It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Children of Abraham

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Before Abraham was, I am; Christ Jesus hath said.

Matt 5:11-12

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. KJV

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
But my finger keeps wanting to point at the Palestinians. But another finger wants to point at the Syrians and Radical Lebanese Shiite Muslim population.

yep and yep they are in league. But woe to him from whom the offenses come; from Satan himself. He is the True enemy here.

We don't wrestle against people; none of them. It's against demons etc.

The Heavens declare the Glory of God,
Connie

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jesus-Is-Real

Originally posted by runetang
But my finger keeps wanting to point at the Palestinians. But another finger wants to point at the Syrians and Radical Lebanese Shiite Muslim population.

yep and yep they are in league. But woe to him from whom the offenses come; from Satan himself. He is the True enemy here.

We don't wrestle against people; none of them. It's against demons etc.

The Heavens declare the Glory of God,
Connie

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Jesus-Is-Real]

I beg to differ. From a biblical point of view if humans didnt act like morons then Hasatan would have no Case to bring before the Adatel. If it were simply demons making people do things HaShem would of just judged them and exterminated them.

From a Biblical point of View it is Humanity on trial. Trial not a game, not a war. Its not a conflict between light and darkness or good and evil. It is Trial. HaShem is the Supreme Judge. Hasatan is The Accuser. The Court is the Adatel. The true enemy is our own actions. We can either prove Hasatan's case right and be sentenced to death or prove him wrong like Job did. Its our choice our future.

It really doesnt matter what you believe, the Bible, G-d , etc. Humanity needs to take responsiblity for its actions. Blaming external factors is a copout and doesnt solve anything. Our Future is in our Hands.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
to put it in a non-Biblical sense for a moment ...

It is like the Q, but with distinctly two characters.

Humanity was being judged by a higher intelligence based on their actions and ability to grow in a more 'humanitarian' way, so to speak.

Q orchestrated tests and let humanity makes its own decisions and actions. Life and death were child's play for Q, as well as time and space, as he shown several times.

In a way it symbolized the Biblical 'trial' we are all on today ... with deliberation and verdict fast approaching.

Great thread

I would like to ask, why do some write G-d? I am very curious. Is it because we are not suppose to? I am trying to understand. Is this suppose to also be applied to any other?

Thanks
Keep up the good work

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
to put it in a non-Biblical sense for a moment ...

It is like the Q, but with distinctly two characters.

Humanity was being judged by a higher intelligence based on their actions and ability to grow in a more 'humanitarian' way, so to speak.

Q orchestrated tests and let humanity makes its own decisions and actions. Life and death were child's play for Q, as well as time and space, as he shown several times.

In a way it symbolized the Biblical 'trial' we are all on today ... with deliberation and verdict fast approaching.

Great thread

I would like to ask, why do some write G-d? I am very curious. Is it because we are not suppose to? I am trying to understand. Is this suppose to also be applied to any other?

Thanks
Keep up the good work

I love the Q analogy it may be closer to reality than any other.

Its a Jewish practice. It was something I was taught to show respect for the Divine. In the same way HeShem or the Name represents the Divine Name.

Here's a link that will help: judaism.about.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well in Yiddish or Hebrew you dont spell YHWH with an A and an E, you leave them out.

So the same word in English should have the vowel left out, according to certain believers. It is a Jewish practice like Mike said.

So if you worship what you feel is the Hebrew G_d, you write it like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation. I think I will start to do so as well. I do see it as more respectful.

The Q analogy is not the only one I feel Star Trek shows. If you dissect the 'races' ... you get cross-section of human mentality. Excuse any spelling errors, for I don't know them ... I am not a dedicated 'trekkie/er'. If you look at the ferengi, klingon, and romulans in particular ... it shows greed/lust/obsession, anger/hate/pride/murder, and deceit/manipulation/secrets ... respectively. You have the vulcans, science, intelligence, pacifism, logic, ritual. Then, you have humans ... in between those two extremes ... idealistic notions, still laced with the corrupt ... scientific discovery versus morality.

I can name several occasions where they tempted to view sentient life as a slave force ... even though they were machines, it was the message behind it. Data's 'daughter' they wanted to take from him and study, trying to force him through their power, Data himself and his independence was put on trial at one point, Data discovered that a tool have become intelligent and made them realize to give the machines a choice whether to go into a potentially dangerous situation, instead of treating them as dispensable objects.

In fact, Star Trek: The Next Generation was filled with moral issues of the past, present, and future. Something that can be related to current affairs is how many times, Picard stood up to corrupt admirals and orders, because a man of good concious does not blindly follow orders ... paraphrased of course. If you know something is wrong, immoral, or a lie ... you don't do it. It is no excuse that you were ordered to ... that is a weak statement admitting you have no mind of your own ... this is what we are facing in the world ... a bunch of yes sir, with no one with the dignity in the top to step up with the truth and defend what is moral and just. There are many more examples if you watch it with open eyes, instead of glazing over as is done today.

Again, Q played the role of a supreme being, part of a collective of many, but also one for they were all Q. They could take any form. He created places void of time, land, creatures, manipulated stars, all as tests so humans could show their potential to think and grow ... and prove they have let go of their savage nature. They had humanity on trial from the first episode, and even the last was a test ... it was directly said in one of the episodes, the trial of humanity was not over, we are always on trial. The Q in the show borderlines on a lucifer character, a wild card who is slightly defiant ... but he does straighten up.

I love that series for the reason of it being an fictional representation of our spiritual jouney in real life. Though many may not see it that way. Of course, I am interpreting it as I see fit, relating it to how I see religion and making it fit my views.

I believe in the hebrew G-d and His Word. I may not believe man's current corruption of it. I have several copies of the Bible, the one I plan to read next is 'The Complete Jewish Bible' ... which has the OT and NT in it, with the OT being the common translation from the hebrew text used for the jewish religion. The NT being a new translation from the old text, not based on the KJV ... so a fresh look on the text ... I don't know if it includes books left out by the old churches that felt they didn't 'fit in' with the message they wanted. This is why I still believe in my heart, and not what a denomination tells me. I think that is what He wants, for us to read it and try to understand Him, and He will help you separate the chaff in your mind in heart if you are willing to trust in Him.

I know in my heart who He is, and I just hope other people can learn, but that is for them. They know it is out there, you cannot force it on someone, it has to be allowed and wanted from inside. I will admit, I need to clean up my act more, I am not as pure as I used to be.

I am rambling, I will stop! Sorry about that. I didn't mean to sidetrack the thread as I have.

Thanks again for the link and explanation.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Funny you mention Esau, his descendants are the Edomites. And there are many prophecies explaining how the Edomites will conspire to control the children of David & Israel, even though they will be a minority among them. King Herod was an Edomite, descendant of Esau.

If modern day descendants of Ishmael are the various Arab tribes, and those of Isaac are the 12 tribes of Israel, 10 of which have been scattered amongst former Assyria in its greatness (From Syria to Afghanistan), meaning Judah and Benjamin are the two remaining tribes in Israel; who are the modern descendants of Esau?

As there was a split in the Arab and Hebrew nations, with Ishmael and Isaac so was there a split in the Russian and Christian nations with Esau and Jacob. Jacob, who became Israel, meaning all 12 tribes is made up of 2 houses. The House of Judah and the House of Israel.

The house of Judah, which also is made up of Benjamin and some of Levi are what is considered "Jews". The 10 scattered tribes of the house of Israel are not Jews but are Israelite. They are scattered throughout the world but I believe and signs point to them being the Christian nations of today.

Christ said in Matthew 15:24....

But He answered and said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

The nation of Israel is not what is being referenced as Israel when you read of it in Biblical passages as it didn't come into being until 1948.

.............Whirlwind

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join