It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Yea, HD is so awsum at the moment, god id love to see something like this but real, like the shadow of a conspiracy being over turned, it would be so kool, it would be all over the media, and the government would be ashamed, either a ET or a government aircraft.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

As the craft exits in this video, a bunch of lights come out of where, and the person decides to stop recording in the middle of the event.
thats a big clue

If i were taking video of a UFO, i dont think i would be recording for just a few seconds, but rather take a lot of photoage, even interviewing people areound after the object has disaperaed from view.

I think this is all to common mistake.

"When the evidence in question is not done how I would have done it. It must be fake."

This in my personal opinion is not a healthy rational.

" It's too shaky. "

" It's too still. "

" It's too blurry

" It's too clear " Yes I have read complaints about images being to clear.

I'm sorry if I sounding like a smug git. But all the above phrases in quotes have become rather old in the debunking arena.

And I apologize to TKainZero. I am not trying to insult you or be rude in any manner.

But its just like I said. The whole " I would have done it different so it must be a hoax. " Debunking method is just... old.

None of us really know how we would react if we were to witness a UFO.

Oh sure we talk big about how we would handle the situation like one cool Daddy'O.

But the truth is until we have been in that situation fist hand, we really don't know what we would do. We can only speculate.

And also this in not a criticism on the skeptics. We need to be skeptical, We have to be. Just we need to be skeptical in a logical manner.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jackdaw
Possibly irrelevant, but each user has only one video posted, at the time I'm writing this: the videos detailed above.

All I can tell is that the sun has dropped lower in the sky in the Haiti footage. I don't know where each viewer was located on the island, relative to the setting sun. Indeed, we would all have a better idea if we knew this, wouldn't we?

This may not mean anything, but it's pretty funny to me that all the screen names of the people posting the videos seem to be of American or European nature. If so, how come only tourists would have supplied the videos and not native Haitians? Just more stew for the viral pot.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
This may not mean anything, but it's pretty funny to me that all the screen names of the people posting the videos seem to be of American or European nature. If so, how come only tourists would have supplied the videos and not native Haitians? Just more stew for the viral pot.

um maybe because the tourists are the ones with the cameras ready because they're on vacation....

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the post

I liked it, and it was a great representation of one of the many possible craft sighting scenarios I could imagine and / or

would hope to witness.

Who knows why the filming stopped, it seems some event was about to happen.

CGI or real - impressive either way, though the social ramifications of the two vary significantly.

Perhaps the CGI productions are another way of preparation for the real thing.... if it should happen at all, who knows?!?!?!?!

back to non sighting land for me.....

oss

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Which makes you wonder.... why aren't there any UFO videos in HD? Most everything is HD now. Surely someone would capture a UFO on HD video if so many others capture them on other formats.

Most of the videocams sold untill are NOT HD. Even if I would buy a new one now I would be a simple tape-using handcam (300 euros) with all the options, instead of a HD which cost a 1000 Euros and has a lot of stuff that can spoil the fun and uses masses of memory. Just for tourism and fun the old ones are better.
If i upgrade, I would rather go semi-pro with something for 2000 or so.
And most of the times you upload stuff on VG or YT is compresses, so HD doesn't help.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chalky01
If thats a military aircraft, and they do have a fleet of them, maybe the government, 1 day, will fly that fleet over the countries, freak out the human population, and boom, a whole, cowaring race for the government to control.

It is a man made craft for sure. I've seen hundreds of different videos and can clearly distinguish the so called 'alien' ones which are more slick and make unnatural movements, from the 'human' ones which look like small 'borg' like structures with pipes and wiring exposed to the outside.

AND it's definately not CGI. I work in the TV industry and work with highy skilled animators on a weekly basis. IF it would be CGI-ed then it must have been a job goiing into the 10.000s. Unless you have the hard/software in your own house

Seriously, who would spend such a large budget to create a hoax? Not the animators themselves. They are always workin overtime for their company, I can tell. So it can only be REAL or a highly funded way of warming the public up for global future disclosure.

My opinion: like the new Indiana Jones movie (2008), it's all a big warming up / getting the world population ready for world disclosure. If I was in charge of deciding stuff like this, I would have done the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The 20ish second time frame for these videos are also highly suspect of advertising. Let's assume they are CGI. Someone(s) did a lot of work to pull it off so well but clearly didn't want to make a movie of it. It screams advertising to me. You film real UFOs that close up with such detail being shown, you're going to post it on the net full version of the video you taped and you're going to be pumped and bragging about it. These youtube members posting the videos seem anything but that. If we see more about it elsewhere other than youtube then I'll reconsider things.. but youtube is like the holy grail for viral advertising.

Also the lights in the sky looks like a dogfight to me, and the ships are headed that way to join in. Also this video seems to have graphic mistakes, or it just wasn't finished. Take note of the large light under the crafts. I believe someone has already posted the vid capture of it. Tis more reasons why I feel like it's viral advertising for a game. I'm entirely open to it being real, man made ships, taking off after "real" UFOs in the sky, perhaps. Perhaps the person who taped it was taping those UFOs and then saw these two ships appear and taped them. Or maybe they are real alien spacecraft. I just feel it isn't the case though.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by botiemaster]

[edit on 10-8-2007 by botiemaster]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleek12
These crafts are real. I work in the film industry and I must say wow!. I also have seen crafts like thoughs in Chatsworth and Granada Hills Ca.

I live in Chatsworth, and inside the San Fernando Valley my whole life and I've never seen anything like that. I did however feel the moderately strong 4.6 jolt we had last night, and I'm sure some will say it's because of aliens living inside the earth.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm ignorant about Youtube--is it possible to select your location as "Dominican Republic" even if you're logged in from, say, Santa Monica (where there are lots of palm trees and a few facilities for rotoscopy)?

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Fuggle]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkMile77
None of us really know how we would react if we were to witness a UFO.

Oh sure we talk big about how we would handle the situation like one cool Daddy'O.

But the truth is until we have been in that situation fist hand, we really don't know what we would do. We can only speculate.

Exactly, DarkMile77!!! It's like during an earthquake for me.... I always say to myself "The next time we have an earthquake I want to run outside and see the ground move and ripple" since I got to see that happen during the big '94 quake. As scary as it was, it was still interesting to watch. Well, last night we had a quake that lasted about 20 seconds. The only thought on my mind was to get to a doorway in case it gets bigger. By the time your brain realizes what is actually happening (because it catches you very much off guard), the quake is already half over! The same thing would apply during a UFO sighting. Even if you had a video camera the initial shock of seeing something like that in the sky would leave you so mesmerized, you would be lucky if you remembered to turn your camera on at all since your eyes and your brain would be so fixated on the damn thing.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
How is everyone doing?

Ok, i just read the first page and the 7th page so i dont know if anyone had mentiond this. Right before the footage cuts out do you hear a man kinda yell. I mean yell in a tone that is like "Whoa Cool!"? To me this video is real, it's kinda like the C2C drone except moving. Not saying i believe in the C2C drone.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by triviumfan321]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
To me they look real but man made. The propulsion seems to be a mix of antigravity and jet propulsion. Maybe they took the babies for a short ride from Nevada to Haiti to test the effect of the craft on the natives. However, there must be news out there in Haiti. So many crafts can impossibly fly unnoticed over Haiti.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Looks kinda like a bunch of trees put on a big light and some other lights glued together.

But i'm not sure because it's quite dark to see properly.

To see what I mean just freeze it at 6~7 seconds.

For some reason I think it looks like a bunch of trees =p.

OMG ALIENZ!

[edit on 10/8/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Would a CGI artist put so many little antennas and other applications on an alien spacecraft? Don't think so. If it is alien, it does not look military... more like a scientific spacecraft.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is CGI guys. If you notice at the beginning of the video the ships pause for 3 seconds. until the camera is in angle. Pause frames every second from 21-19.
You can notice that the ship is paused and then goes on 19.

If someone else already posted this i apologize. I did not have a chance to read all the rebuttals.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You know what this reminds me of? ....Those real looking commercials by Sony for some of their Playstation games, such as the one where the kids shoot at things in their backyard with that alien rocket launcher. I forget what game those commercials were for.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I would suggest this is a viral marketing advertisement for some game.

This is quite obviously CGI. Firstly the shading on the craft does not match the ambient light source of the dusk.

Secondly, and most importantly, the lights from under the craft fail to illuminate the structure to the left as they pass... as well as the trees.

Finally the trees act as though in a light breeze. When a large craft flies overhead you get all sorts of currents in the air which would be very noticeable both in the trees, and in the ability to hold the camera still. This effect should also be audible in the video as the microphone would have had a gust pass over it making a typical whistling noise.

If in doubt about authenticity work from your gut feeling. CGI has mathematically perfect shading, curves, corners, movements. CGI is calculated on a computer using mathematical algorithms, it is not subject to any true real life randomness. For example, a reflective surface in real life is never 100% reflective, and will almost always be damaged slightly in some noticeable way. Light sources never give out just one frequency and often flicker and change in intensity. They are also almost always directional.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Food for thought:

This is a completely wild guess, in that I have NO evidence to prove it, but I believe these videos may be the next phase of the C2C drone hoax/project/invasion (whatever you want to call it).

To me, the crafts in these videos have the same feel as the C2C "drones". The odd bits seemingly randomly stuck on to the main body of the craft, and the repeating, connected circular shapes, IMHO, are similiar to the "drones" that made such a splash a couple of weeks ago.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Linda M. Howe and Earthfiles.com jump all over this, and for anonymous sources, and witnesses who refuse to indentify themselves, to start popping out of the woodwork to support the veracity of the videos.

Just my $.02

-Cypher

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Come on guys....7 pages of discussion over this guys effects test video? Things like this should be weeded out WAY earlier or you will just see more videos and pictures of this nature which does nothing to further the cause of real ufology.

I believe this effects test video was not done with the initial intention to "fool" the UFO community, but obviously someone was pleased with how it turned out and then it got around.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join