It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
That video just 100% put it as a hoax for me...

Everything sounds like it was put in, since the first video was just the gasp, How would you somehow get the sound of everyone else chiming in. It all had to have been implanted as internos stated.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OK here is a theory, I first saw a link to this video on an xbox 360 forum. The poster thaought it might be a viral marketing campaign for Halo 3.

Another poster thought it was for the Movie Cloverfield.

I know that there is a ARG going for Halo 3 called the Iris.

Anyhow I digress, looking for the truth about the video I found thi thread. After reading the posts here and that all things will be revealed friday, I started to wonder. Bungie does a weekly update on Friday, the company loves using rumors and viral marketing for it's products. Now I am back to thinking it might be a halo 3 viral marketing campaign.

What do you think am I way off base?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Someone has added some sound effects to the video, and created a search arbitrage site.
www.haitiufosite.com...

This is starting to remind me of www.isaaccaret.com now... what makes me really sick is going to that web page to see google adsense ads. Everyone is trying to cash in on this crap and its pathetic. It's only going to get worse too, because people are going to see how fast these stupid hoax's spread and try to mimic it....

..so i think this is only the beginning. The more flaws we point out in these hoaxs, the better the next one will be. If the populous wasn't so easly controlled by these hoax's this wouldn't be a problem. But the way it looks, the sheep out number the dogs.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torlough
OK here is a theory, I first saw a link to this video on an xbox 360 forum. The poster thaought it might be a viral marketing campaign for Halo 3.

Another poster thought it was for the Movie Cloverfield.

I know that there is a ARG going for Halo 3 called the Iris.

Anyhow I digress, looking for the truth about the video I found thi thread. After reading the posts here and that all things will be revealed friday, I started to wonder. Bungie does a weekly update on Friday, the company loves using rumors and viral marketing for it's products. Now I am back to thinking it might be a halo 3 viral marketing campaign.

What do you think am I way off base?

Maybe you're right, i have no idea about it, but what you say is enough logical. But so far, in facts, it has been a viral marketing campaign by which earns benefits just Eon software.
Moreover, on the promotional video of vue 6, there is a scene with palm trees, and another one with a flying saucer! Of course it's happened casually....I'm not blaming anyone, that's the last thing i'd do.

[edit on 15/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by leviterande

However, being a CG editor/director artist myself I will tell you that none of the hollywood movies not even transformers is good as this, not only the amazing graphics but to synchronize the motion of the real camera with the motion of the cg camera, that is even by the most expensive BOUJOU tracking software very very diffecult, and the even more crazy thing I will tell you is that they zoomed in too, do you peoble know how diffecult it is to do that, if not impossible, to zoom in and mix 3d object with it while it is shaken, i wish they used this technology in movies

I hate to tell ya but they do use these in movies all the time. And it really isn't that hard to do in Boujou either. What boujou and matchmover do is to analyze pixels in the imagery you give it. The degree of accuracy is determined by how accurately you place the points. Boujou in particular does an excellent job automatically and then allows you to fine tune the pixel tracking. These sort of trackers, though, do fail. Some shots are just too hard to track automatically, and the time investment for people getting paid and on a deadline is not worth it. However, to make a 30 second clip, a person can easily spend 3-4 hours a day or more (some computer people are VERY VERY dedicated and just sit there in front of their screen for hours every day - I'm one of them! ) tweaking a 30 second clip until it looks perfect.

I think you would be completely surprised by how much 3D is used in movies since 1990, and how much if it you never notice, and completely trust that it is reality you are looking at. Indeed, one of the mantras of people who do 3D animation work like this is "if the people think its real, and do not notice what we did, then it is a job well done"

Doing CG myself, I don't say its easy. The guy who did the Haiti video is a very dedicated artist. And to be honest - think about it. By releasing such a nice hoax, he's gotten over 1 million views and that's just on Youtube. Is also been crosslinked to Google Video, Liveleak and a bunch of others. You said its even in your newspaper! It was on Attack of the Show. If he had posted it as a demo reel in Film and Animation category on Youtube, it would have like 400 views and nobody would be talking about it. I think the artist is pretty damn chuffed about his work now, a huge ego boost that he's managed to fool even 1/4 of the people who've watched this video.

And yeah, you're right. He can get a job with this. He wouldn't be able to, though, if it hadn't been posted as "real". Think about that too.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Unless Bungie "reveals" the truth with a longer video on Friday?

Who knows rigt but sometimes the speculation is fun.

BTW I never thought it as anything but an extremely well done CGI. Mainly because people were not oin either video.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by evolve

I made this with a few clicks in Vue 6 for a quick and dirty render. The more time you spend creating something like this, the more realistic it will look.

Not too bad - but I'm still inclined to go with the hand-held cam therory myself still.

J.

Well, the organic motion of the CG cam looks handheld.

With some planning, its really not that hard to do (yes, you do need the software and how to use it).

What you do is film something. Transfer that video as frames into your matchmoving application. Have it calculate the motion, and tell the matchmoving software that the camera is what is moving and the scene is what is still. Tweak if needed.

What you end up with is a "baked" camera. Baking is the process by which each frame is given a precise coordinate. Essentially, the software gives the CG camera a keyframe on every single frame.

Once that's done, you are free to animate whatever you want to do. You don't even need the video anymore. All you need to do is animate while looking through your "baked" camera. Transferring the camera motion data to different programs is very easy, and you can import camera data to Vue.

Imagineer Systems Demoreels These are links to a software used for image replacement. No arcane magic is needed to learn these programs, and the company would probably be happy to give out a 30 day demo. At any rate, watch these videos and see how flawless some of these tracking and rendering composites are.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Unless Bungie "reveals" the truth with a longer video on Friday?

Who knows rigt but sometimes the speculation is fun.

BTW I never thought it as anything but an extremely well done CGI. Mainly because people were not oin either video.

Personally I don't see why everyone is "waiting till friday". We already know its a hoax.. we have proved it. We should just turn our heads and ignore whatever the crap they have to say about it on friday. I know I wont give them the time of day.

Also, I don't understand why people think this video is such good work. Its actually completely sloppy. I can't even believe they used a default environment on the Dominican one... these are definitely amateurs.

Originally posted by beverins
Well, the organic motion of the CG cam looks handheld.

There are MANY ways they could have done this. One of which include displaying their CGI render on a plasma screen and filming the screen with a real video camera... then when you compress the quality down, you don't even notice it was filmed off of a screen.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Now, everyone is trying to ride this "winning horse", someone by letting us believe that this is his viral campaign marketing, someone else by making a web page almost full of google ads, someone else manufactoring t-shirts, etcetera ...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

you dont get my point here beverins, what i mean is if artist can do such amazing realistisc RENDERING even in a 5 second short clip, then why there are no super realistic scenes in movies, I guess your are wrong saying that I have been fooled by some cg scenes since 1990, but no actually I believ that are super bad and are very very obvius to me that tehy are fake and the worst cg evere is Godzilla and yet they showed you very fast glimpses!!! and I can see very very clearly they are very fake in (altoug maybe 2 or 4 seconds short clips) every damn movie I have ever seen,,

anyway hell what it could be a clip a cg made with latest computers, not impossible at all, I just wonder why media peoble in movie busness are so bad..

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Now, everyone is trying to ride this "winning horse", someone by letting us believe that this is his viral campaign marketing, someone else by making a web page almost full of google ads, someone else manufactoring t-shirts, etcetera ...

Just to be clear the "viral" campaigns I mentioned are speculation only, I have no idea and no where has there been anyone that have claimed to be "in the know" to say it is a viral campaign it is MY OPINION only.

As far as a web page that is just a rip off to profit.
as for what 11 11 said.

If it is so amaturish and sloppy then why don't you make one and prove how easy it is.

as far as waiting untill friday I never thought of it as real and would love to know the source and reason behind it. No video will ever be conclusive proof of UFO for anyone, you either believe or not.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Torlough]

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Torlough]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Just to be clear the "viral" campaigns I mentioned are speculation only, I have no idea and no where has there been anyone that have claimed to be "in the know" to say it is a viral campaign it is MY OPINION only.

As far as a web page that is just a rip off to profit.
It was already clear. I was talking about WHO produces Halo, for example: they already knows that many people is claiming is a viral camapaign marketing for Halo 3, (if you see the comments on youtube, many people claims it or cloverfield) also, for them is easy to make a press release in which to say "we are not involved in this". They doesn't do so, and it means, in my opinion, the're riding a winnig horse.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hi all,

I've just read all 71 pages of this debate. One thing keeps nagging at me.
Don't you find it a bit suspicious
a) that so much talent was deployed to make one of the best fake ufo sightings ever for no apparent economic (I don't buy the viral marketing theory) reason?
b) that all this effort was made only to be immediately undeniably debunked because a crude and flagrant "mistake" no self-respecting CGI guy would ever allow himself to make?
It seems obvious whoever did this wanted us to find them out.
It's like a game and we're behaving like tamed little boys and girls finding the clues exactly when expected to.
The effect of this clip is manyfold.
First effect will be to instill doubt in the face of further video-recorded sightings, no matter how real they may seem, which is in my opinion a good thing.
Second, by putting forward mainstream CGI software that allow for the creation of hyper realistic footage, authentic footage will now be drowned in the soon-to-come flood of amateur fake clips.
To me this smacks of preemptive debunking for potential genuine encounters, which are probably near if we're witnessing so much effort to discredit it.
What we should be trying to figure out is why it's been so easy?
Why would someone deploy such perfection and then commit such an amateurish blunder? It doesn't make sense except if you envisage that this was done on purpose and this is all unfolding as planned.
Remember, the boy who cried wolf did get eaten in the end and amongst all these hoaxes will we recognize the real ones?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, I dunno these look pretty realistic to me, dude. :-)

www.newtek.com...

newtek-europe.com...

newtek-europe.com...

So I dunno. The UFO has no traits that make it more exceptional than any of these renders. I dunno

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

They doesn't do so, and it means, in my opinion, the're riding a winnig horse.

OK gotcha :-) Thought you might have thought I was quoting for an official source.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by leviterande

you dont get my point here beverins, what i mean is if artist can do such amazing realistisc RENDERING even in a 5 second short clip, then why there are no super realistic scenes in movies, I guess your are wrong saying that I have been fooled by some cg scenes since 1990, but no actually I believ that are super bad and are very very obvius to me that tehy are fake and the worst cg evere is Godzilla and yet they showed you very fast glimpses!!! and I can see very very clearly they are very fake in (altoug maybe 2 or 4 seconds short clips) every damn movie I have ever seen,,

anyway hell what it could be a clip a cg made with latest computers, not impossible at all, I just wonder why media peoble in movie busness are so bad..

I don't think you get out much. Or when you do go to a movie, you already realize you are watching a movie, and there is nothing to make you think that it is even remotely real.

I remember when I was a kid and saw V for the first time. Those landing craft looked real enough to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nuff sed I was wrong about it. I wasted a lot of time researching all the aspects of the video and such only to be PROVEN false. So I apologize for all the actions I have undertaken about this.

Sigh….this really makes me not want to research anything again.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
Nuff sed I was wrong about it. I wasted a lot of time researching all the aspects of the video and such only to be PROVEN false. So I apologize for all the actions I have undertaken about this.

Sigh….this really makes me not want to research anything again.

I would say don't be depressed about it. Just look at things with an open mind, both ways. Open mind doesn't mean "believer". Open Mind means that you are willing to believe but you have to look at in what way it could be faked. Very useful skills; don't think that it was a waste of time, think of it as "XP" videogame experience points.

I suppose I'll just come out and say I am a believer myself. I accept as fact that there are other intelligent lifeforms out there in the universe, and I also accept that chances are they have (and continue to) visit us. I cannot dismiss the personal experiences of abductees, and there is just too much in this universe that is unknown to us. I mean, comon, we are still discovering new species of life on THIS planet!

Having said that, I have never personally either seen or photographed a UFO. I also believe in ghosts and spirits. Haven't seen a one of those either. Even after I spook myself out by watching all 3 seasons of "Ghost Hunters" in one week (vacation), I STILL do not see ANYthing even remotely ghostlike. I look in the sky, and everytime I see something curious... well, I go "wow! UFO?" and then after about 1/2 a second I've got the object sussed out. I've never been blessed with some of the tales (or authentic looking images) of some strange airship hovering over my car or house or something.

When I first clicked on the Haiti Ufo video, I was hoping this was a real thing. The minute the ship appeared I knew it was a CG ship. I marveled, however, after repeated views at the nice rendering, lighting, and focus.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Well after SERPO and this hoax seing the behaviour of the members i think its time I called goodbye

Its sad - when I joined we had an attitude of "Deny ignorance" now that seems lost id a load of backbiteing

I have no time for this - i actually have a life

Sorry guys but getting excited about so called hoaxes leaves me cold

So long

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I agree, people like 11 11 and many others have already provided enough proof that this is a hoax. I think its time we all looked at other things. Why wait for this 'mystery' person to bring this evidence forward on Friday? Most of us already know its a hoax so I dont see the point in it and dont think this person is going to show us anything anyway, and even if they do it will just confirm what most people here thought here almost from the start.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 15-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join