It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ummofriend
reply to post by kinda kurious

getting help to communicate is bluffing?

For the most part, I think we all believe that when we are "communicating" with one another person that we are truly speaking one-on-one.

I merely pointed out that YOU are "communicating" through an interpreter.

Like others, I would simply like to see some Vue6 GUI (Graphical User Interface) frame grabs....or background plates. Perhaps you could simply upload those for us. Footnote, anyone who could create a UFO of the epic preportions as you have could EASILY figure out the rudimentary mechanisms of this forum. i.e. upload a still image??????

regards....kk

[edit on 22-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ummofriend
I'm not going to rob first time viewers of the pleasure of dicovery because a handful are indignant.

Also, how dare you say that. You robbed everyone of something when you put those videos out there, over 2 million people now to be exact. Why should this time be any different or why should you worry about robbing them of something even further by simply putting "THIS IS A HOAX" in the video description? Fact is you robbed certain people, whether it be five, ten, fifty or over a hundred people, of their hopes and beliefs, and you robbed EVERYONE of those 2 and half million people of 22 seconds of their life for even giving the video the time of day in the first place.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Storm

I see Ummofriend's point. When i first saw it i had this "whoa!" feeling.
I have to admit I liked the disturbed, whatever you want to call it feeling i got the first time i saw it. If the title said "hoax" on it I wouldn't have had that feeling.

I agree you can't trust images as evidence.

I watched it many times because I am a multimedia / art person and am always analyzing great work by others. By doing so, I quickly realized it was fake.

For those people who cannot realize something is fake, then that is their own problem if they choose to believe it is real and not remain skeptical. in my opinion.

What bothers me about a HOAXER is when they come out with books and crap for profit. Even Art Bell did that.. he would pretend some hoaxers BS was the real deal and help peddle the hoaxers garbage. "buy my book and i'll tell you all about my terrifying encounter.. I'll throw in some more photos too."

Ummofriend :

did you post the paris ufo knowing that it clips through the buildings at the end just to see if anyone would notice? I'd be surprised if you didnt catch that after renderinig it.

Same on the haiti video with the lights glitching.. did you catch that and were just too lazy to rerender those frame?

I would like to see your videos/stills in hi-rez as well as any project files you may be willing to part with. It seems so wasteful to only have the crude youtube videos to look at after you put so much work into it.

you used 3ds max and vue6?
not modo or lightwave?

I assume you were rebooting into Windows on your intel macbook quite alot

---

PS: speaking of Santa, When I was a kid my dad planted an elves hat in our yard and made a loud stomping sound on the roof and knocked a chair over, before the front gate slammed shut.

as i ran out i found the hat. it said "captain" on it. i was convinced santa came to my house and an elf dropped a hat.

I'm glad I have that memory.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by sideburn]

[edit on 22-8-2007 by sideburn]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, if all of this information is true and valid, I will be the first to admit I was a bit off about how this video was created. I wish I had this guy doing my effects for my films. Then, perhaps, I wouldn't have so many negative comments on my films' IMDB pages!

But, this whole thing still feels like a bigger performance art/experiment kinda thing. It's just weird that the video was posted by a game named LA Dave and the LA Times reporter is named Dave. It's weird that the hoaxer would come onto this site and post the things that he did before we knew who he was. His communication with this board has been weird.

I don't doubt that he made the videos or posted them. The whole thing is just really strange and it seems to me like there are a bunch of little details and facts thrown about that are intended to get a bunch of UFO/conspiracy enthusiasts into a tizzy. Even his little video from yesterday is a strange way to reveal himself.

I don't think we've heard the last of this hoax. I expect some other weird posting or weird video to show up in the near future.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Btw Ummo don't get me wrong , i don't have your know how on graphics but do understand that you feel proud in a sense of what you achieved ..that by your talent you had people around the world stunned ,confused ..skeptics running searching for every clue..well admittedly i myself checked out locations/population of area ,studied all i can handle on VUE 6 ..in general you had me going that this could be real and wow.

Maybe your "project" turned out bigger ..well much bigger that you expected with serious & not serious affects putting you in a corner to see how far it would go ,then seeing reactions you "turned" yourself in which was good imo ,but also not quick enough to save some peoples general thoughts / feelings towards the the idea of "Is There Life Out There".

Skeptics of note have become way more skeptical ,people who believed there could be ET life have no idea anymore ..just in general by reading replies and thoughts on this subject.In a sense your hoax took something away from believers and that hurt some.People differ ,the thick skinned just got an extra skin and so believers will become harder on future sightings.

It was in a sense too good for some in a good way or bad way that is up to individuals ,for me as i have seen strange lights with my own eyes before know there is "ufo's" be it man made or alien i cannot say but i have never seen such aircrafts or know about them.

To be honest my wife asked me when i watched yours if i now truly believe and my answer was if it is real it is humans flying those not ET's ,why i don't know you almost had me convinced some pilots were really testing new crafts & human reaction..so i was caught by your hoax for a period.

All i want to know what happens if the real thing happens ..not over a major city but on a similar location as yours and a person takes a DV and there are witnesses (same as the Haitian who is on youtube with a 10min witness video) ..who will believe non hoaxers & the real deal ,will that truth we lost cost us because people (hoaxers like you) took things to the limit ..when we went to watch ID4 in the 90's we knew it was a movie ,nowadays it looks like we will not be able to tell fact from fiction or maybe only realize fact 2 weeks too late.

Great job ,very well done yes ,you should be working in a studio not on youtube ..i mean this in a good way ..or at least give people a hoax warning or a "look at my new animation" ..you get what i am saying ..good job,great work ..wrong crowd to a level.

Now i am out ,cheers.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well it's approaching 1:30 AM in my part of the world (U.S. - Central Time Zone), which means that it's morning-time in France, where our hoaxer friend claims to live.

So I post these questions in the hope that they may elicit a response.

Questions for ummofriend/barzolff814/ladave1969:

1. Did you create the recent UFO videos 100% by yourself? If not, please name/describe your co-workers.

2. Do you, or have you, work(ed) for/with Buzz Image Group?

3. How did you come to find out that David Sarno of the LA Times was looking for you?

4. Are you, in fact, David Sarno?

5. How many other "hoaxes" have you been involved in? Please name and link to them.

6. How many YouTube accounts do you hold? Please name them.

7. How many accounts on ATS do you hold? Please name them.

8. What is your connection to/fascination with "Number Six?"

9. Based on your experience with CGI, can any UFO film/video be trusted at all?

10. Based on your experience with CGI, can any historical film/video be trusted at all?

11. Lastly, since you're now an "internet celebrity," would you care to simply go on the record with your full, real name? Perhaps post your resume?

Thank you for your cooperation.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[edit on 23-8-2007 by BlackedOut]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackedOut
1. Did you create the recent UFO videos 100% by yourself? If not, please name/describe your co-workers.
2. Do you, or have you, work(ed) for/with Buzz Image Group?
3. How did you come to find out that David Sarno of the LA Times was looking for you?
4. Are you, in fact, David Sarno?
5. How many other "hoaxes" have you been involved in? Please name and link to them.
6. How many YouTube accounts do you hold? Please name them.
7. How many accounts on ATS do you hold? Please name them.
8. What is your connection to/fascination with "Number Six?"
10. Based on your experience with CGI, can any historical film/video be trusted at all?
11. Lastly, since you're now an "internet celebrity," would you care to simply go on the record with your full, real name? Perhaps post your resume?

please note that the author of the LA Times piece explains how he finally got in contact with Barzloff and they are not the same person. Ummofriend is posting from France. Any requests for his name or the names of his co-creators are unwarranted and ummo need not answer that. The point of a username is to protect your identity (and in some cases to give yourself a cool name that makes your life seem more exciting) and, as such, our members will not demand that anyone else provide their name, address etc.

Direct questions to the work, the videos, the fallout etc but do not delve into the personal lives of the members.

now back to the q&a

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

garder qqch pour la bonne bouche = to save the best for last

OK, this may perhaps be an older expression. But from the looks of above, we are dealing with a VERY young crowd.

French is my first language and I am not very young. I have never heard that expression in my life...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OK I have a few questins on the Subject of "Perfect Hoax"

Ummofriend do you think the best UFO hoax ever, surpasing this one, and one that will probably never be equalled is Orson G. Wells War of the Worlds?

oh and Ummofriend did you use 35 Max for the craft and Vue 6 for the animation, background.

No lightwave???

finally take all the criticism/slander toward what you did witha grain of salt - people who pull off hoaxes are evil and will destroy any believe in UFO's and Extaterestrial life. Since there have been ufo sightings there have been people hoaxing, Orson Wells didn't not crush everyones belief in UFO's when he first did his radio play. In fact I think quit the opposite, he got people who never thought of the idea to look into the sky and wonder.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Torlough]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torlough
oh and Ummofriend did you use 35 Max for the craft and Vue 6 for the animation, background.

No lightwave???

I think he translated an object from 3DStudio to Lightwave format. Would explain why the object has no bitmap texturing on it - grey is the default "surface" for any object that has no surfacing information.

With enough detail (which that model apparently has) you can get away with no surfacing and still have it look good.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beverins

I think he translated an object from 3DStudio to Lightwave format.

Oh so he made the craft in 3D Max and exported it as a lightwave file, am I understanding you correctly.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not directed at me, but I can help to answer this one I think.

For both questions, I can say that yes videos CAN be trusted. However, it will take a very savvy person, well skilled in how renders are put together to discern fake from fact in the coming decades.

CGI technology - and the artists that use them - are getting better all the time. This is a fact. What was deemed visually impossible to generate in a computer 2 years ago, we are now seeing on consumer desktops at prices that would have also been deemed impossible. Also, the computers themselves are becoming more and more powerful. 2 years ago, people had single-core machines - now a quad-core machine is "de rigeur". If you have enough space and cash why not go for an octa-core or higher? The Mac Pro has an octa-core version, and there is at least one PC manufacturer called BoxxTech that offer a 32-core machine for 3D desktop work and rendering - will be cheap in 3 years.

Unfortunately this means its going to get harder and harder. I feel that with today's tech there is still SOMETHING about shooting a REAL object in your camera vs. rendering one that can tip off a clued-in observer to the image being fact or fake. However, there are up-and-coming technologies that will make this harder.

Witness a program called Maxwell Render - Maxwell Render HomePage which comes from a company called NextLimit. What this program does is simulate light. Not faking it like all the other 3D programs do (including Vue) but it actually simulates the electromagnetic spectrum of visible light. Right now, this program is ACHINGLY SLOW. Even a quadcore can't cut the mustard when it comes to making an animation with this... Here's their Demo Reel - you tell ME what you think looks fake Maxwell Demo Reel
But, as computers get faster... and as Nextlimit and other companies improve their speed, I predict in 3 years light-simulation rendering will be fast and cheap. No longer will artists have to artfully fake lighting to match real-world conditions - this program simulates real-world conditions...

AS for historical UFO imagery - I think those can be trusted a bit more, unless someone "reveals" a picture that he says is from the past, but was "hidden away" for decades.

As for how to tell if its a fake or fact, for someone who doesn't want to keep up-to-the-minute on the latest computer graphics innovations? Well, I think one has to use common sense. An artist cannot account for everything. let's treat the Haiti video as real one last time..

1) palm trees. not just similar. Not just "the same". IDENTICAL CLONES. terminology and language are very important here. Not "look the same". They ARE the same.
2) cameraman is remarkably calm about the whole thing. Not only that, the cameraman is able to keep the UFO centered in frame as it flies over his head. Easy to say "yeah, I can do that" until you see this low flying thing coming right at you..
3) No sun. Where's the sun, behind the camera? No glints of light betraying this. Sky is also too smooth. Reality isn't like that.
4) render flicker on the frontward light globe.
5) where are all the people running around screaming? Haiti is not sparsely populated.
6) UFOs flying like terrestrial aircraft. Looks cool, but, well...

What I can recommend is keep your eyes open and look at imaging tech. Try some of the programs yourself. Get used to doing a hoax yourself and you will be better armed when someone tries to pull a hoax on you. Get a 30 day demo of Vue to start with and see what you can make.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by beverins]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Oh so he made the craft in 3D Max and exported it as a lightwave file, am I understanding you correctly.

I think he said he downloaded the object earlier in the thread? He might have made it in 3D studio too, I think only he can clear that up if he decides to come back to post later today.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ummofriend, >
It was i who posted your first video on ATS and you got me - i believed it was some sort of hot air balloon contest.
My question is: why did you put that strange craft (the first one) in there, the one that looked nothing like the hight tech craft that's also in the Granny Video?
Why didnt you just focus on one type of craft?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
just found a great top-ten on how to debunk - dunno if its been posted here before.

Maybe Springer or some other mod wants to make this a sticky LOL

maximilion.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If this is considered spamming, let me know. I just wanted to share some objects I found on www.turbosquid.com, a respository of 3D objects for purchase. I haven't managed to find his exact object, but its really not hard to "kitbash" a few of these. Some of them are a bit expensive, but there are other sites with similar objects that are free.

Ufo 01
ufo remodeled from Close Encounters
ufo "mothership"
mothership 02
old spacestation
Foo Fighter
spaceship engine module

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You people are STILL getting hoaxed by people... when will you let this end?

The UFO is fake, the people claiming to be the creators are fake. All of it is fake, and the more attention you give it, the more someone else will want to cash in on it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 11 11

That's definitely a possibility.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXBlackedOutXXXXXXXXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 11 11

nobody's arguing that the ufo is fake but now you're saying that ummo is not the creator. can you explain this?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
You people are STILL getting hoaxed by people... when will you let this end?

The UFO is fake, the people claiming to be the creators are fake. All of it is fake, and the more attention you give it, the more someone else will want to cash in on it.

I think whoever this Barz fellow is, he's telling the truth. He likes his mysteries, but I think he's the real deal, at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join