It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little Monkey's First Day of Kindergarten.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm sure lots of you guys have been there. That first morning before the first day of school for your first born child. That's a lot of firsts going on right there. Getting them all dressed up in their uniform, ok so not for the first time - couldn't resist having him try it on when we got it last week. And then looking at your little one and thinking. *Where have the last few years gone?* and *Don't you look so grown up all of a sudden?* That big inward sigh and the bursting proud feeling.

Then you pack his little school bag with him, putting the Buzz Lightyear cup and plate in the first pocket, his change of clothes in the second (for those accidental moments), and his body temperature book in the back pocket. All school kids have to take their temp every morning over here, something that become standard after SARS. Then the bag goes on the back... and hold on: wait just a second there nelly.

That tiny little bag is half the size of him!! He's still my little boy. *YEY* He's really looking forward to school, and seeing his teachers. The Kindergarten is bilingual, so he has an English teacher and a Cantonese teacher. The kids start learning in Mandarin in their second year. His Cantonese teacher is err - I don't remember having a hot kindergarten teacher - and his English teacher is a really nice lady from just outside of London, she's an Arsenal fan, but nobody's perfect!

There really is no way of stopping him doing that! He's half Chinese and whenever he sees a camera he has this uncontrolable urge to make the victory sign and grin like a loon! maybe he'll grow out of it, but I hope not!

Being a Uber proud Daddy right now and really wanted to share!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey Chikey, Aw what a cute little monkey you got there! I wish him luck on his first day!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Aww Chi your son is adorable!!!! You should be proud of him!!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ah, how Kawaii!
(Shortened from the overtly long Japanese influences sentence saying basically that.)

Such an adorable little monkey.

I can think of so many hilarious captions for the pictures to.

How old is he, by the way?
I started Kindergarden when I was 5 or 6, but he looks younger.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
He looks ready to go, MonKey.

My boy is stoked for his first day (Monday) of kindergarten too. We'll get some pictures and post 'em up on your thread. Our oldest is starting 2nd grade.

Tell MonKeyboy to give 'em hell...

Regards.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Cheers Guys and Gals! My proudness bubbles over!

Iori - Very Genki!

Well the first day was a blast! We dropped him off and he was fine for a while then he went in to meltdown!! He told the teacher and the helper "I don't want you." and "I don't like you." and when my wife went back (they called her - which they said they would in the first week only) he was in the bathroom going for a wee with screams of "Don't touch me! I do it meself!" The helper was trying to help him with his shorts.

So we sat down and had the whole "being ready for school" chat again. how the teacher is his friend and how playing with the other children will be fun, etc etc...

So far so good! No more tears. He got up this morning and was ready to go. He put his bag by the front door next to my work bag.

"Daddy you take me to school OK?" followed in hushed tones with "Mummy still sleeping, she have a lie in OK?"

Rren - Post those pics Dude! kindergarten rocks. My boy is actually tired by 8 and out by half past. Best thing since sliced bread. He used to lie in bed singing for at least an hour every night!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Go little Monkey!
Sounds to me like you're doing a great job with him.
Well done my good man!

top topics

join