It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation-Free Pulmonary Imaging System Cleared By FDA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is a technology that could have some amazing future ramifications. In the past, radiation had to be used to get images doctors could use and rely on of a patient's lungs. However, the company Deep Breeze, which specializes in vibration imaging technology, has demonstrated that they can accurately get a computerized picture of a patient's lungs in a non-invasive manner (meaning no poking or prodding through the skin) by using the sound generated in the lungs to paint a picture.

This is really cool. Radiation, as I'm sure we all know, is dangerous both to the patient and potentially to the doctor/nurse involved (though many levels of protection exist now). With this new technology, constant monitoring of the lungs is possible without the very real threat of cancer or other side effects of radiation imaging.

If you want to read the company's press release, do so here

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It sounds neat and all but I have to wonder just how effective it will be. I also want to point out this little tidbit at the bottom of the overall page.

Issuers of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.

PR Newswire is hardly a good source for news. If this were a public company then I'd be calling BS already but since it's private and all I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as I suffer from a lung condition and any improvements in diagnostics will help greatly in the long run, esp. the radiation free part heh. I really think that should be in your chart, how much Rads you were exposed to in a session and over your lifetime. It could uncover some surprising results quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I had actually originally found out about it through the FDA's Medical Device Newsletter, which stated much the same thing. It was while I was looking into more information, primarily for this thread, that I came across their PR statement which seemed to sum up everything else I'd been reading better than the other articles. Hence quoting that one.

The Medical Device Newsletter is a by-subscription-only newsletter with a price tag attached, so I wasn't able to link to or directly quote that.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ok, sounds really neat then!
I hope it can point to new treatments for Asthma soon is all I'm saying.
The Eggbeater up my nose treatment doesn't sound too appealing.

top topics

join