It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I had not been following this thread, since i thought it was pretty much bunk, but why is this thread still going on? And it has all ready been labled hoax, and after that they usualys close in a few hours...

Is the only proof is the Vue 6 video, with the little flying thing over grass... so we are deciding that this vid is viral for Vue 6???

Also, this is fake because the palm trees are the same??? I have spent all my life around many types of palms, visiting about 80% of the islands in the carribian, and my mother being from a carribian country, and i can tell you for a FACT that post palms within the same species look almost identical, the only deffering charecteristic being the hieght and species. I have pics on my mums PC of a beach houses drive way in Trinidad, where when i was young, we planted coconut plams lining each side of the driveway up to the house, several hundred Palm trees shadow the drive way up the hill, and they all look the same, and all the same hieght, its a nice looking scence that was a dozen years in the making, i think we used it as a family christmas card once. Point is, palm trees look similar.

All my other gripes on the photoage still apply, clip too short, not ALL the video was given, no exit scence, only 2 audible sounds are cut off both at the start and end of the clip. MY stance remains that this looks like some sort of terestial ground event like a competition, and we just can't find what we are looking for.

Also, i do not discount the fact that the DR/Hati goverment/newspapers would not go to lenghs to keep this from the public if this did happen. That island being one of the few i have not been too.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"You were the one that claimed that the effect couldn't be done in 3d rendering software. Or did I get that wrong as well? "

i'll say this for the tenth time:

i ALWAYS discussed the motion-blur filter

i've been trying to explain to people who don't use it that it looks different than an out of focus camera

i have every 3D and video editing platform on the market they all use 'canned' (pre-loaded) filters for various fx. 3D uses python language scripts

so, yes - I am the one who said it couldn't be done to look the way it looks in the video and i stand by it and posting other videos that show the function but, not the exact quality/nature of the blur in the video proves nothing

none of the examples blur the way the camera blurs when it zooms in and out - they just don't

but, i always said they can create blurs

and, someone wants me to just admit it's cg. why can't a guy not be sure? i told you what i DO know. now, i'm telling you what i don't know

it looks real to me - i'm not saying it's real and i never have anywhere in this thread

i don't know

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
www.jacksonhamiter.com

Is this a showcase of your work, Jakzun37? Do excuse me if I'm completely wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Is the only proof is the Vue 6 video, with the little flying thing over grass... so we are deciding that this vid is viral for Vue 6???

The official reason seem to be that the palm trees in the vui 6 demo vid sort of look the same as in the haiti vid and that some of the palm trees look like copy/pasted clones of eachother. Go back and read the thread. :p

I'm not all convinced... I mean, sure I guess it's most likely a hoax... UFO's are only in fairytales right?

Still, all cg vids I have seen so far (That are acknowledged to be CG) like demos etc, all look a little fake to me... and this vid, if it's CGI is the only I have seen so far that doesn't....

And yeah, I know you can keep going on about filters and blur. I know the concept even though I don't work with 3d.

Still, I would like to know if this guy Jakzyn, if he's a pro CG artist can say there's a chance it's real taking into account the above hoax reasons.........

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Shades1035]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
There are two undeniable pieces of evidence that are provided here:

1st argument is the cloned trees.

2nd argument is MY argument that nobody has debunked yet. I created a video that shows it. This tree/ufo interaction is artificial. The tree was "glitched". Just look at the tree where it touches the ufo, it suddenly appears bigger during the 3 to 4th second of the video. When the lights passed the tree, some of them should have not been visible, but they were. The the tree fills in back to normal. Its fake, no doubt.

media.putfile.com...

If the so called "professional" didn't see this, then I highly question his abilities.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakzun37

and, someone wants me to just admit it's cg. why can't a guy not be sure? i told you what i DO know. now, i'm telling you what i don't know

it looks real to me - i'm not saying it's real and i never have anywhere in this thread

i don't know

Ok guys, so we have someone that is a pro CGI artist saying he thinks the vid looks real. Why not rename the thread again to "possible hoax"??`????

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Ok guys, so we have someone that is a pro CGI artist saying he thinks the vid looks real. Why not rename the thread again to "possible hoax"??`????

Because we already have 2 REAL professionals with evidence to prove its a hoax. See my post above.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Do you work for the government?

Just kidding :p

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If I worked for the government, I wouldn't even comment on these UFO's. I would let the masses form their own opinion of what is real and not real, because I would be able to use that to my advantage when ever I needed to fake something.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
"Ok guys, so we have someone that is a pro CGI artist saying he thinks the vid looks real. Why not rename the thread again to "possible hoax"??`????"

you know what?

that puts me in the hotseat - where people get to attack me because they disagree

i didn't list credentials because people were supposed to make a decision based on what i knew - i just tried to illustrate how deeply i am involved in this sort of thing because people were cutting and pasting software they didn't understand

because ultimately, i've been saying i don't know what to make of the video and i've listed the things i DID know

but, i don't need a bullseye painted on me and hell, i don't know if it's real anyway. so, while i'm an authority in some areas, i've been professing my ignorance of other areas

so, the 'expert' title only goes so far here and i don't deserve the wrath of those that disagree with you

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Jakzun37,

Basicaly what it comes down to, is that there are 2 pieces of video evidence along with various images and highlights that prove this is a HOAX.

Against, YOU, who only has word of mouth, and no creditability yet.

If we were to put this on a scale.. then.. maybe you will see why its leaning against your arguements.

If you want to make a point, answer my pop quiz question I asked earlyer, and then provide some evidence of why the "focus" is to "natural". Get a video, and a timer, and tell us just exactly how many milliseconds difference "reality" from "fake" is. Then maybe your apposing debater's will acknowledge what you claim.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
Jakzun37,

Basicaly what it comes down to, is that there are 2 pieces of video evidence along with various images and highlights that prove this is a HOAX.

He seems credible to me.

I just think the self proclaimed experts on this forum are too trigger happy to declare something a hoax.

I mean we have countless of people here arguing about the reasons for renaming this thread a hoax, including now a pro CGI artist.

Isn't this forum about keeping an open mind? Why should a blurry picture of an Ohare airport ufo along with some bagage handlers testifying they saw whatever, more or less be proof of UFO while this is labelled a HOAX right away?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
"Basicaly what it comes down to, is that there are 2 pieces of video evidence along with various images and highlights that prove this is a HOAX.

Against, YOU, who only has word of mouth, and no creditability yet."

"AGAINST" ME?

i don't have a dog in this fight. no one is against me - i don't know what i think of the video - this is getting retarded

it's perfectly fine with me if the video is a hoax. i have not spent one moment campaigning for it to be real. i talk of procedure and techniques and technology and in the end, i say i just dont know

so, you really need to get over yourself. i don't have anything to prove here, i'm trying to find out what's up with the video

you obviously have something to prove but, you're not on my radar. i don't consider you a threat, a challenge, interesting, intelligent - i don't consider you, period

you're starting to pursue me like a schoolgirl. get a dog or something

thank you in advance

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So I guess that means this video is officially a hoax, if the "CGI professional" can not provide any more supporting evidence.

Debate score, 2 - 0

Lets move on.

Oh, b.t.w. since when do cameras focus so fast when they are pointed in the sky? Odd how quick that camera found focus when their infrared beam was lost in outer space.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
ide just like to say here that as yet i still dont see any real proof that haiti ufo is 100% hoax, comaparing the ufo clip to software, to me doesnt prove any thing, it just kinda sais another opinion about the clip, but opinion is not proof. so ide say haiti ufo is posible hoax, unproven as yet !

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
I mean we have countless of people here arguing about the reasons for renaming this thread a hoax, including now a pro CGI artist.

If you are talking about Jackzun I think you need to re-read his posts.

Isn't this forum about keeping an open mind? Why should a blurry picture of an Ohare airport ufo along with some bagage handlers testifying they saw whatever, more or less be proof of UFO while this is labelled a HOAX right away?

Did you just compare this to the O'Hare incident?

First of all, there were reports of the O'Hare sighting . Then there was a piece in a mainstream media newspaper.

There were witnesses, they were interviewed by people of UFO research groups and the Chicago Tribune journalist, there were tapes (that got released) with the conversations between the tower of the airport and pilots and the employees of an airline, and so on.

What do you have in this Haiti supposed sighting? 20 seconds of a Youtube video with no information from it's author, with no reports or witnesses anywhere to be found.. nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by the animator
ide just like to say here that as yet i still dont see any real proof that haiti ufo is 100% hoax, comaparing the ufo clip to software, to me doesnt prove any thing, it just kinda sais another opinion about the clip, but opinion is not proof. so ide say haiti ufo is posible hoax, unproven as yet !

Wow yeah. This is what ATS has come too, I'm done in this therad. See ya guys, have fun finding out its a hoax. Please do download blender and mess around with it.. you will see how many odd "ufos" you can design with a few simple clicks.

1+1=4

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
Jakzun37,

If we were to put this on a scale.. then.. maybe you will see why its leaning against your arguements.

If you want to make a point, answer my pop quiz question I asked earlyer, and then provide some evidence of why the "focus" is to "natural". Get a video, and a timer, and tell us just exactly how many milliseconds difference "reality" from "fake" is. Then maybe your apposing debater's will acknowledge what you claim.

I just have to jump in here. I am coming to Jakzun37's defense. I have followed this entire thread and you guys have unfairly singled him out and pounced on him. Back Off!

11 11 First, it is hard to take someone very seriously who can't even friggin' spell. You were bragging about all of your "experiance" (sic). What a joke. You mis-spelled "apposing" and used "too" incorrectly.

Second, your above link PROVES NOTHING. It appears that the "craft" is behind the tree leaf. They are both dark. When the craft moves forward, the leaf is exposed. Bingo...next.

You are trying so hard to be the "Star Debunker" on this as you have on other posts. You ask for hard proof and yet provide none. You accused him of being a hoaxer. That is a serious accusation.

You put Jaksun37 on trial as if you are freakin' Perry Mason hoping he will start screaming.."Yes, Yes I did it. I am the hoaxer. Take me to jail."

I too have problems with the video for the very same reason he does. The focus. It is simply not "organic". It is hard to put into words. And he is correct that others think they are experts because they go to a website and see stuff about motion-blur and focus. None of the samples provided by Danx were very convincing either.

I too, as stated before, have extensive video post "experiance". Nearly 30 years. Not in 3D or Effects per-se, but in editing. I certainly don't need to prove anything to YOU to justify my background.

Every member on this forum gets the right to their own opinion. They shouldn't be slammed if theirs doesn't match yours. He and you and I are EQUAL here in that respect. Kinda like a democracy. 1 person, 1 vote.

You state that Jaksun37 has no credibility. I say, the pot is calling the kettle black.

So take the advice of the mods....stay civil.

Just be nice.....regards...kk

[edit on 12-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
"have fun finding out its a hoax."

that's all we've been trying to do. YOU'RE taking the fun out of it

"Please do download blender and mess around with it.. you will see how many odd "ufos" you can design with a few simple clicks."

but, it won't look anything like the video

have a nice day

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
Did you just compare this to the O'Hare incident?

First of all, there were reports of the O'Hare sighting . Then there was a piece in a mainstream media newspaper.

There were witnesses, they were interviewed by people of UFO research groups and the Chicago Tribune journalist, there were tapes (that got released) with the conversations between the tower of the airport and pilots and the employees of an airline, and so on.

What do you have in this Haiti supposed sighting? 20 seconds of a Youtube video with no information from it's author, with no reports or witnesses anywhere to be found.. nothing.

I have followed ohare closely and I agree it's interesting. It's also interesting how that thread got the status of being more or less confirmed while this one is labelled hoax because of a demo vid showing simular looking palmtrees.

I am not saying this vid is confirmed, I am just questioning wether it was right or wrong to label it a hoax so soon. We have many people coming with valid arguments against it, wether you agree with them or not.

On youtube people are posting they have relatives in UN peace keeping force that saw these UFO's too. I don't know how credible they are, but they are statements after all... just like the o'hare witness reports...

Also, Haiti news agencies may not have the same resources as american... It used to be a dictatorship and I don't know how open their society is now.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join