It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Religion *is* the conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Today Religion is the conspiracy. I admit the origin of every religion is founded in the continuation of a culture. However it is this same power that religion has to inspire people to action which Leaders have latched on to in order form a cogent base of voters in democratic nations.

In communist nations, communism is the relgion.

And in Theocracies, it is the reason d'etre.

As you can see, it is the principle of belief that motives the masses, and the masses are the tools of those in power. As long as we are coerced to believe that we *must* do something because of this or that, we are tools.

As a belief system which can bring peace to peoples lives, Religions are fine. But when leaders adopt fundamentalist stances of morality in order to acquire votes, it has become the greatest weapon of mass destruction.

Do yourself a favor and rent "Jesus Camp"

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I just watched the trailer for Jesus Camp. It's sad that religious folk don't let children form their own opinions. By the time most people reach adulthood they have so many preconcieved ideas they lose their ability to truely think critically. That allows leaders to come in for an easy kill. Religion has always been and probably always will be used to control the masses.

I wouldn't say that religion is the conspiracy, just the leaders that force religion and the leaders that exploit religion for personal gain.

new topics

join