It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket4ce
I am not saying it isn't CGI. I only hope it IS CGI, and I am looking at other tips. All I'm saying is that using the palmtrees as an excuse to debunk this video is bogus. I lived on the litoral, and I stared palmtrees pretty much for a whole year, since my girlfriend thought that they where so romantic. And I will state it again: Depending of the geographic location and on the distribution of the palmtrees, they can and will look alike. What is not exactly the case with these ones. Look at the trunk again.

Excellent point pocket4ce

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
yes i have the same opinion....the proofs make it really hard to say its real.
but we cant be really sure....the ufos will be the easyest way to analize
theyr movement,lighting and design

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yea as 'Skush' pointed out, the glow at the center has some rendering problems at the begining of the video when its occluded by part of the UFO, its a common error when rendering 'glows' in CG..the software does'nt know what to render so cuts the glow sharply.

Originally posted by maybereal11
Wildone - Great evidence. It places some real doubt on the footage, but I am not 100% convinced hoax based on the potential match of the palm trees. I just don't know enough about palm trees. Maybe palm trees do weather/evolve similiarly when near eachother? Or maybe this breed of tree is prone to look similiar to its neighbors? The match is not 100%, more like 95%? I think it is a powerful argument and am glad to have your critical eye looking this over. With the wealth of other material contained in these videos shouldn't there be plenty of other things we can examine to debunk beside the palm trees? The UFOs for example?

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yea alike..not the same. Find me 2 tree's with as many matches as I found
that are 95-100% the same, as in the images I posted.

Originally posted by TallDutch

I am not saying it isn't CGI. I only hope it IS CGI, and I am looking at other tips. All I'm saying is that using the palmtrees as an excuse to debunk this video is bogus. I lived on the litoral, and I stared palmtrees pretty much for a whole year, since my girlfriend thought that they where so romantic. And I will state it again: Depending of the geographic location and on the distribution of the palmtrees, they can and will look alike. What is not exactly the case with these ones. Look at the trunk again.

Excellent point pocket4ce

link   
Also, and apologies if this had already been mentioned, but, those 7 big lights under the "crafts" dont appear to shine any light on the trees or affect the camera in any way as it flies over the person who is recording.

link   
Lots of palm trees in this photo, do any of them look identical, not that I can see, theres even a UFO in the photo aswell!
Palm Trees

link   
It is my opinion that the trees are NOT the same. First, compare the trees at beginning of clip to trees at end. Not even close.

Now to compare the two end trees as WildOne argues to no end, here
is my take on this. ( And I stink at Photoshop )

As far as the "craft". I have watched over a hundred times....not sure.
At the least, they could be CGI over Real World background.

Just my .02¢

regards...kk

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its rather obvious..they may be slightly rotated with relation to each other,
the angle/configuration is the SAME.

You blew out so much contrast there it reduced some of the bulk of the shapes

Also, I was never comparing the tree's at the begining to the tree's at the end(?) so thats a mute comparison. Sorry

How come when I just place the top ontop of each other it matches? Hmm

Shot at 2007-08-10

Originally posted by kinda kurious
It is my opinion that the trees are NOT the same. First, compare the trees at beginning of clip to trees at end. Not even close.

Just my .02¢

regards...kk

link   
Great job kinda kurious. That should shut him up.

*heads off to work now*

EDIT: I appear to be mistaken.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by SonicInfinity]

link   

I I lived on the litoral, and I stared palmtrees pretty much for a whole year, since my girlfriend thought that they where so romantic. And I will state it again: Depending of the geographic location and on the distribution of the palmtrees, they can and will look alike. What is not exactly the case with these ones. Look at the trunk again.

I am looking out my window as I type and I see literally 100's of palm trees in my view of four or five different species. I live in South Florida and the types of palm trees found here are similar to the types found in the DR and Haiti. Its all part of the Caribbean.

I have been researching the past couple hours for the species type of palm trees seen in the video and as of yet I have not been able to find it.

As far as Im concerned, the point of do the palm trees look identical is a straw man. The real point is whether or not the palm trees in the video are even a real species.

And so far I have not found even one species of palm tree that look remotely similar to the ones portrayed in the video.

I am challenging all member of ATS who are reading this thread to find and identify the species of palm tree shown in the video.

If the species of the palm trees shown in the video cannot be identified, then it leads to only one logical conclusion.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
After seeing this video, I think that just about does it for me. Personally I don't think I can watch any other footage of a UFO and decide one way or another. And while this one is most certainly a hoax, its the best one there is.

Also, if it can be faked to look as good as this, hoaxers are now capable to do anything.

I think videos of this day and age with the technology available, while worthy of study, don't bring anything helpful to the phenomenon, they only derail it.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here's a pic of more similar palm trees, are they the same??
Well no, they are not!

www.germes-online.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No, look:

Shot at 2007-08-10

it matches, open your eyes.

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Great job kinda kurious. That should shut him off.

*heads off to work now*

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
im begining to think its a hoax....the way it passes the camera....that trust of the engines should atleast shake u or scare u....the girl was scared when she saw them.....but then begin recording them without any shaking of the camera....and recording them in theyr trail....not like the usual ufo videos when the recorder shakes tha camera like it had a stressed day or sometin

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
by the way your final matte image matches I dont know what your talking about.

For that to occur naturally is INSANE. You helped prove my point further thanks

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Just my .02¢

regards...kk

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Come on guys...

Here are some 400 UFO movies and every day new footage is being posted somewhere on the internet. And bear in mind all the documented CLOSE encounters of hundreds if not thousands of witnesses around the world. If the UFO thing is real and given the simple fact that everyone today runs around with video / mobile phone cams... it is simply just a matter of time, before we have solid proof high resolution evidence like the Haiti video. That's a fact.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
No, look:

Shot at

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Great job kinda kurious. That should shut him off.

*heads off to work now*

Matches what exactly???????
All you're showing is one picture, nothing else!!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
No, look:

Shot at 2007-08-10

Perhaps your eyes are wide shut. You simply can't overlay both images while they are the same value. i.e. black to black, white to white. The sublte variations will appear to morph visually to a single common object.

Do what I did. Make 1 White, the other Black. Then overlay, then use the various "Blend Modes". Poof....not an exact match mate.....Checkmate.

I really can't play with you too much longer. It's Friday after work and I got some serious drinking to do.

Regards...kk

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag

farm2.static.flickr.com...

Halo Comic

See anything familiar?

I think (thanks to promomag) this picture is being overlooked guys.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
cmon guis the ufos on the comic dosnt look like those one the video
the only thing incomin is theyr shape and all UFOS have this shape

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join