It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Jakzun37 there is always too sides to everything.

The popular, and the underground.

There are undeground 3D artist that will run circles around your work, and they will only do it for fun. They wont try to get a job, they wont go to competitions, they will just sit and be the best, and be the unknown.

In 3D modeling, you have to be an artist. A real one. You have to know everything about lights, and reflections, and focus, and everything in the world. Not only that, but you have to beable to produce those effects. A LOT of people know how it should look, but not a lot of people get it to look that way. It seperates the artists, from the amatures.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Jackzun, the reason for adding a HOAX title to this thread was based mostly on a commercial from vue 6 and the simularity of the palmtrees in their demo video and in the haiti vid.

Do you think it's fair to label it a hoax because of that reason?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Re Jackzun37

Basically what you are saying I think, is that if this is a CGI creation it's had shed loads of cash thrown at it, ie custom software etc.

Or it's real...

What bugs me is that if this is indeed CG and it's cost a bomb, why do stupid shortcuts eg the clone tree's?

When I initially saw the Haiti vid the hairs on my neck stood up, I'm no genius but I love SFX and sit and analyse films for what's cg and what's practical effect. When I saw the Haiti film it felt damn real. To hear a seasoned professional such as yourself say it's damn good really makes me wonder...

Btw, best of luck with RE....

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Mclane]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakzun37

and, spare me the pop quiz - you presume MUCH if you think i have anything to prove to anyone here. i've offered my personal experience and you're becoming hostile

i'm gonna smoke me a joint and it wouldn't hurt you to do the same

it's only a discussion...

So you are going to search Google untill you find the anwser or are you going to be a professional and answer the questions correctly with no hesitation? I would really like to know your true qualifications, so we can determine if your oppinions on CG effects hold any water.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
"So what you're saying is that you can't replicate what's in the Haiti UFO video?

Since you're such an expert on CG and having won awards and all, I can't help but wonder how you'll feel when the video is proven to be CGI..."

you reveal your status with this post. as in, you haven't read thru this thread - you're just in here aggressing me without having fully read me

I REPEATEDLY explain that this is EASILY DONE in most platforms and i could do it. i even broke down the procedure at length

BUT, the camera blur gives me issues. i don't believe it is a filter/algorithm

AND, i said i DIDN'T win an award - i merely provided 3D animation/special fx

but, MANY titles i've worked on HAVE won awards - sorry if the idea of this irks you

and, i never said the video wasn't cg

so, you're spitting in the wind right now

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclane
Re Jackzun37

Basically what you are saying I think, is that if this is a CGI creation it's had shed loads of cash thrown at it, ie custom software etc.

Actually no. A lot of people either get this software from school, or for school with a student loan. Or they pirate it off the internet. Or they did fork the cash for the programs, but once you have the programs you don't have to pay anything but time. You can make infinite 3D renders for FREE, but it will cost you a bit of time..

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

but, MANY titles i've worked on HAVE won awards - sorry if the idea of this irks you

In order for you claims to be even concidered you must show some proof of experiance. So will you please answer my question about 3D Studio Max?

If I wanted to use a cylinder to cut out a hole out of a box, what method would I use?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

beyond that, those clips lend nothing to the matter

Well Jazkun37, it seems to me that you ask for examples and they were given to you. You can not ask for something then get it and blow it off as if it does not add anything to the matter.

I dont know what your qualifications are, but for what you have said in regards to who you work for I assume that you have good knowledge, so one question:

Can you at least accept to the fact that this can be created in CG? Thats the only fact that I have not see being convincingly refuted here.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Personally, I got to say that the haiti vid, if it's CGI, looks a lot more real than both the vue6 commercial vid and the other cg vids ppl posted here........

even in the best cg vids there are something subtle that just doesn't look real, hard to say what it is..... something with movement I guess.

However, I don't get that feeling with the hait vid... although I am not an expert. I am just a webdesigner and have worked little with 3d.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Shades1035]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Personally, I got to say that the haiti vid, if it's CGI, looks a lot more real than both the vue6 commercial vid and the other cg vids ppl posted here........

Thats because people add their own after effects to them. They can play with these rendering settings all day untill they get it to look like reality. Some people, like the demo, don't waste their time with after effects when everyone knows its CG and effects can be added at any time. But when people are trying to pass these as real, thats when they spend their time on the reality aspect of it.

The demo is showing how crisp and clean everything looks at default. If it looks that good at default, then after effects will make it look real.

These programs don't out put only at a certain level of detail. They have unlimited amounts of different rendering capabilities, and settings to change.

Thats why most renders looks so much different from each other. The creators have different rendering settings, but still use the same programs.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Basically what you are saying I think, is that if this is a CGI creation it's had shed loads of cash thrown at it, ie custom software etc.

Or it's real...

What bugs me is that if this is indeed CG and it's cost a bomb, why do stupid shortcuts eg the clone tree's?

When I initially saw the Haiti vid the hairs on my neck stood up, I'm no genius but I love SFX and sit and analyse films for what's cg and what's practical effect. When I saw the Haiti film it felt damn real. To hear a seasoned professional such as yourself say it's damn good really makes me wonder...

Btw, best of luck with RE.... "

not a big budget at all, the quality is too poor. unless some marketing genius deliberately spliced some poor quality video together to make it look home-made - it would be a first

some cg platform are free. so, this could be made in my bedroom on a laptop for zero cost

i'm trained to look for the masking and i can detect none. they would have had to do a flawless job - because the seams leap out at you if you don't. like they teach in art class regarding straight lines and circles:

"if it looks like it might be crooked, it IS crooked" - there's no 'almost' here - the human eye will detect a line that isn't quite straight or a circle that is off

like the line created by a crooked picture on the wall - once you see it, you'll always see it's crooked until you fix it. i can't detect any such flaw in the video re: any masking

so, i honestly don't know what to say. i WOULD like to see the vue video i'm reading about - with the trees

as i said before, if the trees are fake then it gets alof easier

but, that doesn't account for the out of focus frames when the camera zooms and pans. cg filters are much cleaner than that - like in the examples someone posted earlier

they mimic the effect but, i can see the algorthim working. in the video, it's sloppy and unprecise and natural and dirty

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
[edit on 12-8-2007 by Shades1035]

This is an easy one, the Haiti video look better than the demo, guess why?
Because is a DEMO, once you get a feel for it and if you already have knowledge, imagine what can you create with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

BUT, the camera blur gives me issues. i don't believe it is a filter/algorithm

You were the one that claimed that the effect couldn't be done in 3d rendering software. Or did I get that wrong as well?

And I was addressing that specifically.

AND, i said i DIDN'T win an award - i merely provided 3D animation/special fx

On your previous post you stated that:

no, i didn't win anything this year...

How was I supposed to understand this other than that although you didn't win an award this year, you have before?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Jakzyn there's a link to the vue demo video in this thread a few pages back.... and also a still from that video showing the palms... Personally I think they look more fake than in the haiti vid though.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ladies and/or Gentlemen,

Once again I feel the need to express some sort of "reason". This thread is a discussion about two videos, and not a contest to see who is more qualified to "debunk" these videos as a hoax. My opinion of them is irrelevant - and even if it were relevant, it doesn't exist.

All we have are videos that were posted on YouTube, and subsequently linked here for discussion. However, it appears that lately the "discussion" has tapered off, and some ridiculous "credibility" war -- which has NOTHING to do with the videos -- has begun.

11 11, I observed (with some amusement) your activity on the CARET thread -- which occurred before I joined this site. When you appeared in this thread, I was under the impression that you had changed somewhat... but your last few posts have caused me to reconsider - again, not that my opinion matters. Nonetheless, I request that you step down from your pedestal of "High Qualifications" and let this proceed. The same goes for the rest of you who keep drumming on this CGI issue, with your various accolades and whatnot.

We should all be aware that 3D modeling software has become rather advanced lately. Certainly, these videos could have been composed entirely in such software. But until we have a video of the hoaxer creating these videos, or some other indisputable evidence, please tackle another angle, or drop the entire conversation since it has been labeled a Hoax already. It's irritating to keep expanding this thread into a 200 page-long discussion, when the actual 'discussing' ended on page 10.

With that said, I will cease to post in this thread any further. Clearly, nothing will come of this. Apologies if I have bruised any more egos; I wish you peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"In order for you claims to be even concidered you must show some proof of experiance."

no. i do not.

if i had NEVER come to this site, i would STILL be what i've been and what i am and doing what i do

i'd have to be a real loser to let some unknown entity challenge me and me actually participate

i tried to list a FEW credentials without getting too personal - just to try to convey that i do this for a living and it's for top-tier, fortune 500 mega-corporations

i have done ALOT more than that, my friend. i wasn't trying to make this about ME - i was merely telling what i know from firsthand experience and answering 3D/video related questions

i'll not jump thru hoops or perform parlor tricks for you. it's much deeper than that

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, if this guy is a pro CGI artist we should continue to analyze if the reasons to labelling it hoax were correct or not. If they weren't I hope the admins here can swallow their pride and rename the thread title again. :p

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"In order for you claims to be even concidered you must show some proof of experiance."

no. i do not.

if i had NEVER come to this site, i would STILL be what i've been and what i am and doing what i do

i'd have to be a real loser to let some unknown entity challenge me and me actually participate

i tried to list a FEW credentials without getting too personal - just to try to convey that i do this for a living and it's for top-tier, fortune 500 mega-corporations

i have done ALOT more than that, my friend. i wasn't trying to make this about ME - i was merely telling what i know from firsthand experience and answering 3D/video related questions

i'll not jump thru hoops or perform parlor tricks for you. it's much deeper than that

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jackdaw

11 11, I observed (with some amusement) your activity on the CARET thread -- which occurred before I joined this site. When you appeared in this thread, I was under the impression that you had changed somewhat... but your last few posts have caused me to reconsider - again, not that my opinion matters. Nonetheless, I request that you step down from your pedestal of "High Qualifications" and let this proceed. The same goes for the rest of you who keep drumming on this CGI issue, with your various accolades and whatnot.

No listen. This video is already declared a HOAX. There is not futher descussion about it. We have moved on from that. Now, I am curiouse as two why these so called "experts" keep denying this stuff. Well I know why, because these so called "experts" are the ones making them.

I am not going to lie, I have a 1000's of hours of experiance in this field, and every time I come to a "UFO" thread and tell them my exact thoughts. I have NEVER been wrong. I was never once wrong in this entire thread, just like I have never been wrong in the CARET thread. I know real from fake, its a gift I have recived from all the years of experiance....

I have the experiance, and yet there are people here claiming to win awards in 3D rendering, and still think this declared hoax is real. Its wrong...

Now I am on my own mission to figure out the mentality of this guy, and find out if he really is what he says he is.

He hasn't yet answered one of the most simple questions in all of 3D modeling. So that tells me, he is lying, he is not proffessional. Now I can move on.

This video is a HOAX, and this thread should be closed.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I had not been following this thread, since i thought it was pretty much bunk, but why is this thread still going on? And it has all ready been labled hoax, and after that they usualys close in a few hours...

Is the only proof is the Vue 6 video, with the little flying thing over grass... so we are deciding that this vid is viral for Vue 6???

Also, this is fake because the palm trees are the same??? I have spent all my life around many types of palms, visiting about 80% of the islands in the carribian, and my mother being from a carribian country, and i can tell you for a FACT that post palms within the same species look almost identical, the only deffering charecteristic being the hieght and species. I have pics on my mums PC of a beach houses drive way in Trinidad, where when i was young, we planted coconut plams lining each side of the driveway up to the house, several hundred Palm trees shadow the drive way up the hill, and they all look the same, and all the same hieght, its a nice looking scence that was a dozen years in the making, i think we used it as a family christmas card once. Point is, palm trees look similar.

All my other gripes on the photoage still apply, clip too short, not ALL the video was given, no exit scence, only 2 audible sounds are cut off both at the start and end of the clip. MY stance remains that this looks like some sort of terestial ground event like a competition, and we just can't find what we are looking for.

Also, i do not discount the fact that the DR/Hati goverment/newspapers would not go to lenghs to keep this from the public if this did happen. That island being one of the few i have not been too.

new topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join