It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek is coming true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
My dad said to me a while ago that star trek is the future, i asked him what he ment and he said ' do you remeber the little thing on there cheast they pushed to talk to another' and i thoguht thats just a small phone to use, push it, say a name and it auto dials it, and that was disigned on star trek at the begining i think, any one else got any more examples of that ?

Take Care, Vix

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Matter-antimatter propulsion will become a likely candidate in the near future. They have already produced small amounts of anti-matter in those whiz bang particle accelerators and NASA talks about it's potential all the time.
I can't wait to walk around giant starships and be chased around by pure energy beings forcing me to do battle with Klingons for it feed off of. The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Its all about the Holodecks!

Also we have nanotechnology in the distant horizon

Touch Screen Technology

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The holographic screens are amazing. And it's only a matter of, what like, maybe 5 years before the images become completely stable and will be used without much difficulty, and then maybe another 10 years after that before we start seeing these things in everyday home use.

I would like to see laser bridges. I dunno if startrek ever had them, but I would like to see them, and not just for the recent catastrophe either, They would just be cool.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
shields/forcefields - i read something a few years ago about a group of scientists developing a plasma field that could instantly vaporize projectiles. not sure what ever came of that. we already have rudimentary ion propulsion, but that was a star wars thing. =)

hyposprays are here - fires small bits of gold particles to force the medication through the skin. not widely used.

voice control and speech synthesis interaction with computers. voice control still needs work but the speech stuff we have has come a long way in recent years.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
God i wish I was on a star ship, cruising around, seeing everything ...

Yeah, how about tri corders. Air ports have bomb detection scanners now that are pretty amazing.

Please god invent a sci fi portal where I can travel to the world of star trek, to spend the rest of my days in bliss with seven of nine. I would give you my left everything if this would be so........damn this sucks, still here. I need a cigarete and a cold shower.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
yeah i'm not ashamed to say that i would just spend the rest of my life on a holodeck. =)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It is definatly becoming a reality at least some of the technology. They have even invented the transporter already....although they can only transport on the atomic level right now.
Heres one for ya...remember the Holo-deck.(the room that would make holograms around you and would seem like reality on the show?) Check this video out.....www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
neat, but until i can go instide that thing and interact, it's not a holodeck. =)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its only a matter of time before you will be able to walk inside.....remember some of these technologies are still in their infancy.Anyone remember what ..I think it was Kelly Johnson of skunk works said? We have the technology right now to travel among the stars, but it would take an act of God to have those technologies released to the public. I believe that was said back in the 70's.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i'm not familiar with kelly johnson. i'll have to do some research. my dad told me stories when i was younger about a guy he had a conversation with. apparently this person worked for lockeed or some similar organization that developed craft for the government. he basically said the same thing. that the public knowledge of what we're capable is drastically delayed from reality. his words were "we have stuff flying that you can't even begin to imagine and we have things on the drawing board that would scare the $&*@ out of you." yes it's heresay, but i think it's neat. =)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I believe that a large majority of the ufo's that we see in the skies are in fact craft we have designed and built....but not all.I think Gene Rodenbury was ahead of his time in thinking when he came up with Star Trek along with Tesla,Jules Verne although Tesla was a real scientist.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i did a report on rodenberry in high school. very interesting fellow and yes, he was WAY ahead of his time.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wish we had sliding doors and stairs that could move. I believe that although not as technologically razzy snazzy as a holodeck, it would help out grandma when she needed to move from floor to floor.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I remember a while back, not sure if it was an invention of some sort, but you walk into a machine and then buttons are pressed gas is expelled from the chamber, and you walk out. In another one your double walks out...I would really love to see this happen...No more waking up for work

If not that then I would love one of those Holodecks I'm hearing about, those with nothing to do (Like Moi) could have something to do..

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Much work has also been done on cloaking(Romulins maybe). Plasma Stealth devices are alledgedly for sale and implimneted on Russian aircraft.

Even in area of tricorder..

Some of these were mentioned on really good program on History Channel or Discovery Ch one..

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How about that whole not having to go to the toilet thing?

Now that would save time.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The History Channel did a special on the impact that Star Trek has had since it's inception.

You should check it out.

They mentioned that Mp3 players were inspired by Star Trek.

Shattered OUT...

top topics

join