It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel's "What If....?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Having a chat with someone made me wonder.......

How many of you ever read any of Marvel's "What If...?" books, either the original run from the 70s or the later run from the 90s? If you have, what was your favorite?

Mine is probably a two-parter from the 90s run -- "What If Captain America Led An Army Of Super-Soldiers in WWII?"

It's not nearly so straight-forward as it sounds. Anyone else read this one from nearly a decade ago?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
if captain america would have lead an army of super soldiers hitler AND stalin would have # their pants. the US would of the follwed through with Pattons plan to take moscow.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I've got so many comics... yeah, I've read (and still have) every What If made from the 80's and 90's. BIG comic geek here!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Comic geek here too.

I still have: What if Conan was Stranded in the 20th Century?

and

What if Conan Battled Thor?

awesome reads!!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
How many of you ever read any of Marvel's "What If...?" books, either the original run from the 70s or the later run from the 90s? If you have, what was your favorite?

Ya, I had a bunch of the really old ones (70's I guess) although I really can't say that any of them stand out in my mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
I've got so many comics... yeah, I've read (and still have) every What If made from the 80's and 90's. BIG comic geek here!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have one from the 80s I really enjoy.
The question was "What if Daredevil killed the Kingpin"

It basically has Matt Murdoch going insane and then dying. Well thats the short version.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
When was growing comics were the a real source of escapism. The dudes were awesome no strangers to the gym. the dudettes were beautiful and BUILT. The all around good guy is Superman and Wonder Woman....enough said. By far the best is the Batman. If there was ever an indvidual who needed medication an a serious amount of counseling it is the Dark Knight. No powers but some very cool toys. I mention Sups and Bats because I have a question: Why do these fantastic superheros wear their underwear on the OUTSIDE of their costumes? The X-men I think could take the Fantastiv Four and match the Justice League. Outstanding in their right are Spiderman and the Green Lantern with Hawk Girl and the Flash got their stuff all together. As far as hairstyles go Dr. Charles Xavier is a Bald Man that sets the stage wherever he sends his mind............qballl

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
My favorite had to be #35, "What if Elektra had lived ?" Daredevil was always an under-rated title and Frank Miller's work is hard to beat.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Former Comic Book Geek only because they got to Expensive for me

I think they Actually need to bring back What IF they have allot more Material to work with over the years...
[Edited on 15-8-2004 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

[Edited on 15-8-2004 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What if the Avengers had found Adolf Hitler floating in suspended animation in an iceberg instead of Captain America?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What if the Hulk had stayed **Mr. Fix it** gray

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
What if the Hulk had stayed **Mr. Fix it** gray

Despite what intuition may tell us, the ink necessary to make up gray is no more economical than that necessary to make up green. It may not have helped Marvel through their period of difficulty.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Good news everyone! Marvel is putting out a new What If series starting later this year :-) Should be fun!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Lockheed that is good news

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I hope you aren't planning on hunting my avatar with your avatar Truth_Hunter... because well....

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I have one from the 80s I really enjoy.
The question was "What if Daredevil killed the Kingpin"

It basically has Matt Murdoch going insane and then dying. Well thats the short version.

That's the only one I ever bothered to buy, because I was a rabid DD fan at the time, thanks to "Born Again".

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I used to love What If, glad to hear they're bringing it back.

I can't remember the exact title but my favorite was called either What If Dracula had bitten Woverine or What if Wolverine had become Dracula.

I can't recall but basically it was Wolvie as a vampire. If you thought he was tough to kill before he was dead, he was one ruthless, un-dead som'bitch.

Snikt.

Spiderj

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I only read the what if spiderman's spider bit more than one person...and the one about the fantastic 4 having diffrent powers.....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That us Actually NOT a What IF? Anymore in one of the Fantastic 4 books Reed Swiched Johnny and Sue Storms powers.And from what I red Johnny is really in for it he was just about to be picked up by GALACTUS!!!!

top topics

join