It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney urging military strikes on Iran + B2 bombers deployed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
3 Articles this week are starting to raise eyebrows and force the people into a lull of reality that '' Strikes on Iran?... yeah figured it was coming ''

Event 1.
www.mcclatchydc.com...

WASHINGTON — President Bush charged Thursday that Iran continues to arm and train insurgents who are killing U.S. soldiers in Iraq, and he threatened action if that continues.

Cheney, who's long been skeptical of diplomacy with Iran, argued for military action if hard new evidence emerges of Iran's complicity in supporting anti-American forces in Iraq; for example, catching a truckload of fighters or weapons crossing into Iraq from Iran, one official said.

The Bush administration has launched what appears to be a coordinated campaign to pin more of Iraq's security troubles on Iran.

So Cheney wants proof for military action.....

Well that leads me to number 2.
abcnews.go.com...

U.S. Military Captures Video of Iraqi Insurgents Prepping Iranian Rockets for Battle
In this image released by the U.S. military, insurgents are seen in a videotape setting up 49 rockets aimed at Forward Operating Base Hammer, about 20 miles east of Baghdad; the rockets were launched Sunday, Aug. 5, 2007. The video also shows the set-up of an attack on the base July 11, 2007, which killed one soldier and wounded 15. The video was captured in a raid Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2007.

Number 3, we've got this rumour, doing some circles about B-2 Bombers being deployed to GUAM.
www.iraq-war.ru...

Reliable sources have told "The Hal Turner Show" that at 0300 yesterday morning, crews of B-2 "Stealth" bombers at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri were ordered deployed immediately to Guam.

Crews barely had time to phone relatives to tell them they were being forward-deployed. Crews could not say where they were going or how long they would be deployed, but "The Hal Turner Show" can confirm the long range nuclear bombers have been sent to Guam. Additional details as they become available. . . . . check back.

Just in time for the economy if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Just in time for the economy if you ask me.

Totally agree with you there... ;-P

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
more likely it was to do with the russians...
link to story

also an ats thread on recent russian flying activities ... here

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Why deploy bombers?
That doesnt make sense.. What they did was tradition, and 'smiles' were exchanged...

putting bombers in guam doesnt stop russians doing this..
Id say, as the article suggests it's more so for Pakistan..

The good general did start posturing about emergency powers being declared, as such it was leaked this idea has been taken of the table.

Maybe we are re-assuring the good general, that we're going to hit, and hit hard..

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Valiant Shield 07 kicked off August 6th, and runs through August 13th. It involves the USAF, USN, USCG, USMC, etc. 280 aircraft, and several hundred ships are all involved in it. This is the second year that Valiant Shield has been held.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Oh come on, Iran is basically BEGGING to be bombed right now. I mean they parade their terrorist relationships and ideology daily in their streets and media. There's nothing to hide. I don't see why not, just because it's Cheney urging this doesn't make it any less necessary. Iran is developing nuclear technology to use in a plan against the U.S., better to avoid it now then deal with it later.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Oh come on, Iran is basically BEGGING to be bombed right now. I mean they parade their terrorist relationships and ideology daily in their streets and media.

Daily? And they have terrorist relationships because Cheney said so?
Please support your argument with facts, otherwise it's bs.

Originally posted by laiguana
Iran is developing nuclear technology to use in a plan against the U.S., better to avoid it now then deal with it later.

Are they? They didn't threat the US before the attack on Iraq. The US were the first ones to threaten Iran after they attacked Afghanistan. Even after that, they threaten the US only indirectly - "If you attack us, we will ... " - Look it up. You won't find a quote where Ahmadinedjad says, that he has plans to attack or even destroy the US as a first turn

PS: nice post Agit8dChop

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
What really worries me is that those bombers have nuclear capabilities and if you believe the source article on that story, those planes do not get deployed unless they are going to strike.

I am inclined to believe that article. I can't explain why but that it just makes sense to me. It goes on to say that the bombers will strike the Pakistan/Iraq border but that they will fly over China to get there. That just seems like a Bush/Cheney "My *snip* is bigger than yours, behold it's glory" kind of move.

To get back to topic, I think we are (have been) being preconditioned to accept an eventual strike on Iran. When the US was talking about invading Iraq, the very first thing I noticed was that if successful (and no reason to think the US wouldn't be) the US would cover both sides of Iran's boarders. Bush told us all he would go after Iran years ago in his Jan 2002 State of the Union when he talked about "The Axis of Evil". It was North Korea, Iran and Iraq. He spent most of his time talking about Iraq and how big of a "threat" they were, but you had to wonder what the plan was for the other two even back then.

"Strike on Iran..eh...it was coming" will more than likely be the general attitude, but no one will like it.

Edited cause I am a no spelling moron this morning.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by section8citizen]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Cheney is determined. So it may take days or weeks but

there's going to be a big war no matter what anyone wants.

Dick Rules.

I wonder what happens to people like him in hell?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Valiant Shield 07 kicked off August 6th, and runs through August 13th. It involves the USAF, USN, USCG, USMC, etc. 280 aircraft, and several hundred ships are all involved in it. This is the second year that Valiant Shield has been held.

Here is an article on a previous Valiant Shield, focusing on the B2

6/20/2006 - ANDERSEN AIR FORCE BASE, Guam (AFPN) -- The 393rd Expeditionary Bomb Squadron has spent the past three weeks refining the skills necessary to maintain the B-2 Spirit, one of the world’s most advanced weapon systems.

During exercises Valiant Shield, continuing through June 23, and Northern Edge, which ran from June 5 to 16, B-2 aircrew members executed long-duration missions and integrated with aircraft they don’t typically see on the range.

Valiant Shield, conducted on and around Guam, is a U.S. Pacific Command exercise which focuses on integrated joint training and interoperability among U.S. military forces while responding to a range of mission scenarios.

www.af.mil...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Any chance any of these "scenarios" involve Iran, North Korea or China? I know that seems sarcastic but I am actually serious. I am real curious as to what the scenarios are for these exercises

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
sure Iran,
but also Pakistan have to be on someone's list of targets...

consider a squadron of B-1 bombers departing from the U.S.A
consider a squadron of B-2 bombers departing from Guam

the intended target will be the target needing the most immediate attention

what will these specialized bombers mission be?
see this article: www.bitsofnews.com...

Massive Ordnance Penetrators (MOP)
1 ea. on a B-1
2 ea. on a B-2

Iran- target the farflung nuclear weapons development facilities
Pakistan- target the nuclear missile storage bunkers, etc.
~~ to nutrealize the nation with the Islamic Bomb after a Coup is underway

sounds just like what you'ld expect from Cheney & his personal
shadow govt 'Office of Special Plans' operation

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
How long does it take the bombers to reach their targets? Scary stuff with so many nations at the brink of war.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
What really worries me is that those bombers have nuclear capabilities and if you believe the source article on that story, those planes do not get deployed unless they are going to strike.

Wrong. They deploy all the time for anything from an airshow, to an exercise. They have to train with the people they're going to fight with, and from the places they will fight from. Just last year they were sitting on Guam for over a month doing training exercises with B-1s, B-52s, USAF fighters, and the US Navy. You have to train like you're going to fight, and that means that you have to know what your units are capable of, and the only way to do that is to deploy and train with other units.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
How long does it take the bombers to reach their targets? Scary stuff with so many nations at the brink of war.

When they were hitting Iraq and Afghanistan they were launching out of Missouri, hitting targets, landing in Diego Garcia to swap crews, and flying back to Missouri, for a total mission time of 44-50 hours round trip.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There are many types of terrorists and the suicide bombers are one type; Cheney is another, the type who promotes and forments war. He is a war criminal and should be treated as such if we ever get that bastard and his puppet out of office.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The source said the Pilots didn't know where they were going.

If they are merely participating in Valiant shield, they would of known about it ages ago.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe not. It could be a no notice exercise. They want to see how the B-2 crews and maintenance teams do with out being told they were deploying. How long it takes them to prep the planes, and get them airborne and on the way. How many of them come back, how fast they fix any maintenance problems, etc. They are constantly doing that to test squadron readiness. Especially with a problematic airframe like the B-2. This would be the perfect time to find out how many planes they could send into combat with no notice, and how many bombs they could get on target without it being a life or death situation.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Zaphod: You can say I am wrong all day long, but like I said 'If you believe the source article" they do not deploy these bombers unless they intend to strike. I agree with you, they need to train etc etc. I do not dispute that at all, however I was referring back to the source article which says...

"UPDATE August 9, 2007 00:12 HRS EDT - Due to the incredible technologies employed in the B2 Stealth Bomber, the aircraft exist at only ONE operating base anywhere in the world: Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri. According to military sources, the super secret planes are never sent abroad "unless they are going to be used." The military contact I spoke with just minutes ago told me "When we deploy the B2, we intend to strike."

Did you even read these articles before you decided to let me know how wrong I am?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre
The source said the Pilots didn't know where they were going.

If they are merely participating in Valiant shield, they would of known about it ages ago.

And if they had foreknowledge, ? why would they feel obligated to reveal their destination anyhow...
i believe their destinations are considered classified or at least not to be proclaimed publically.
~ even their family may know the when, but maybe not the where ~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join