It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lecuitis
Disregarding the fact that the CGi that program produces is NOWHERE near the quality in the Haiti vid, it requires many many hours to render even one frame, let alone the 30frames per second, 20 second clip we have. Again for arguments sake, supposing this is cgi, what the hell is it for as it certainly wasnt done by some guy on his laptop one evening...
I'm slightly disgusted that this has been officially labelled as a hoax also when nothing of the sort has been proven.

Oh come onnnnn,

you tube links:

One of those is just the dominican video. There is no arguement anymore, it is 100% fake.

[edit on 12/8/2007 by Wig]

Mod Edit: Fixed the video links.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The lighting is waaayyyy off, the color is close but not right on, too many symmetrical images, no background noises...... Need I go on?

Also in reference to it being CG... Once the 3D model was made (by what looks like a bunch of prefab images) it is no big deal to add them to the video and the whole vid is and can be done in well under 100 frames....

[edit on 12-8-2007 by E-Dragon]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by E-Dragon
The lighting is waaayyyy off, the color is close but not right on, too many symmetrical images, no background noises...... Need I go on?

You realize that the demo is just a showcase and probably everything presented on it is the standard texture/lighting/shading/etc and that it can all be edited and modified?

And I hope you also realize that 'background noises' or anything else can be added?

I find it funny that people on one hand say 'if it's fake this was an extremely well done fake' but expect that the exactly same scenery and objects are presented in the demo.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg

Originally posted by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient
It seems that if this type of software is capable of creating a clip of this quality and it available to everyone then there is no longer a need to debate any more videos. Until we masses of people all seeing something this close i see no need for myself to follow these threads any more....as much fun as it is. I always hated that some people would accept nothing less than a landing and contact as proof but now that this technology is possible to all I am slowly moving to the "I need contact to believe" camp.

Ziltoid.....

Do you really think that even then, contact will be believable though? So what? We next see a video on youtube that shows one of these craft landing on a rio beach with thousands of people standing around it, aliens getting out of the craft and shaking hands with some sunbather... Are we going to believe that, or will we think that the thousands of people are part of the cast along with the cgi landing inserted back at the studio? Where does it all end?

Come on man, use your .s. Like something earth shattering like that would begin by be disseminated through friggin' YouTube. Someone, perhaps several hundred someones, would use a PHONE, the local cops would be called, the A/P would be on it like white on rice, the news would spread faster than someone could post it on YouTube for crying out loud, and it wouldn't be some stupid 20-30 second clip that shows "alien" ships doing stupid things like buzzing the beach in some third would nation for crying out loud. It would be undeniable by anybody with half a brain.

Although I knew this was fake beyond a doubt when I first say it and said so, as did MANY others here, those who want to believe in this crap so bad ignore the obvious. But lets go a. from now on and ignore cgi. Just just the video itself on what it shows. 2-30 seconds of some ships buzzing over a camera. What purpose would that serve the "aliens" Please, use common sense from now on and a dumbass video like this won't get to 44-45 pages and make a lot of you look like fools.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Its fake! sorry but give up already.

Um how do YOU know this?, what evidence do you have to support your theory. YOU are not being helpful or constructive, tell me HOW you know this is fake, and how you can be so sure, I'm Very skeptical about videos and pics, but this seems not like others I have seen . I'd you have PROOF it is fake, then recreate it and I will pay you 1000$, simple as that

Dae

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
pjslug has NAILED it IMHO.

This very well could be a "viral" for the software company, created by the software company. If it is it's brilliant. Look at the attention they have gained in a few short days.

Has ATS contacted the company and got some bootie from this venture? Or is it because the video originated on Youtube that ATS cant charge them "$2.00 US for each "thread view" of the thread(s) in which your marketing messages are contained."?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm returning the "HOAX" lable to the thread title.

Labeling a thread as HOAX is not enough, the post proving it should be linked. Is this possible, or it there a mean to find the post. I had to read half a dozen pages to find the maybe right post. Ok, sometimes it is not a single post that proves the hoax.

Anyhow this is a good job, I congratulate the poster(s).

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Its funny how the only CG experts in this thread and other sites who have commented on this have stated this would be next to impossible to achieve.
But typical ATS armchair analysts dont listen

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by E-Dragon
Also in reference to it being CG... Once the 3D model was made (by what looks like a bunch of prefab images) it is no big deal to add them to the video and the whole vid is and can be done in well under 100 frames....

Puleeeeze. The video is :20 long. There are 30 frames per second. The video equals 600 frames. Sometimes animaters use a technique called "shoot 2's" in which the animation holds for two frames to save the laborious process of all 30 fps. This can work for some video but doesn't yeild totally smooth and fluid motion.

Bottom line, you just can't say it could be done in 100 frames since nothing is ever static. It is always moving, shrinking, growing, shaking or blurring.

OK, so now I am defending it as animation. How do I sleep at night?

regards...kk

[edit on 12-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Its funny how the only CG experts in this thread and other sites who have commented on this have stated this would be next to impossible to achieve.
But typical ATS armchair analysts dont listen

Yes, then you have the other CGI experts in all of the Drone/Isaac threads who claim those are completely fake. Then the people who were brought in directly to C2C to give their opinions and most if not all agreed they were fake. The Isaac models look leaps and bounds better than these do and I'm still on the fence about those! The drone ones don't exactly look more realistic but they have the same exact visual qualities to them as this one does.

So, what, we have 1? 2? "CGI EXPERTS" whom I have never heard of up until this thread. They claim these are impossible to make and I have to completely disagree. It's obviously not impossible to make, it just takes time. Time to model, animate, and render.

Then lets even forget the CGI/NOT argument for a second. Lets say we don't use feeling and hunches as any sort of proof or even experts or what-not. You still have to account for the lack of video, lack of expression, visual faults on the "ships", edited frames (missing star), and the ridiculous but still valid palm argument.

It's about time it was labeled a hoax.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm STILL willing to put my money where my mouth is, $1000 to the first person that can duplicate this work, If it's fake then it should be repeatable, so, AWESOME ATS'ers get to work. I feel VERY confident my money is quite safe. Not because of lack of skill or effort but I just think it cannot be duplicated with Vue 6 or any other rendering device on a home PC.

And as far as Video on youtube or what ever, Ever . of Ron Paul? even the MSM ignore him, cause of fear. in Other words, not ALL the News "fit to Print" gets printed, and I believe between the Government and the Churches, UFO vids will more then likely will always be sidelined

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hello every one,
I have notice that all palm trees are the same shape on the Haiti Video.

kacou

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
If it's fake then it should be repeatable

Yes, people who have practiced skill and time could very easily reproduce this for you. Please visit the "Amazing CGI" link in my signature. You'll find fully animated CGI there that blew my mind away in comparison to this Sci-Fi salad.

Edit: Sigh, any home desktop with the correct software can do this. Students who want to master in these fields usually get access to these programs for free. They don't even have to torrent them!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
And as far as Video on youtube or what ever, Ever . of Ron Paul? even the MSM ignore him, cause of fear. in Other words, not ALL the News "fit to Print" gets printed, and I believe between the Government and the Churches, UFO vids will more then likely will always be sidelined

Even considering that mainstream media would ignore this, how come EVERY OTHER media and website and blog didn't report it?

The only thing reported on the web is the video, not the event. There's not a single description or witness account anywhere, not even Haitian or DR media.

No one saw/reported this incredible event? Apparently two persons did saw and managed to record it, since you believe the videos are real.

So what's the reason for these persons, both of them - since they were uploaded by people with different usernames - managed to capture this incredible event, to only showed 20 or less seconds of it to the world, to not leave any information regarding the footage, to not talk to anyone, to not give any descriptions/eyewitness accounts/interviews to any newspaper/media/blog, and to not even comment or reply to people's inquires on Youtube?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thanks Wig, i think 2 of the vids you posted sum this up.

Here are 2 screen grabs that prove its Vue to me. I have 2 screen grabs that show the similarities between the Vue Demo and the Dominican vid but I have no way to load them here ( i can mail them to someone if they can put them up here. )

Ziltoid

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"when the craft is right straight up the camera goes out of focus, as do the trees and such, any Idea how hard this would be to do with CG? I challenge any one out here to replicate that effect. I think you will find this an incredibly difficult task."

absolutely

3D platforms DO NOT go out of focus like that. as a cameraman/video editor, i work extensively with video and it does that all the time. you CAN render an object with a 'motion-blur' effect but, it's not what you see in this video - looks completely different

for the ship to go out of focus at the exact time and to the exact degree of blur, it would have to be part of the video

there is no faking this effect, no re-creating it. you will never find an example of 3D blurring in exact sync with the background footage

again, i've never said it wasn't fake - i'm just point out things that simply don't work here

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso

Yes, then you have the other CGI experts in all of the Drone/Isaac threads who claim those are completely fake. Then the people who were brought in directly to C2C to give their opinions and most if not all agreed they were fake. The Isaac models look leaps and bounds better than these do and I'm still on the fence about those! The drone ones don't exactly look more realistic but they have the same exact visual qualities to them as this one does.

Because its about a million times less demanding to render a single image, it would still take around a day to render the lighting for a photo to photorealistic quality however but still doable for a single guy whos very bored. This is NOT the case with this video, not even regarding the animation of the trees themselves, the movement of the craft, the focus of the camera etc etc

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Because its about a million times less demanding to render a single image, it would still take around a day to render the lighting for a photo to photorealistic quality however but still doable for a single guy whos very bored. This is NOT the case with this video, not even regarding the animation of the trees themselves, the movement of the craft, the focus of the camera etc etc

Maybe because it wasn't a single guy, or the objective is not just to hoax people.

I still believe this video is part of a viral ad.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Pin The Tail On The Video

Originally posted by Wig
There is no arguement anymore, it is 100% fake.

I'll have to disagree about the first part: there's definitely plenty of argument left.

As for the second part, putting aside the whole issue of CGI and The Attack Of The Palm Tree Clones, the issue of determining where this video came from is a line of inquiry that shouldn't be ignored.

I may have missed it, but so far I've seen no indication of who made this video, how it was actually made or why it was actually made.

All we have is a video that Mysteriously Appeared On The Internet One Day and that in itself is highly suspicious.

Perhaps most damning is the fact that the circumstances surrounding this video fit an all-too-familiar pattern: it's short, unattributed, uncorroborated and no one has claimed responsibility for filming it.

To date, I have yet to see a video matching this pattern that has NOT turned out to be a demonstrable fake.

Does that alone mean this video is a fake? No.

But I think it would be injudicious to point at something as dubious as this and insist it's genuine without anything other than "wow, it looks so real!" to substantiate the claim.

Anyone who has seen a blockbuster movie in the past several years already knows how realistic CGI can be, because nearly all of them use it to a surprising degree and fool the eyes of millions of viewers in doing so.

For my part, I think the evidence points overwhelmingly to a hoax, but skeptic that I am, I'll readily concede that there's always a chance I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"Its funny how the only CG experts in this thread and other sites who have commented on this have stated this would be next to impossible to achieve."

not me.

i said it could be done easily. but, it WOULD be arduous.

the masking of the trees in each frame (if they are real and i think they are) would be extensive, indeed. notice how you can see the craft BETWEEN the leaves as they blow

that is some serious tracking/masking - in regards to the time involved, painstakingly masking all those palm fronds. and, when you're sloppy, not EXACT, it SHOWS - the seam with be QUITE visible

especially, if people are gonna slow it down and watch it frame-by-frame

but, the software can EASILY handle it and render it all in one take, in various formats/platforms/styles

if the trees are fake, it gets WAY easier - just have the ship fly behind them. no pre-production necessary

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join