It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur, with all due respect I submit the following. While it might be probable that the screen name, age and location was spoofed, I am merely pointing out that the person in question has been less than genuine on many levels.

Tuning Spork suggested that he was in the US But for the record, Barzolff814 submitted Haiti Hoax video on YouTube on Aug 9th. Ummofriend joined ATS on Aug 15th. I distinctly recall a post by you that confirms his IP was in fact coming from France. I quoted that in one of my posts and recall checking to confirm it at that time. Oddly, as I have just read and re-read all of your posts, I cannot find that confirmation. Hmmmmmmm Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, so if I got this wrong...please forgive me. Perhaps it was another mod.

ADDED>>>This is the post where I mentioned the IP from France:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My point is simply that it was confirmed he was posting from France just 6 days after posting the YouTube video. OK, so maybe he just moved there. But why say he is from US on his YouTube page? Why lie about age?

But I am actually glad that you have popped back up on this thread as I was hoping for one little favor. You had written awhile back:

if anyone still has any doubts about this, ummo just emailed me three tga images from the original renderer without post-process (his words, none of that makes sense to me). one of the images is of the model for the ufo. I had to find software to view them. very cool stuff.

Now that this is over, could you share those with us? Is there any reason why you are unable to share them in the spirit of "debriefing" and future "debunking?" Doesn't a banned member lose all rights? Pretty please?

kind regards...kk

[edit on 31-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Now that this is over, could you share those with us? Is there any reason why you are unable to share them in the spirit of "debriefing" and future "debunking?" Doesn't a banned member lose all rights? Pretty please?

kind regards...kk

Ummofriend said he that didn't know how to upload a photo (and that my directions were a bit confusing
), so he sent them to Crakeur. Crakeur never got around to posting, or had forgotten that he was meant to, so here goes. These are the three shots, and in the words of ummofriend, "from the original renderer without post-process":

images

[edit on 31-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Wow!!!! The detail is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for posting.
I like how they are named. BTW, how did you end up with them?

Why do I feel like there will be more questions?

regards...kk

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
BTW, how did you end up with them?

Crakeur forwarded them to me in an email. He mentioned that he wasn't sure if ummofriend wanted them made public, but, according to how it all went down, ummo sent them to Crakeur in order to have them posted in this thread. Better late than never, I guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"Post processing" means that the images have been altered from the original renders(in this case the render was some type of video file). If you look at the fronds on the trees, you will see really bad, non anti-aliased leaf textures. He probably ran the video through "After Effects" or some other video software that allows motion-blur, or some type of guassian filtering to hide the very apparent CGness of the trees that are closer to the "camera". Thier texture sizes are smaller than the output of the rendered video which why it is pixelated and the ship is not.

An example would be this:
I make a tree, and I use texture maps that are 512x512(pixels).At no time can I render out a larger image than the texture sizes because they will natuarally pixelate. However some applications(not Vue6) will let you MIP map textures. MIP mapping will blur a texture that is close up so it remains smooth even if you get too close and the render size is rather large. Ever play Doom, or Quake back in the day? If so, you will have seen this in action...if you slamed you face into a wall the textures got pixelated, yet at a distance they look good because the textures are essentially being sized down, while up close they get blown out and pixelated.

I can't stress enough how much of a 3d noob this guy was, I would consider myself a amature hobbyist(7 years of doing 3d). If this dude has had his software for more than a year, he most likely won't get better with such glaring mistakes in his work(IMHO). I don't think he has the drive or talent to take his art to the next level( that of a pro). I called the app he used(Vue) on the 11th of august, and I was only semi-familiar with the software(seen hundreds of pics at renderosity.com). I never used the software, but the trees were the standard ones that everyone uses(if they cant make a tree themselves, or use the eco-systems properly). I'm sorta saddened that this guy gets so much attention just because he decided to hoax a UFO, yet I've seen, and done better myself. UFO's get way too much attention while real artists go unnoticed. It's sad.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just when I think this thread walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, I find out it actually tastes just like chicken. I mean, I see things with my one big eye. Things that occur between the confines of my browser puzzle me. I am sorry, but do the following observations make any sense?

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Crakeur never got around to posting, or had forgotten that he was meant to, so here goes.

He forwarded them to me.

Better late than never?"

How do you know what the Super Moderator might be thinking? He forwarded them to you, why? I have always noticed a certain tag-team approach between you two while reviewing this thread. I just can‘t quite put my finger on it. Are you two in cahoots? But for someone like myself, a newbie with no credibility, to be granted such an amazing wish…poof…post the visuals. I just have to wonder. I mean, I live in constant fear that my snarky mouth will get me banned, and you just go and post much sought after images like that? Without any permission or fear of consequences? Oddness?

And then a post from someone else whom I also consider quite credible:

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I can't stress enough how much of a 3d noob this guy was.…If this dude has had his software for more than a year, he most likely won't get better with such glaring mistakes in his work(IMHO). I don't think he has the drive or talent to take his art to the next level (that of a pro).

First, unless you haven’t been following this thread much lately, the hoaxer is anything but a hack. He works for a major, international production company as others have pointed out. Although I have my issues with his credibility, I did mention on a recent post “Personally, seeing all of the other amazing animation he has done leaves no doubt in my mind that he is extremely talented.” Have you seen his other work? Perhaps not 3D, but mind-blowing 2D on films and music videos. Some might say that I am defending him when it is obvious that I was quite glad that he got banned. But never did I ever think his work was sub-par. That is the irony of it all. He fooled alot of people. Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? That's my problem. He is so good, why stoop to hoaxing?

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I'm sorta saddened that this guy gets so much attention just because he decided to hoax a UFO, yet I've seen, and done better myself. UFO's get way too much attention while real artists go unnoticed. It's sad.

I am confused by the above statement. So you have “done” better? Have YOU ever hoaxed a UFO video? Supreme Oddness??

Bottom line for me. I think that there are so many plots and sub-plots and hidden alliances and hidden agendas and reasons that things happen on this this forum that I am just learning about. I mean you get a U2U from someone and form a kinship in the background, when in fact, it is all part of the game. Don’t get me wrong, I love this place and that is why I’m here.

But I am learning very quickly to not only deny ignorance, but also, to trust no one.

Always been a rebel, always been a loner. Sorry if I got OT. Flame Away....regards kk

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Fear not, kinda kurious. It's as simple as it looks. I U2U'd Crakeur when I thought I'd found the animator. I was wrong, he said, so I searched on. I then found him, and U2U'd Crakeur again and he told me I'd found the animator.

I U2U'd ummofriend to confirm that he was who we (Crakeur and I) thought he was. He confirmed that he was.

Ummofriend sent Crakeur the three images to post in this thread. Crakeur U2U'd me to ask if I'd like to see them. So I sent him my email address and he sent them to me, but stated that he wasn't sure if ummofriend wanted them made public. That's how I got the images.

I've never U2U'd Crakeur up to that point, and I haven't been in contact with him since. Our communication outside of ATS's publically viewable threads lasted about two days.

I promise there's no "tag teaming" going on.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification. I suppose I had a bout of paranoia when I posted. The pix are sure nice and I appreicate seeing them. I have followed this post from "giddy-up" to "whoa" and just attempting to cope with my boring day-to-day life now that it has been de-bunked and close to over. I look forward to future discussions and appreciate your contributions to this forum.

Now on to the New Jersey incident.

regads...kk

[edit on 3-9-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I actually sent them to spork since ummo had already been in contact with him under his real name and ummo hadn't yet said it was ok to post them to the thread - I never saw that the reason for me getting them was to post them. I was under the impression he was sending them to me to further verify what I knew and the members in the thread were still unsure of.

I've been in contact with ummo since he was banned and have not yet heard back from him since my last email but he did say he was passing thru NYC this month and would love to get together with me.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Just found this link from the LA Times which would seem to explain the legitimacy (or lack thereof) of this video:

www.latimes.com...

Includes a video of the small remote control aircraft apparently used in the UFO video.

From story:

"The 35-year-old Barzolff is a professional animator who attended one of the most prestigious art schools in France and has a decade of experience with computer graphics and commercial animation.

It took Barzolff a total of 17 hours to make both the Haiti and Dominican Republic videos. He did it all by himself using a MacBook Pro and a suite of commercially available 3-D animation programs, including Vue 6. The videos are 100% computer-generated."

Aren -

[edit on 6-9-2007 by arentol]

[edit on 6-9-2007 by arentol]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
We will soon see the "Cry Wolf" effect when the most outrageous fakes start confusing and scaring many. Now they think they can do anything just for attention and to get work.

adage.com...

I guess scum floats.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Great. Looks like a movie is being planned now.

Amazing that he created this on a MacBook Pro. No massive workstations, no giant rendering farms, just a simple laptop.... which created a sensation that garnered 4 million views.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

last I heard from David, his pc crashed and lost his files. Not sure if that includes script notes or work on the ufo videos or both.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I didn't go through this whole thread, so I don't know if the following video has been posted here. It's a video of this Haiti craft being controlled by a man at a coffee shop.

Check it out.
www.cco.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I didn't go through this whole thread, so I don't know if the following video has been posted here. It's a video of this Haiti craft being controlled by a man at a coffee shop.

ROFLMAO Thanks Impreza...I needed that.

I think we have a late entry into the caption contest. This is a sure winner.

regards...kk

[edit on 18-9-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
OK, apparently the vid and youtube page has been posted before.

(link deleted)

My Bad.

Carry on.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Wow, thanks for the link Badge01. Did anyone notice how similar the palm trees are? I dunno CGI or real? Whadda think?

regards...kk < Runs for Hills >

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Sir, I am not singling you out, but I had to click reply someplace. (Too bad for you I wasn't a Lotto ball) The overall question of the presence of intelligent extraterrestrial life is one of grave concern. People hoaxing et craft is inconscienable. When we're in the soylent green line, we'll give them cuts.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
ITS REAL!!!! ITS REAL!!! ITS REAL!!! How can I tell?!?!? IT GOES BEHIND THE TREE!!!

3D graphics!!! You can put anything anywhere. That's why it is called 3D. You can even control the sun and the moon for some very realistic looking work.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ok well i posted this elsewhere whoops
lol.

My opinion is that it looks real but fake as well. The way the the craft is flying, it's almost as though it's trying hard not to fly sideways. Now surely if they were real the "pilots" would know how to fly them properly but when it goes over the cam and starts it way into the distance it looks as though it's trying hard not to fly sideways in its trajectory lol.

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97 >>

join