It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaeda threat of radioactive truck attacks naming New York, Los Angeles, Miami

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Most Americans no longer listen to Al Qaeda's "warnings", they are nothing but bluffs. If they wanted to attack us they would be having suicide bombers blowing up in crowded malls/stores, movie theaters, schools, restaurants, etc ... now that would really spread fear.

Exactly. You don't warn your enemy beforehand of an impending attack. It's all U.S. controlled fearmongering.

Then again, one time the attack will actually happen as they say and then the government will say, "See, you didn't listen to us." They will get their wish and the American people will back them as they proceed to nuke the hell out of the middle east. And who do you think will nuke us eventually, China? Heck no, they don't have the cajones. They will mess with our economy but they wouldn't dare nuke us. It will be Russia, just as the recent news points to. I get an eerie feeling that John Titor's story and warning may hold water.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

Exactly. You don't warn your enemy beforehand of an impending attack. It's all U.S. controlled fearmongering.

I don't think that's so true. Apparently bin Laden got a lot of criticism from Muslims for not warning of 9/11 beforehand. I guess the Koran (or Islamic law/tradition/whatever) says that you must warn people and offer them the choice of converting to Islam before you kill them.

[edit on 8/11/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think that's so true. Apparently bin Laden got a lot of criticism from Muslims for not warning of 9/11 beforehand. I guess the Koran (or Islamic law/tradition/whatever) says that you must warn people and offer them the choice of converting to Islam before you kill them.

If you really believe Bin Laden carried out 9/11, I don't know what to say to you. Bin Laden and Bush are buddies.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
PROBLEM - REACTION - SOLUTION

The next attack on the US will be an inside job again, to get more policy agreed on the citizens and to progress the NWO agenda.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
What I have wanted to know for a long time now is where are all these Al Qaida / Islamic militant / Jihadi and assorted booga booga websites where all the "chatter" and the warnings take place?
The press and our governments constantly quote from them and tell us to fear an endless stream of credible threats, but never tell us where to go look to see for ourselves. Are they afraid we'll all be seduced by some fancy graphics and the promise of the odd virgin upon our glorious demise in the service of Allah?

Seriously, I want to go visit these sites to see what the likes of Adam Pearlman have to say about our impending demise and just how naughty our western ways are. I strongly doubt any serious trrrrist organisation is going to trust their well laid plans, contacts and code systems to such an easily monitored, traceable, hackable medium.

Of course, our governments and their compliant press lackeys think we ARE all so dumb as to believe it - and in many cases they are sadly correct on that assumption

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Britguy]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The entire scenario is bull, The articles are only released by the media to keep the whole "The enemy is waiting" feeling looming over our heads. It's starting to lose its effect on the average populace and I'm sure they've realized that fact by now. I can guarantee another false flag operation will be launched again in the next few years, with the purpose of forcing the fear of an attack back into American public eye while making it look like troops are still needed in Iraq.

It'll have one of two outcomes:

Most Likely - The government will use the terrorist attack to pass even more anti-terrorism legislation and fuel an invasion into Iran.

Most Unlikely - People will realize that Homeland security is completely useless in preventing these so called "Terrorist attacks".

The crap in the newspaper is just fear propaganda, the one to worry about is the unspoken one.

..Wow. I really do sound like a nutjob

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Is it safe to assume that everyone who is saying that another false flag op is coming that your minds are already made up on this? Is there zero chance in your eyes that AQ or another terrorist group could have a successful attack? Is that honestly what you consider an open mind to be?

Let's face it, you all say THEY did 9/11, THEY did 7/7 THEY did...not do the Madrid train bombings so that one must have been terrorists right? So why can't they get it right again?

If only because of the source then I would remain more concerned about the SUV/White House/Bush & Musharref story a little while ago over this, but that isn't to say we can ignore this one entirely, port cities will always be high priority targets for attack.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, we've been hearing of possible terrorist (nuclear/radiological) attack on US soil for quite a while.
Here are some examples:

Nuclear Terrorism --- How To Prevent It

Report: Bin Laden Planning Nuclear Attack on US Soi This Month, 12 Sep 2006

Nuclear terrorism: The new day after

Cheney: Nuclear terrorist attack inside the U.S. "a very real threat''

Chertoff's gut

etc.

IMO, there are few possibilities:

1) Security services really have some serious and credible info on what is going on
2) Preparations for a false flag attack
3) Fearmongering

And by the way, I've checked the media sources, there are no fresh news on events in NY. Strange... More fearmongering? Well, since this could be serious stuff, I'd delay conclusions until we find out more.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I cannot believe how seriously this is being taken:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- New York police officers screened vehicles Saturday near Wall Street with radiation detection devices as "a precautionary measure" after an unconfirmed Web report about a possible radiological attack on U.S. cities.

New York police take precautions after purported al Qaeda threat - CNN.com

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
I call bunk on this one. No one with any sense at all would tell their enemy's what they are going to do ahead of time. It is one thing to threaten to attack it is another thing to tell your enemy HOW you are going to attack.

Originally posted by Nerdling
The DEBKA report isn't specific about the date and time but the NYPD have been, coupled with a lack of alert in Miami and Los Angeles which were also mentioned in the DEBKA report I find it all very odd.

Excellent observations! What I find strange is fact police activity was limited to 34th street and its surroundings. That would suggest that NYPD had more precise information. Looks fishy!

Police confirmed the increased security was in response to receiving information that a dirty bomb may go off on Friday evening around 34th street in Manhattan -- a neighborhood with the Empire State Building, New York City's tallest building, Madison Square Garden and Macy's department store.
Source

Or maybe is NYPD brass just twitchy? If they fell for Debka, then they really are.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Tthe techniques of terrorism are rumour, veiled threats, with an occaisional attack. At this point we are using up resources on rumours and threats. But if authorities don't follow through and investigate, if they toss off the information (as was done with the intelligence obtained before 9/11) when something does happen, we will be blaming Bush, Cheney, Congress, and the garbage man.
I agree that something is in the air.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
How can you all trust the website Debka? Are they credible with their sources? How do you know that Debka is able to monitor what Al Qaeda is saying? In my opinion, this is either speculation or a conspiracy. Most of the information from these "news" websites aren't really that accurate and reliable.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
How can you all trust the website Debka? Are they credible with their sources? How do you know that Debka is able to monitor what Al Qaeda is saying? In my opinion, this is either speculation or a conspiracy. Most of the information from these "news" websites aren't really that accurate and reliable.

They've probably got more credibility than Fox News does, so I will check their headlines regularly.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I agree that something is in the air. There seems to be a feeling of foreboding in the country, something I haven't felt since Kennedy's assasination. At first I thought it was just me, but since reading this thread, I am beginning to think that something is going on that is psychically afftecting all of us.
We are all slogging along, trying to make a living, or just trying to get by, but deep down, we know something is wrong. An earlier poster referred to some military incidents this summer. What about the weather? This has got to be one of the strangest summers I have ever seen. The west coast is on fire, Texas and Oklahoma are flooding, the south is baking, and there was a tornado in Brooklyn, NY. England is flooding, and Europe is baking. (I'm not sure, but I think it is one of the hottest summers on record over there.)
I know this is thread drift but I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker420

They've probably got more credibility than Fox News does, so I will check their headlines regularly.

LMAO
Are you serious?

From Debka Wikipedia page
Forbes identifies the best part of the website as its archives, but decries the fact that "most of the information is attributed to unidentified sources."

Tell me, where do they get their information from?

You are saying you would rather trust information coming from the Internet, where the biggest rumors are spread, rather than from a television news channel or a newspaper? No wonder many Americans are trying to "find the truth".

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship ...Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."

- Hermann Goering, Nazi leader at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II, In Politics/Nazism

I cant help but think of this quote every time I hear something on the news about 911, the war in Iraq, and just about anything going on here at home since 911.

Unless we get new leadership in this next Presedential Election that truely is FOR the people and FOR the USA, then I dont think we as Americans are going to be able to hold onto what this country was truely about. We need political cleansing in a big way!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo
I cant help but think of this quote every time I hear something on the news about 911, the war in Iraq, and just about anything going on here at home since 911.

You take pride in what a Nazi would say?

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Dan5647]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Pride? What... are you kidding me? Why would I take pride in his words? I am not sure "pride" is the word you meant to use, so I'll pretend you didnt "go there". pfft..

Nazi or not, what he said is the truth. If you convince the people that they are under attack, they will follow you to hell... maybe a tactic not as effective today as it was in 1940's Germany, but effective none the less.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oh COME ON! DEBKAfile is an obvious zionist, neocon news (propaganda) outlet! As long as I did'nt read that from other news sites, this is nothing but war-mongering rubbish...

And btw, Chertoff's "gutsy feelings" have failed the American people in New Orleans during Katrina... how can he "feel" a tragedy accurately now?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creedo

Dan5647 came up with a great quote from a Nazi monster, that is not to be ignored. The greatest truths often come from the mouths of the fallen conspirators.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join