It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bahia Horned Beast" - Photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This picture was submitted to Loren Coleman (and he published it on his site Cryptomundo for comments).

Loren, hopefully you can shed some light on this thing. The thing has many human qualities I can see under a scope. [It] appears to have clothing, however the burnished bronze color throws me off. [It was] photo[graph]ed by a 15 year old American girl. She was on tour with a group from Michigan. Supposedly the temp. is 100+.

More

To me it looks just like a person covered in mud - standing in the mud. The reflection on the water is pretty consistent, so I won't put my money on "photoshopped"... (Although far from impossible!) There's something familiar about the scene, but I just can't put my finger on it... Strange pose though. A bit far to be sure of anything (but we shouldn't expect less from Crypto pictures), but at least it's not blurry.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Looks too human. If it was a creature it would have to have the same lineage as you and I. Reminds me of swamp thing . Could be possible viral campaige, or something from a movie.

Hey, but at least its not a blurry picture, or pixelsquash.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i don't know it just doesn't look real to my untrained eyes, but i guess anything is possible. not to mention why would it be wearing clothes? as far as i know only the human species wheres clothes. plus it appears to be bipedal (also as humans). something is odd.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hmmm, interesting, on closer inspection of the picture, it looks like its carrying something. Odd!

Maybe its a 'baby' whatever-it-is...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus_Unknown
Hmmm, interesting, on closer inspection of the picture, it looks like its carrying something. Odd!

I notice that as well. It also looks like there is something dangling from its left belt side, possibly a weapon?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, maybe it is his demon towel and his demon loufa (sp?).

The following will be observations with the assumption it is real ... that does not mean I have made that decision, but speculation of possibilities to further the discussion.

I definitely see horns on the head. Maybe not horns but a balding, deformed wookie with a bad hair day? That is definitely a big ugly head as well. I can see the eyes and a big jaw/slightly open mouth. If I was walking through a trail and met that face to face, and you had a radar, I would clock in as the fastest human being ever ... for that would scare the bah-jeez-us out of me. If I were to design a demon, that would be the face. Hideous.

It isn't something hanging from its belt, but, something being carried, pressed against the body by the left arm. Goes from around the armpit area, and almost looks like it goes to the water ... as if it was a dead animal with hanging legs, though that is a stretch, I hope it describes the size and shape of what I see better.

In its hands, maybe a demon baby ... it has the similar lightness that the head of daddy/mommy demon has, like a less hairy young/infant would, including a lighter head.

I would say that wouldn't be clothes, but hair and dirt.

Now, could this be from a movie being filmed and the girl didn't realize it?

Are there any halloween masks that may fit the bill?

I cannot judge the scale, so it could be any size.

It is odd how the water is nasty right where it is standing and back, but clear in front ... but I could say it looks almost like a path from straight back that closed back up ... the shade and cove effect could have produced the slime back there.

I would say the stance relates to sitting down, standing up ... or I have been holding something in my arm like that before, and it started to slip and I bent at the knees similar to that at least a couple times (strange reaction, I know, try to soften the drop I suppose
).

The larger ripples seem to be heading towards the creature, but stop in front of it, or hasn't reached it yet from what I can tell.

Some things would lead to editing, but a from a skilled one. Some things seem rather convincing.

That is all I can see at this time. That was amusing for a bit

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
can anyone get closeup on the picture? hard to see. =/

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Is this a smudge mistake?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Woah, it has horns, but still looks like one of those bronze sculptures that many artists make to spruce up nature trails, I've seen one exactly like this, a horned beast with goat legs holding a trident, in a forest not far from here. I'm sorry I couldn't find a link..

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think the thing hanging on the right would be a tail...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just a question...was there a Rainbow Gathering happening anywhere in the area? I have seen horned humans at those, freaked me out until I realized they are quite popular at these events and readily available for sale or barter. It doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to get them mud covered in the stream....lol... These events usually take place in the middle of nowhere and quite frankly I haven't heard of any for quite some time...doesn't mean they aren't happening tho...

[edit on 11-8-2007 by ilikebluepez]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Looks to me like a hollywood movie in the making. How would it not know your taking the photo since your so close and it is in the wide open/ I guess you could be in the bushes somewhere but still looks to fake to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat
Looks too human. If it was a creature it would have to have the same lineage as you and I. Reminds me of swamp thing . Could be possible viral campaige, or something from a movie.

Hey, but at least its not a blurry picture, or pixelsquash.

HHAHAHHA
why is everything a viral campain now?

anywho,
This is definatly as fake as Pams boobs.

Also note:
There are no tracks in the mud behind him or around him for that matter. It looks like a statue was placed there and someone saw it and took a picture. Hes smiling too.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Thats it blown up without the pixalation for all you people with photoshop out there. On the right is the same thing but with the hues changed slightly, just abit easyer on the eyes imo.
If you look at the head it almost looks like there is a hair line where it gets cut off by a cap but the jaw looks odd and the cheeks are massive, also the shoulders looks to be missing a large chunk.

To me it looks like someone has attacked a man with a liquify brush and thrown it up on the net.

Why is there only 1 photo? If i saw something like that id fill the cammera/roll of film.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It looks as though it holding something in it's left hand. The scene looks like a mud bog for four wheeling and sometimes people dress up for the events.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Looks like a man wearing a laytex mask i dont think it a demon possibly a mud covered man wearing a set of novelty horn but thats one ugly man.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok, now I've read the story that goes with the pic it sounds like crapola.
The photo was taken by a 15 year old girl who claims it attacked her and pushed her into the mud and water. What she was doing on this particular mudbank in the middle of nowhere, alone - who knows.
I think she said she was part of a sightseeing tour group (making it more likely to me that it is a statue or something).
So how did she take this photo?
Compared to most pics it's pretty darn good and in focus - especially taken by a 15 year old who was just attacked by a monster.
and where was she when she took it? The position of the pic looks elevated yet in the water as if from a boat maybe?
Did she just happen to be carrying a waterproof camera when she was pushed into the mud and water?
Her story just doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I did some PS'ing and my conclusions are:

*The demon does appear to be in the picture. He does have a strange glow around him, though, which could mean that he is pasted in.
*It doesnt seem as if he is moving, ie. the water/mud is totally still where he should be comming up. The posture of the demon seems a bit odd though, if this is the case.
*The dead bodies behind him to the left (At least, thats what I am seeing) seems to be a bit out of the picture, and it has a clear horisontal pixel-line beneath it, making me conclude that is is pasted in. This is clearly visible when tampering with color-channels.
*Lighting does appear to be fine on everything.
*The demon is not facing towards the picture-taker, so what is he 'screaming' at?
*The reflection in the water seem to be at an odd angle. Could be the photo though.

Edit: Sphellinhg.

[edit on 13/8/07 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, I posted over there but Loren didn't appreciate my post and got a little, lets say upset about it. He removed my post and well....we're currently discussing it.

Suffice it to say, I am less than impressed by the story.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ha. It looks like it's carrying a baby.

But seriously, I don't buy it. It just looks like a guy covered in mud. As said above, it looks too human.

Also, the mud it's coming out of looks like it would be relatively solid ground (as in, not a huge mud puddle that you would fall in) beside some sort of flooded area. ... but that's just what I'm seeing.

(edited for typos!)

[edit on 14/8/07 by xhorrorgasmx]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join