Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

TERRORISM: Weapons Breach Alleged at London Airport

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A Sudanese man was arrested in London today for possession of ammunition. The man arrived in London on a Virginia Atlantic flight originating from Washington DC. Details on how the man was able to slip past security checks are not available at this time. The type and amount of ammunition are also currently not being disclosed.

AP

The 45-year-old man had arrived on a Virgin Atlantic flight from Washington D.C. and was in transit, a spokesman for London's Metropolitan Police said. He was arrested under Section 1 of the Firearms Act after passing through a security check, the spokesman said. He did not describe the suspected ammunition but said it was undergoing forensic tests.

With heightened security in the USA the question remains how did the man get past security checks in Washington DC.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
hahahahaha! I dont know about you guys but I have to laugh at this one. All the controls, Big Brother monitoring, people held for questioning because they carried a toothpick, now even color-coding of passengers, ALL THAT .... and a sudanese man gets on a plane with AMMUNITION. oh, man

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ammunition? Big f**king deal! I suppose we best get our own form of patriot act quick, before those bad men start throwing bullets at us.

"QUICK EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, THE GUY'S GOT BULLETS, NO GUN BUT HE CAN THROW THEM AT US".

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have to laugh about this one, too. With the US going on and on about the lax security in all these foriegn airports, a man flies from a us airport carrying ammo.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Ammunition? Big f**king deal! I suppose we best get our own form of patriot act quick, before those bad men start throwing bullets at us.

"QUICK EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, THE GUY'S GOT BULLETS, NO GUN BUT HE CAN THROW THEM AT US".

The "bif f**cking deal" is that A: He managed to bypass what are (supposedly) the most stringent US security procedures EVER, and B, next time it may not just be bullets. A firearm can be taken apart into small pieces.
The 'bif f**cking deal' is that he managed this atall in the current climate.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

One other quick point. What weaponry did the 9/11 hijackers have? Box cutters! BIG F**KING DEAL EH?

top topics

join