It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaeda threat of radioactive truck attacks naming New York, Los Angeles, Miami

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Dan5647 came up with a great quote from a Nazi monster, that is not to be ignored. The greatest truths often come from the mouths of the fallen conspirators.

You mean I did.... =)

But yes... this is what I was trying to convey by posting this quote from Goering. Our enemies can tell us volumes about how to defeat them and how to never follow in their footsteps if we just listen to them.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Creedo]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I'm not afraid of bin laden, 9/11 was an inside job. If we have another 9/11 I can promise that our own cia is behind it.

Here is one more line so it is not a 2 sentence response. Bush wnats marshal law so bad he is foaming at the mouth. Just needs one more emergency terror attack so that the bill of rights can be permabanned.

aggred 100 percent.

personally i feel the ish is gone hit the fan real soon.these scary times indeed if you take into account the amount of oddities goin on in the world rite now it would be enuff to make any reasonable person a lil nervous.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
holy..I posted on the wrong thread..my bad.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I'm not afraid of bin laden, 9/11 was an inside job. If we have another 9/11 I can promise that our own cia is behind it.

Here is one more line so it is not a 2 sentence response. Bush wnats marshal law so bad he is foaming at the mouth. Just needs one more emergency terror attack so that the bill of rights can be permabanned.

I agree.
If you research the way that they caught organized crime figures and conspirators, they monitored who their associates were.
Who they met with, and who came to see them, their friends etc.
If you apply that same effect to 9-11, specifically the White House, you will get an interesting outcome.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Question:

How would the suposed "terrorists" be able to get any significant amount of radioactive material (not to mention a quantity large enough to require a truck) past the detection equipment that is supposed to be in place and protecting the city since 9/11?

I could see a small amount of radioactive material being used to "spice up" a bomb in a back-pack or lunchbox. But such a device would create, at best, a relatively minor disruption. Hardly worthy of an AQ attack. The radiological component of the attck would pale by far when compared to the actual damage/carnage resulting from the blast itself.

If you had enough radiologic material/waste to require a vehicle, especially as large a vehicle as a truck, to transport it, and the explosives intended to disburse it, you would also require an inordinately large amount of shielding to hide the material from radiation sensors. Otherwise your plot would be detected, and foiled, by the authorities before you had a chance to pull it off.

Maybe the authorities know that there really are no radiation detectors protecting the city?

Or maybe all this activity in NYC has something more to do with security concerns over a possible imminent collapse of the NYSE, and its aftermath, than with a supposed threat by AQ.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bhadhidar, you must understand that detection systems cannot possibly cover all of the NYC or any major city. And counter-detection measures are also an option. Same applies to the border. Furthermore, it's possible to obtain radioactive material on American soil. Example:

Radioactive materials that could be employed in RDDs range from radiation sources used in medicine or industry to spent nuclear fuel from nuclear power plants. In general, the physical protection requirements for radioactive sources widely used in commerce are quite lax; however, the largest radiotherapy sources typically contain no more than a few hundred curies of gamma-emitters like cesium-137 or cobalt-60. Sources of this size, if removed from their shielded containers, could present an acute hazard to individuals within the vicinity (tens of meters) of the source. However, an effective dispersal of the material would tend to dilute the concentration downwind of the site of detonation to relatively low levels quickly. Acute radiation hazard would probably be confined to an area of a few hundred meters radius around the site for a ground-level release. However, the occurrence of localized areas of contamination further downwind would be a possibility, depending on the meteorology.

Nuclear Terrorism --- How To Prevent It

If you sum all of the possibilities together, it would be quite possible to make a couple of dirty bombs with significant quantity of radio-active materials.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Duby78]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This in 11 hours ago..a fender bender results in detection of Radioactive material!!!Radiation leak Detected at an auto accident scene!

Sys

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This could be just another government attempt to make people fearful. It's strange that they didn't say this on CNN or Fox, it's their favorite spot to put the 'scary' news. In all cases, I'm not scared of the terrorists, I'm scared of the government. If the real terrorists decided to destroy a couple of governmental buildings, and kill a couple of politicians, perfect! We have a common enemy then. As far as I'm concerned, real terrorists might not even exist. We might aswell nickname the government terrorists instead.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Atlantix]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
This in 11 hours ago..a fender bender results in detection of Radioactive material!!!Radiation leak Detected at an auto accident scene!
Sys

And driver has fled from the scene... And no further reports on the accident. Only thing I've found is that escaped vehicle owner's father gave police explanation that they've found 'plausible'. I don't know about this one, but it surely seems fishy.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I would think it may be the next "Operation Pearl"-There is 38 drums of radioactive waste missing from Los Alamos
www.wagingpeace.org/menu/resources/sunflower

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by larkztongue
I would think it may be the next "Operation Pearl"-There is 38 drums of radioactive waste missing from Los Alamos
www.wagingpeace.org/menu/resources/sunflower

The link you've provided does not work, you get 404. But it is a nice catch anyways, larkztongue
! I've done a little research, and thanks to your lead, found existing article about it:

Waste at Los Alamos Missing

But there are more interesting things considering Los Alamos facility...

If these sealed sources fell into the hands of terrorists, they could use them to produce a simple and crude, but potentially dangerous, weapon by packaging explosives, such as dynamite, with the radioactive material, which would be dispersed when the bomb went off...

PLUTONIUM MISSING FROM LOS ALAMOS

Dangerous Discrepancies: Missing Weapons Plutonium in Los Alamos National Laboratory Waste Accounts

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Duby78]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What tripe, I doubt al-Qaeda has the ability to pull that one off, must be another budget run or a bill that needs implementing. Al-Qaeda has never implemented anything that requires more than mindless violence even the biggest plots were pulled off by morons. I just believe the handling and use of a dirty bomb is beyond them both in materials and intellectual needs. Maybe just the general internet chatter from American civilians is a little less than what the government services and/or media wants so it’s time to run the scare tactics again to bring you all back into patriotic line.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join