It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe the creator used one tree as a model for the other trees and changed them slightly? This would account for some of the differences.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One thing i noticed is if you look very carefully at the "Craft" that's being focused on in the start of the video. You will see what looks like a Graphic Glitch (Not sure on the technical name) happen a few times. It reminds me of what you see sometimes while playing a computer game.

1:

2:

Watch the clip again and focus on the front "opening" of the "craft" and you'll see what i mean hopefully.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

farm2.static.flickr.com...

Halo Comic

See anything familiar?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I dont need 50 because this is already enough! Besides its the only clear shot of
these 2.
Look I guess you dont know much about creating things in 3d..its common practice to clone objects that are complicated like this to save time, if you place them randomly/rotate a bit the human eye just would'nt notice..but it happens in this instance they made a mistake and put 2 of them in the same orientation (almost) side by side..thats what gives it away.

there's other signs too..the glow of the central orb is'nt consistent and shows some rendering errors at the start of the scene. But the tree here is the clincher, the odds of 2 tree's have the same config and on the same beach, and then photographed together is enormous!

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
wildone106, when you can put 50 numbers around the tree and say everything is 100% identical, then I'll believe you. Otherwise, you just fail as of right now. Basically, you are saying that whoever did this CGI was too lazy, so they made two identical trees. This not only goes against logic, it goes against reason. WHY MAKE A INCREDIBLY CONVINCING CGI ONLY TO BE LAZY LIKE THIS? It makes no sense.

I'm going to work. I expect this topic to be doubled in posts when I return. >_>

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Some trees that look similar but are not the same:

They look similar to the same extent as the ones do in the video. No more, no less.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
yes I brought this up quite a few pages ago..its a rendering glitch where the front edge of the craft occludes the 'glow' and the computer does'nt know what to do..so it cuts it off abrutply. Its happened in my own scenes too.

Originally posted by Skush
One thing i noticed is if you look very carefully at the "Craft" that's being focused on in the start of the video. You will see what looks like a Graphic Glitch (Not sure on the technical name) happen a few times. It reminds me of what you see sometimes while playing a computer game.

1:

2:

Watch the clip again and focus on the front "opening" of the "craft" and you'll see what i mean hopefully.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

1:

2:

Good point Skush, I'm on the fence about this one.

It looks too real to be fake, but then again it looks to fake to be real.

Get my point.....LOL???

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
HMMM super interesting I live in the Caribean and I was just looking outside my window and I have a bunch of palm trees.
The closest one (3 of them) from my garden They actually look almost identical even on the position of the leafs. Almost freaky.

Its an old picture but live they look even more the same.

Now I am not so sure its CGI

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I cant match up even 2 leaf's in those shots..

I got at least 4 or 5 on mine..

When I superimposed them the top segments matched 100%..look again

Shot at 2007-08-10

Shot at 2007-08-10

Originally posted by Donoso
Some trees that look similar but are not the same:

They look similar to the same extent as the ones do in the video. No more, no less.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildone106]

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Looks extremely fake to me. The first video from DR was better. Of course this second video just craped any chance of the maker having a successful hoax. The hoaxer got greedy and messed up. Thank god.

Something real will come out soon.

link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
My only problem with this video is the fact the it has so many pages of discussion about it. Only encourages things like this to keep happening, and the attention you all give it does nothing to further the cause or real ufology.

Aww cmon, where's your sense of fun! We are just people on a message board. We do not represent 'ufology'. There's no need for such a high horse. I'm sure GhostRaven never did a thing to harm 'ufology' either. This stuff is barely a blip on the reality radar. It does 'ufology' no harm to pick them apart for pages and pages. The truth is up to the reader. That's the great thing about the internet, we all have our own opinions and have the freedom to express them. Not be shut down 5 pages in by a killjoy cynic. The thrill of the hunt, 'tis the nature of these threads. Read, and be entertained!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by RiotComing]

link   

Originally posted by wildone106
yes I brought this up quite a few pages ago..its a rendering glitch where the front edge of the craft occludes the 'glow' and the computer does'nt know what to do..so it cuts it off abrutply. Its happened in my own scenes too.

Apologies wildone106. I must of missed that post.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Skush]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you can't match up 2 sections of the 3 images I showed you, you've truly got an agenda. There's an extremely high probability especially with palm trees to have leaves that look the same. To be realistic, they're not even matchable. The more I look at each of the images including the video ones, the less and less similar they look.

So, forget my posts they aren't similar at all, just like the video ones.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No thats cool Im sure it was lost in the noise! Keep lookin for more errors!

Originally posted by wildone106

Apologies wildone106. I must of missed that post.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Or the hydraulic alien space-arm was temporarily retracted to allow for better aerodynamics

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Your talking about similar, not the same! 2 tree's next to each other sure do look the same..but look at the details, I challenge you make a match as close as mine, they match 100%, shall I make a clearer image for you?

Originally posted by Donoso
If you can't match up 2 sections of the 3 images I showed you, you've truly got an agenda. There's an extremely high probability especially with palm trees to have leaves that look the same. To be realistic, they're not even matchable. The more I look at each of the images including the video ones, the less and less similar they look.

So, forget my posts they aren't similar at all, just like the video ones.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I like how at the end they make the camera go in and out of focus in an attempt to make it more realistic. But alas, this is not a mechanical lens focus, but was done in post.

If I were to model this (and I do cgi with Maya) I would use one or two palm tree models at the most. Rotate and position them and you would never know I repeated models. Plus, without getting nerdy technical here, the animation would cover up any other similarities unless on screen for a long time and being the center of attention. So fake trees or not, it's still nothing more than a good effects test.

Maybe some of you that think this stuff can't be done outside of hollywood should take a moment and surf the web. You will find thousands of people that do this from their desktops, with the same quality. Most things with this good quality are actually students going to school for it, and it ends up being a school assignment for them or something. All of them are usually short clips done for testing purposes. Sometimes they go and make them longer after their done since the already have the models and environment done. It's fun to play with, and fun for them to do so it's not as much of a "chore" as some tend to think.

The argument of "why would someone spend countless hours to produce a fake ufo video like this proves it's real" is a bad argument. Someone who is going to school for this, or is pretty savy at home would gladly spend "countless" hours playing around, like I said it's fun. And it probably was not done with the intention to fake people out or anything like that, but that's what it ended up doing anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
photos.igougo.com...

If anyone wants to compare palms, with the actual location, from what i have seen there are plenty of different types used at resorts in Punta Cana, as these photo's will show.

And no, none are near identical or even similar really.

By the way, i've ripped the clip, enhanced it (still pretty crummy) and slowed it down to over a minute and i still can't see any discrepancies apart from its missing every 5th or 6th frame, if anyone's got somewhere i can upload it to, if they want it, its a 378mb avi though.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
species of palms?cmon theyr just palms.

I hope your joking.

I have looked at every species of palm trees I could find but not all (there are several thousand). And I have not been able to find one species of palm tree that looks even remotely similar to whats shown on the video.

So unless someone can identify the species of palm trees in the video then the only logical alternative is that they are cgi created.

Arecaceae (sometimes known by the names Palmae or Palmaceae, although the latter name is taxonomically invalid.[1]), the Palm Family, is a family of flowering plants belonging to the monocot order, Arecales. There are roughly 202 currently known genera with around 2600 species,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
yea EXACTLY..what are the odds eh? What are the odds...

Shot at 2007-08-10

Originally posted by RancidCat
photos.igougo.com...

If anyone wants to compare palms, with the actual location, from what i have seen there are plenty of different types used at resorts in Punta Cana, as these photo's will show.

And no, none are near identical or even similar really.

By the way, i've ripped the clip, enhanced it (still pretty crummy) and slowed it down to over a minute and i still can't see any discrepancies apart from its missing every 5th or 6th frame, if anyone's got somewhere i can upload it to, if they want it, its a 378mb avi though.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join