It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
You people are STILL getting hoaxed by people... when will you let this end?

The UFO is fake, the people claiming to be the creators are fake. All of it is fake, and the more attention you give it, the more someone else will want to cash in on it.

Gosh, I NEVER thought I would say this but.....11 11...I missed you man. Where the heck have you been? < gives bear hug > Wish you were around last night. I barely have any fingernails left.

You were also credited as being correct about the hoaxer being among us.
You still believe that don't you?

So you think we are getting our chain yanked once again? How do you explain this:
post by Tuning Spork

At the very least, don't we agree that Ummofriend = Barzolff? Perhaps not the creator of the video hoax, but at least the same person or group who posted to YouTube account.

Also, his IP has been confirmed from France by Crakeur. Just kurios.

regards...kk

[edit on 23-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by 11 11

nobody's arguing that the ufo is fake but now you're saying that ummo is not the creator. can you explain this?

David Sarno of LA Times IS THE CREATOR. He is acting as "ummo" to use as a scape goat. All I know is this entire hoax is all from the mind of David Sarno, and I think he should be fired from his position, which is why he is coming clean because he doesn't want to loose his job! His plan might work if "ummo" was a better actor.

Look, May 5 2007.

www.calendarlive.com...

David Sarno of LA Times writes this entire piece about the quick popularity of a YouTube video, and how quickly it became known in a short amount of time. Look at the very last thing he says on this:

It's an interesting new business model: hoaxing for dollars.

I knew, with sixth senses that the hoaxer was watching this thread the entire time (and I was correct), now I know with evidence, that LADAVE1969 = Dave Sarno = hoaxer.

If someone can verify Dave Sarno's age, I'm willing to bet he was born in 1969.

Just Google "LA Times David Sarno" and look at all the web related storys he writes. It's an unmistakable "motive" for creating this entire hoax.

The next morning, with all the good leads exhausted and most hope lost, the telephone rang.

(Actually, the computer rang. The Scout uses Skype.)

It was a woman named Sam. From Corsica. "Hello," she said. "I am calling on behalf of barzolff814."

Barzolff814? Why, he was the person who had posted the No. 1 Haiti video!

Barzolff, Sam said, wished to remain anonymous, but he was prepared to share the full story of the videos. I agreed not to reveal his real name.

Am I the only one that thinks that is an insane coincidence that he just got some random call from a woman, anonymously?

I have a hard time believing a "professional" did this video series, to many mistakes in the videos. The videos aren't even good!! Yet some still say he should work in Hollywood LOL. If you people think these videos are Hollywood material then damn I wonder what you would say to some REAL CGI work. I just know a professional wouldn't be lazy and use Vue 6 software, this guy was amateur at best.

p.s. be prepared for the persistent denier.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Okay, well, after several hours of searching, I managed to find the exact location where filming of the "naughty grannies" video took place.

The scene in the video is indeed, Paris France. In particular, it is across the street from the Gare de Lyon railway station. If I had to guess, from the maps I'm looking at, I'd say it was at the corner of Boulevard Diderot and Rue Michel Chasles.

I have absolutely no idea how that might be of help to anyone, but I saw the clock tower in the background of the video and decided to try to find it. Find it I have.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Apparently it’s not the first you tube hoax David Sarno has uncovered
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
By the way, there's a "David Sarno" with two credits listed to his name on IMDb.com. One credit is for directing, the other is for editing.

I asked Mr. Sarno of the LA Times via e-mail if he was the same David Sarno from IMDb, but his reply did not contain an answer.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
11:11,

perhaps you didn't read the article close enough:

The best idea, then, was to contact the posters of several of the earliest "UFO Haiti" videos, including barzolff814, whose 2.2 million-view video was listed as the fourth to be posted under that name.

it is not an out of the blue call but, rather, someone returning the initial attempt at contact.

what would be more pressing would be to ask who the first three to post the video were and why was barzolff 4th to post and, perhaps, what ever happened with the three others? did they respond as well?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When you are in contact with them and have seen their ships land in front of you, you know it is real and that they can be mean and torture you with implants and cellular waves...Those 2 ships looked like drones to me though...not much room for a crew in there...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When you are in contact with them and have seen their ships land in front of you, you know it is real and that they can be mean and torture you with implants and cellular waves...Those 2 ships looked like drones to me though...not much room for a crew in there...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

David Sarno of LA Times IS THE CREATOR. He is acting as "ummo" to use as a scape goat. All I know is this entire hoax is all from the mind of David Sarno, and I think he should be fired from his position, which is why he is coming clean because he doesn't want to loose his job! His plan might work if "ummo" was a better actor.

Look, May 5 2007.

www.calendarlive.com...

Just Google "LA Times David Sarno" and look at all the web related storys he writes. It's an unmistakable "motive" for creating this entire hoax.

Actually I looked at the LA Times and he does articles under WEB SCOUT. Where you are seeing conspiracies, and interesting coinsedences on what he covers, I see it as part of his job, his beat if you will is covering the web.

Of corse if you could provide more facts than hypothosis I might be convenced.

The fact that the Granny video was done within a week in France, tends me to believe the facts as presented so far.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Barzolff, Sam said, wished to remain anonymous, but he was prepared to share the full story of the videos. I agreed not to reveal his real name.

If "Barzolff" wished to "remain anonymous", then why did he give his name to the LA Times?? Or did he give his name to the LA Times?

It's fishy. No doubt.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If you have Google Earth, I've created a landmark where you can view the location and position of the "naughty grannies" video shoot.

Google Earth landmark

Hope that works.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torlough

Look, May 5 2007.
www.calendarlive.com...

Actually I looked at the LA Times and he does articles under WEB SCOUT. Where you are seeing conspiracies, and interesting coinsedences on what he covers, I see it as part of his job, his beat if you will is covering the web.

What does that have to do with the fact that on May 5 2007 David Sarno was writing about how "hoaxing for money" is an "interesting business plan". Also, how easy it is to get hits on YouTube. Plus the fact that the Dominican ufo was submitted by LADAVE1969. LA Times David Sarno, LADAVE. It's only a perfect motivation.

Just read the link I posted, he even talks about people buying the domain name rights for a hoax, to make money. Thats happened with this hoax, Isaac hoax, and probably many other hoax's. They create the hoax, then someone goes and creates a website dedicated to it, with Google adsense links spammed all over it.

If you want a motive, money is it.

The fact that the Granny video was done within a week in France, tends me to believe the facts as presented so far.

Anyone can visit France, just like anyone can go to school in France.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 11 11

they never mention his name. they mention the producer and the production company he is working with but that's it.

reread the article again.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Anyone can visit France, just like anyone can go to school in France.

Not to mention that the CGI could have been done in an entirely different location. The live action is from Paris. That's all I can attest to. But we have no reason to believe that the person holding the camera is the same person who did the CGI. Nor do we have any reason to believe that either of them are the same person that is/was posting here.

Others are apparently saying (with some certainty, no doubt) that ummofriend posted from France.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by BlackedOut]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by 11 11

they never mention his name. they mention the producer and the production company he is working with but that's it.

reread the article again.

I read it. I know that they never mention his name, but why would a girl named "Sam" call on behalf of Barzolf, and mention anonymity, only to give away the place he works, and his name (over the phone)?

They don't mention the name in the article, but David claims they told him his name (over the phone), and won't tell anyone.

If David truly wants to save his butt, he will give us the name of the guy.

Till then, it is completely plausible that LADAVE1969 is David from LA Times, and the reason he posted the videos under different names like "Barzolf" is because he wanted to make it appear the UFO was from different sources. JUST LIKE THE C2C DRONE.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackedOut
Others are apparently saying (with some certainty, no doubt) that ummofriend posted from France.

I can easily obtain and use an IP address from any country that I want. It's called a proxy. I can find thousands of list's that you can never trace to know if it is a proxy or not, and I can pick from any country in the world pretty much. Actually Brazil proxies are the fastest I have used.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackedOut

I believe ATS has pegged the IP address to France, which would pretty well clinch it unless some very sophisticated spoofing was involved.

Although ummofriend hasn't been here since last night, why is he not completely banned? What is the point now? We've had endless CGI discussions that many people pegged as fake days ago. Must we endure more dissection of this point? It's an admitted fake. Motivations? He already talked about that. "I'm cool; look what I did. Zowee!" What more is to be said? The guy came onto this thread and pimped his own creation, attempting to push the thread in the direction that it was real - which did not work.

Perhaps there is more to say here. After all, we have had a hoax within a hoax as whats-his-face claimed to be a part of a group that did it and is already banned. Mayeb there is something to LADave--maybe not. None of this requires the presence of ummofriend. I'm not exactly a fan of banning, but I hope it is consistently applied.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I see your point, but it's probably moot. I personally don't expect ummofriend to be back here again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
While I disagree with my homie 11 11 that the videos are terrible and amateur, I agree that there is something fishy here. The hoaxer was posting on this board under a different name. The LA times article quotes this board. Now, I found it by doing a google search so it's plausible that the reporter did the same. But, when you add in the fact that the first video was posted by LADAVE, we start to see something a bit out of the ordinary.

So, we have a LA Times reporter who does stories about viral videos and hoaxes. Wanting to make one himself, he looks through youtube and finds the Paris UFO video. He contacts that artist and cooks up a scheme to make new videos to post and make money from. The artist is in France, but its never his idea. It's orchestrated by a man who sees the value and has watched others pull off similar tricks for money.

What is further disturbing is the fact that this board, all of us, have provided both of them with the blueprint to do something bigger and better. The cgi artist in his earlier post stated that perhaps the animator left clues so we could find them (i.e. similar palm trees etc.). More importantly, it was a test of the skills of the debunking community. That article established this website as a credible source of ufologists.

So, in a few weeks or months, they create another video. This time they follow all of the rules that we have set up for them. Better audio, other witnesses, better cgi. The same thing will happen. We will attempt to debunk it, but it will be much more difficult. When the youtube views hit 3 or 4 million, the LA Times intrepid reporter will do a story on it. This time there will be no random phone call from France. This time, the above top secret message board won't have a smoking gun. In addition to a few google ad websites, these folks will have an hour long special on FOX narrated by Jonathan Frakes.

Hmmmm. I think we need to figure out of David Sarno has posted on this board as someone else as well. And if he does show up in the near future, we need to check out that IP against other posters.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Um. Crackeur, perhaps you didn't read the article close enough:

11:11,

perhaps you didn't read the article close enough:

The best idea, then, was to contact the posters of several of the earliest "UFO Haiti" videos, including barzolff814, whose 2.2 million-view video was listed as the fourth to be posted under that name.

what would be more pressing would be to ask who the first three to post the video were and why was barzolff 4th to post and, perhaps, what ever happened with the three others? did they respond as well?

The article says that the Haiti UFO video was the fourth video posted to YouTube by Barzolff814, not that Barzolff's was the fourth posting of the Haiti UFO video.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join