It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug in NASA Climate Data?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

like always you try to dismiss facts that refute your faith.

Mann, Jones, Wang et al were good teachers to you huh?....

[edit on 11-8-2007 by Muaddib]

I will ask again, what are you talking about with faith?

Also if your going to twist peoples posts and only answer the parts that you can, at least twist the part with meaning.

So I ask again Do you think it is good to put out the following into the atmosphere. To put poison into a a place that has never expected to receive so much. Do you know for sure it can adapt?

* Hydrocarbons react with nitrogen oxides in the presence of sunlight and elevated temperatures to form ground-level ozone. It can cause eye irritation, coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath and can lead to permanent lung damage.
* Nitrogen oxides (NOx) also contribute to the formation of ozone and contribute to the formation of acid rain and to water quality problems.
* Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless_javascript:gvid()
Insert Google Video, deadly gas. It reduces the flow of oxygen in the bloodstream and can impair mental functions and visual perception. In urban areas, motor vehicles are responsible for as much as 90 percent of carbon monoxide in the air.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

I will ask again, what are you talking about with faith?

That's easy, the claim that we are the cause of the current warming is based on faith, and not on real science.

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
Also if your going to twist peoples posts and only answer the parts that you can, at least twist the part with meaning.

So I ask again Do you think it is good to put out the following into the atmosphere. To put poison into a a place that has never expected to receive so much. Do you know for sure it can adapt?

I am twisting things?... nooo, according to the AGW scientists it is CO2, or anthropogenic CO2 which is to blame for the current warming trend. They are not blaming "carbon monoxide", at least not in specific...so if anyone is twisting things it is people like yourself.

If you are going to agree and use "the scientific concensus" about what is causing the current warming on Earth, you have to agree with the scientists who claim "it is anthropogenic CO2 which is to blame", or at least that's what they used to tell us....

Let me ask you a question...if the Earth was fully covered by water, do you think that wouild be good for the environment and most lifeforms living now on Earth?....

BTW, do you know what is the bigest origin for carbon monoxide being released into the atmosphere?.... Trees, well i should say forest fires, and most forest fires are natural and not human induced. So acid rain, and most of the increase in carbon monoxide is because of forest fires....maybe we have to get rid of all trees heh?.....

Carbon Monoxide from South American Fires Blows to Australia

UTRECHT, The Netherlands, May 8, 2007 (ENS) - Much of the carbon monoxide hovering over Australia during wildfire season originated from South American wildfires some 13,000 kilometers (8,000 miles) away, scientists have determined, using satellite data. Knowledge about the global distribution of carbon monoxide is important because it affects air quality and climate.

Using data from an instrument aboard the European Space Agency’s environmental satellite Envisat, Dutch scientists witnessed large quantities of released carbon monoxide above the southern continents. They saw increased concentrations of carbon monoxide above Central Australia, a desert region that is not prone to forest fires.

Plumes of carbon monoxide signal biomass, such as trees or grass, on fire. In the southern hemisphere, incineration of biomass is the biggest source of carbon monoxide in the lower layers of the atmosphere.

www.ens-newswire.com...

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Muaddib]

<< 1   >>

join