It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of spider can cause a bite this nasty?!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i sliced the section between my thumb and finger and watched in awe as the white turned to red meat. However i did not cry and and just taped my thumb to my hand and after about a week i was fine. Point is everybody reacts differently.

And that video was GROSS!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I got bit by a brown recluse once, in a dirt basement when I worked as an electricians helper. It felt at first like someone had punched the crap out of me in my upper arm, then it bruised a deep purple bruise and swelled to the size of a small apple. There was a lot of pain, as the weeks passed many layers of skin began wearing away, it was very ugly and took a couple months to go away.

Nothing popped out of it, although my boyfriend at the time kept telling me that baby spiders were going to hatch out of my arm, gross. I have not idea what would cause that kind of disgusting mess, but I suspect it is a hoax, at least I sure want to believe it is a hoax, that was nasty.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A lot of time with a boil or abscess there is a core and it will look like a flat worm.

I have open my share of abscess on livestock and I've open a boil on a childs foot, this had a core that I thought was a worm. Fricken' nasty!

I thought a Brown Recluse bit just rotted the flesh and didn't abscess. I don't know for sure.

Roper

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I got bit by a brown recluse one time, but got treatment right after, and was ok. However my friend got bit by one and didn't know until it was too late, and I have to say it was quite unfortunate. He waited a week to get medical treatment, and he said that they used an ice cream scoop to scoop out the part of his leg that had "necrosis". I saw it before, and it looked like a brownish softball sized zit on his leg. The next day he had a softball sized cave in his leg. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.

By the way I live in New Mexico, but I believe they are common in all 50 states, I don't know about other countries, but I would bet Canada and Mexico too.

FYI the bite can re-appear on other places of the body months or years later. Also if it appears on your head, it can kill you by causing "necrosis of the brain".

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
after flipping through some newssites, i checked out some latest ATS posts while getting ready for breakfast. Real or not, i decided to wait untill lunch to eat something after watching this. Please add an *extrememy gross!* warning next time.

thanks,
mr. Jones

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i have no clue as to what caused that nasty little bite, but whatever did it has succeeded in nearly making me throw up my recently consumed snack...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
eww I was gonna say it's a absess but its still going on.... I don't think anyone in their right mind would be standing with such a serious infection. I say its faked.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just to let you know, I ate chicken and a nice assortment of vegetables tonight, and they almost came out the entrance, if you know what I mean.

That was absolutely vile.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here are some websites showing Brown Recluse spider bites that yall might be interested in:

urbanlegends.about.com...

www.lib.uiowa.edu...

this one is particularly gruesome (fair warning)

www.snopes.com...

Enjoy :-)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I will have to vote 'boil' on the dude's chin. My sister and i both have had experiences like that with boils. She had one on her leg, and i had one on my shoulder. They leave scars. The part that comes out of the center, that looks like a worm, or parasite, is called, the 'core.' It is very painful, and will bring a tear to your eye, but generally doesn't require medical attention.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Working in an ER I have seen things like this plenty of times so I don't think that these were faked. As to what caused it, it could have been an insect bite but as other have said, it could also be from an infected follicle that lead to a huge boil.

And yes, people are that stupid to wait until something is that bad before doing anything about. I remember a guy I took care of that was forced to come in by his neighbor because he had let an infected lower molar go so long that his entire neck was huge swollen. When the Dr. opened his neck up a little bit, pus just sprayed all over the place and the smell was horrible. It was bad but what really made it worse was the guys I was working with getting crackers and pretending to eat the pus out of the bowl.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
That statement was worse than any of the pictures i've seen so far. thanx for the image.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Perhaps this should be in the survival section, but I have a good home remedy for being bitten by a brown recluse. Living along the Ark/Okl border we have a lot of those rascals. and I have personally been bitten twice in the last few years.

When bitten, there is no pain, and a person my not even notice the tiny red mark. But a clear blister will form. If you live in an area with these critters, you learn to watch for blisters, especially if they are in a place where you wouldn't expect one to form.

Cut the skin off around the entire raised portion of the blister and wash the area with antiseptic soap. Then take a raw potato and mash it real fine. Mix the potato with Epsom Salt, which can be gotten at any drug store. (We keep this on hand in the medicine cabinet.)

Apply this mixture over the area of the bite where the skin was removed from the blister and cover it with a clean gauze bandage. Change this poltice out every three hours for the first day, and then every four to five hours for the next two days.

The potato and Epsom Salt will "draw" the venom out instead of letting it eat into the flesh. Untreated, a brown recluse bite can become bad enough to require amputation, so by all means see a doctor.

I am furnishing this "folk remedy" method only because I was at least a 12 hour hike from a road when I was bitten the first time, and was lucky to have the Salt as I carry it in case of a sprained ankle, and the potato was part of my camping larder.

I am NOT recommending this in place of seeing a doctor. But unless you go straight to a doctor after being bitten, even their drugs and ointments and shots can leave you with a nasty infection and a big hole in your flesh. The sooner you start drawing this venom out, the better.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sick video! Love it... A brown recluse can harm you like this big time. Look out they like sleeping with you in the dark.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
thanks, i'll sleep much better since you said that.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is possibly one of the most disgusting threads I've come across...Not only the videos, but some of the comments too. Give us some kind of warning next time, ok?

JAK

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Please note the content of the initial post has now been edited to include the following note of caution:

WARNING: Videos contain graphic content which may be unsuitable for the squeamish.

Apologies to those who found the images distressing.

Jak

[edit on 10/8/07 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
There's one little difference between the two though.
The girl has this little lump of ''worm'' in her head.

The guy looks like he got diarrhea on his chin, just look at how it's drooping out there lol. (The droop leads me to believe that this isn't a parasite).

Talking about parasite, I know of this one that's a sort of maggot that instead of eating dead tissue, eats living tissue

A woman was infected once and it was eating her insides lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
It was bad but what really made it worse was the guys I was working with getting crackers and pretending to eat the pus out of the bowl.

Sounds like something I would do.

I'm guessing boil on the first video.I had one on my hip when I was younger and it looked like that when I drained it.This guy sure took it better than I did.I kept having to talk myself into squeezing it more it hurt so bad.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Doesn't look like brown recluse to me.

I'm going with "FAKE."

The girl cracks a bit of a smile towards the end of her clip. I'm sorry, but I believe ripping rotting flesh out of your own face would hurt like a MoFo. Probably wouldn't be smiling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join