It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon faith exposed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Google Video Link

This film is an excellent documentary of the false cult that the Mormon church represents. I would like to make it clear that just as most christians do not know who yashua ben yosef is or where je-zeus(jesus) came from or the history of their religion and how it came about or who wrote the books contained within the bible, most mormons are unaware of the foundations and true meaning of their religion.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
first and foremost , i'm not a mormon (some might want to use the same word and remove the middle m but that is fine by me

ok i've been through a bit more than half of the documentary now and i must say this smells like christian evangelical propaganda.
What makes the difference between a cult and a religion ? The number of followers ? Hasn't christianity started as a jewish cult (and became a church around the 4th century) ?
I admit that there are cults out there that have indeed been identified as dangerous. Is the mormon church a "danger" , are they "devil worshipers" ?
Quite frankly, to many people tend to use christianity and it's teachings and books as a reference to judge other beliefs.
Labeling anything that does not follow the christian dogma as devil worshiping and pagan makes my blood boil.
The use of the word pagan or heathen should be revised or maybe people should inform themselves a bit more but i'm off track now.

I do not have any particular affinity to the mormon church or any other cult but this all reminds of witch hunting.
There is probably truth behind the allegations these people make in the documentary but in the end i regard it as a gross alteration to promote yet another cult/church.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All religions are cults.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The mormons are dangerous because they want to...well...one of the presidential candidates is a mormon. I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk

ok i've been through a bit more than half of the documentary now and i must say this smells like christian evangelical propaganda.

Yeah, it is part of the renewed crusade... Demonize any and everything that isn't mainstream. I haven't watched the video and have no intention of doing so. It's just more propaganda..

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Hvitserk

Yeah, it is part of the renewed crusade... Demonize any and everything that isn't mainstream. I haven't watched the video and have no intention of doing so. It's just more propaganda..

You know its just more propaganda. Yet you have not watched it. You really are a SpeakerofTruth.
Oh and if someone worships Lucifer(not mainstream) and
I point it out, i'm demonizing them? Who is Lucifer again?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've spent a good deal of time in Salt Lake City, and i've spent a lot of time with Mormons both in SLC and elsewhere. While the origins of the Mormon faith may very well have stemmed from darker times, I would suggest that few existing religions, if any, have always been as pure as they are in modern times.

My personal experience with Mormons is that they are generous, loving, pleasant, disciplined, and god-fearing. I think it's disgusting that sects of christianity feel the need to call out other sects in an attempt to "expose" them for what they really MIGHT HAVE BEEN. I have never heard of ANY of these rituals. Infact, the only thing from this entire propaganda piece that i've actually heard of was the idea that upon death, a devout Mormon will have his own world to "God" over. I was told that by a Mormon Elder who again, was nothing but generous, pleasant, kind, all of those things christians around the world strive to be.

So what's the problem?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The paparis scrolls are the book of the dead!!!!!! mummy preparation. AGHHHHH, there is no way to read between the lines....LIES!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
The paparis scrolls are the book of the dead!!!!!! mummy preparation. AGHHHHH, there is no way to read between the lines....LIES!!!

Calm down and explain yourself.
The Cyfre mormons are not christians, mormonism is so far from christianity it's not even funny. Oh and ask a mormon about black people and their origins according to the mormon faith. Their views are in line with and perhaps even more racist than the KKK's. "They are generous, loving, pleasant, disciplined, and god-fearing" how many serial killers were deemed to be similar by their neighbors?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Mormons make me nervous. Especially now that they want a mormon president.

The Cyfre stated:My personal experience with Mormons is that they are generous, loving, pleasant, disciplined, and god-fearing

Like I said, mormons make me nervous.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Exactly we need to know more about them because Mitt Romney is a mormon and he's running for president. Maybe if someone did an expose on skull&bones before Bush became prez no one would have voted for him. Whatever religious or other affiliation a candidate has will definately affect their decision making if they become president. The prez is the most powerful man on earth and whoever is prez affects not just the USA but the world as well so as American Voters we have a duty to learn as much as we can about presidential candidates and their beliefs before we nominate them and not just let anyone waltz into such an important office. Let's learn from our mistakes, K?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
sorry double post.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The morman religion was founded after Joseph Smith " translated some paparis scrolls saying he had all these revelations. This was before egyptian hieroglyphs were readable. He said that he was told by god shortly there after to start the "true" religion. All he did was borrow from seudo christian denominations and sects like the moasons so it wouldnt be that culturally shoking. What is crazzy is that after the rosetta stone discovery he wasnt exposed, the morman folowers passed it off as faith , and insisted that the translations by scholars were not correct.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Might I recall that the mormans almost started a civil war of their own right and if it wasnt for a bad winter and the colorado mountains the federal government would have engaged mormon troops...hold on let me get the facts.

en.wikipedia.org...

for starters

www.globusz.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't find the Mormon version of Christianity any stranger or more difficult to believe than the more common variety. They're all nuts, as far as I'm concerned. Various other Christian sects can point to Mormon mythology and texts and see all kinds of contradictions and inaccuracies, yet remain strangely blind to the same in their own.

I think we should have a big Bake Sale competition to find out once and for all who God loves the most. Raisin oatmeal cookies at sunrise. Loser has to get out of town.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is why I dont trrust the morman leadership a lick. The morman people are just like everyone else, kind and good willed, doesnt excuse their leaders though. Terrible people. How can you lie to your people like that and keep a straight face. Oh I know, by not caring about them, and wasting their time.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Echoing others sentiments here - all religions are cults and as far as I am concerned the bane of human existance.

With that said Romney gives me pause because IF he an adherent to his faith, he believes that a rich old man in Salt Lake receives actual revelations from god and that anything out of this old man's mouth must be honored and carried out. Frankly, that scares the beejeezus out of me.

One of the best -seriously - presentations of the Mormons was done by South Park. They hit the church's early history right on the head. As far fetched as it sounds, Parker and Stone got it right.

South Park - Mormons

Bleys

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
The Cyfre mormons are not christians, mormonism is so far from christianity it's not even funny.

I retract my statement! They've actually got a pretty good little thing going on over here in Utah. From what i've gathered, the principle difference is that Mormons believe in the holy trinity as three separate entities, and Christianity defines it as one.

Oh and ask a mormon about black people and their origins according to the mormon faith. Their views are in line with and perhaps even more racist than the KKK's. "They are generous, loving, pleasant, disciplined, and god-fearing" how many serial killers were deemed to be similar by their neighbors?

Okay, now you're kidding me. Having spent so much time living in a predominantly Mormon society, i can tell you with confidence that their views are NOT more racist than the KKK. Outdated ideals are one thing, those exist in religions and governments throughout history. But the average Mormom is rarely different from the average Christian. They're generally good people who try to live by good ideals. Generally.

Why not elect a Mormon President? George Bush says he answers to God. Mitt Romney says he answers to God. And they both bow down to money. So what would really change?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The mormons are dangerous because they want to...well...one of the presidential candidates is a mormon. I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

Anyone who is a presidential candidate is dangerous!

How do you go through life believing some people are dangerous while others aren't? Humans are predators my friend. End of Story.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
First off let me explain that I, and my immediate family (except one) are not Mormon, however all of my cousins, uncles, aunts, and even my own sister, brother-in-law, and nephew -are- practicing "Modern-Day" Mormons. This religious propaganda video is riddled with lies and false testimony. Mormons are people that are free from sin, and do anything in their power to help, feed, cloth, and support people that are less fortunate. Many of the practices discussed in the video have not be practiced by "Modern" Mormons in decades.

That being said, I also have to bring up the fact that many if not all religions have "dark time" events in their history. Perhaps you (you meaning all readers) should look into your religious history more deeply. I suspect you will find that their are times in those histories that have also been tried to be erased from history.

In conclusion, one must realize that throughout most religions, practices change, and darker histories are "swept under the carpet."

I think the title of this thread should be changed to "All religions exposed", for that would be more towards the truth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join