It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One billion Muslims to turn into suicide bombers if Makkah, Madina are attacked: NA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Excuse me but Mecca and Medina are the religious focus of Muslims world wide to which they are urged to make a pilgrimage to at least once in their lives. They are the holiest sites in the Muslim world followed only by Jeusalem. The holy cities in Iraq are for Shiia but Mecca and Medina are holy for ALL Muslims and to attack them would spark a world war.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My first reply here and I'm saddened that it should be because I've been so shocked by the type of response this thread has received.

I think that there needs to be some clarification of Mecca as a holy site. Christians should be worried too if Mecca is attacked as it is supposed to be the place where Adam (of Adam and Eve fame) went to learn to pray. God sent Gabriel to guide Adam there after he fell from grace. As such, Mecca is a significant religious site for both Muslims and Christians or indeed any of the 'Abrahamic' religion or Creationist followers and an attack on Mecca would be an afront to all peoples, not just by followers of Islam.

An attack on Mecca would serve no purpose other than to stir up more religious tension and is a ridiculous idea, as is the notion that one billion muslims would become suicide bombers.

I would respectfully suggest that a few people here spend a little more time educating themselves and a little less time waving their firearms about. Swords into ploughshares people.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by cogger74]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Wow, first, I don't think anyone's gonna bomb either of these places.

Second, I'm not a Muslim, but I have faith in my brothers and sisters who are. The fanatics that perpetrate these suicide bombings are no more Muslim than I am, and are shunned by true Muslims. It's a beautiful belief system, as is any other (IMO, they're all valid and deserve equal respect), and it's sad that the hard-line fanatics and fundamentalists have perverted and twisted it.

Fanatics have permeated every belief system. It's not hard to find a fanatical Christian, or even Atheist, and they're all equally rotten in my book.

We've got to respect each others beliefs. Through tolerance, we achieve unity.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just noodling a bit here. Trying to tie some ends together. There was a movie a few years back, I don't remember the title, starring Tony Shaloub, and Bruce Willis that was basically this whole premise. Does anyone, beside me, recall the use of the camps, ala WWII and the American born Japanese?

Does anyone here remember all the "conspiracy hooplah" about currently idle prison camps in various places in the US? Does anyone, further, remember the "conspiracy hooplah" about the train cars full of shackles, leg irons, and such?

After reading some of the responses in this thread... Does anyone believe it could not happen again?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Does anyone, beside me, recall the use of the camps, ala WWII and the American born Japanese?

Does anyone here remember all the "conspiracy hooplah" about currently idle prison camps in various places in the US? Does anyone, further, remember the "conspiracy hooplah" about the train cars full of shackles, leg irons, and such?

After reading some of the responses in this thread... Does anyone believe it could not happen again?

Here is a snippet from my myspace blog connecting Guantanamo and the Japanese Internment;

Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia about the Japanese internment:

Japanese American Internment was the forced removal of approximately 120,000 Japanese and Japanese Americans (62 percent of whom were United States citizens)[1][2] from the West Coast of the United States during World War II. While approximately 10,000 were able to relocate to other parts of the country, the remainder – roughly 110,000 men, women and children – were sent to hastily constructed camps called "War Relocation Centers" in remote portions of the nation's interior.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt authorized the internment with Executive Order 9066, which allowed local military commanders to designate "military areas" as "exclusion zones", from which "any or all persons may be excluded." This power was used to declare that all people of Japanese ancestry were excluded from the entire Pacific coast, including all of California and most of Oregon and Washington, except for those in internment camps.[3] In 1944, the Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the exclusion, removal, and detention, arguing that it is permissible to curtail the civil rights of a racial group when there is a "pressing public necessity."[4]

Everyone has heard or read the Diary of Anne Frank. We are very familiar with the atrocites of the Holocaust caused by the Germans against the Jews. But have you heard of or read "Farewell to Manzanaar"? It is the Diary of a Japanese girl in a concentration camp in California. Not on the same level as the Holocaust of course, nothing is. But it wasn't a day at Disneyland either. Funny how this ugly part of American history is always skipped over. So much so that many Americans don't kow that we even did it.
The Phoenix zoo sits on a site that was a prison camp for U-boat captains. It has been claimed that Adolf Hitler got the ideas of concentration camps from the way Americans rounded up the native Americans and put them on reservations.
Even Joe Dimaggio's parents were arrested and had all their belongings confiscated for the simple fact they were Italian.

It is funny how history repeats itself. The scandal of Guatemala carries on. But here is an excerpt I have found from Wikipedia:

In addition 2,210 persons of Japanese ancestry taken from 12 Latin American countries by the U.S. State and Justice Departments were held at the Department of Justice Camps. Approximately 1,800 were Japanese Peruvians. The rumor persists that the United States intended to use them in hostage exchanges with Japan, but there is no historical evidence that this was ever the plan. There was a program to repatriate Americans (civilian and POW) and Japanese nationals, but this was ended after reports by international observers described the treatment given to internees."

And Americans wonder why the American Muslims are nervous.

Why hasn't the media made this connection before? The fact that the American government has a history of detaining people against their will.

Probably it is hard to read between the lines of January Snowstorms in Colorado and terrorism terrorism terrorism. Many were worried that these Japanese, who were everyday American citizens, were terrorists too.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady of the Lake

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
What happened to compassion and understanding.

I think they killed eachother in one of those murder suicide things XD. But seriously yeah wanting to see a billion of any living creature dead is pretty screwed up in my book. (and im an Odinist)

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Interesting piece of info, wrangell76. Now the suicide bomber count stands at five million (Iran per CBS 60 Min Interview w/ their Pres).
And one billion (Pakistan National Assembly folks), according to the article you have posted.

Crazy world with crazies running Countries with and soon with nuclear weapons. The article also mentions their fearing control problems with the security of their nucs -- they must be receiving council from Russian security people on loose nuc storage & security.

It's precisely that type of extremist posture which solidifies opinions of 'free' Nations against proliferation of WMD in Countries where officials make such bold and dangerous statements. I feel it also strengthens Military argument for preemptive action, not hard to understand.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see...

Talk about "crazies", here we have a candidate for the highest office in a country that already has 10,000+ nuclear bombs threatening to drop them on two cities full of innocent civilians...

It seems to me it might tempt someone to make a preemptive strike - against us. Because we're as crazy as any of the other crazies on the planet, just much better-armed.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
A couple things about Tancredo - the Congressman from Littleton, Colorado, now running for Pres of the USA:

www.tomtancredo.org...

and

The 10 Worst Congressmen Rolling Stone, 2006
www.rollingstone.com...

Based on these and other reports, it seems he's certainly not a shoe-in and has made Rolling Stone's top 10 list of the wort Congressmen before he announced his candidacy. All in all does he have prayer of winning the nomination or be asked to join the party of the successful nominee?, no I think not.

So the whole deal re his comment to a group of 30 people has been blown-up to look like a major incident in places such as Pakistan.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas

The Republicans do have a bad habit of electing representatives and congressmen that border on rabid, Tom Delay and Rick Sanitarium come immediately to mind, and some, such as Virgil Goode from the Virginia district just south of me really need to start taking the shots.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
@ MrJackDaw

Why not 1,000,000,000 ? I mean Back at "pearl Harbour" the Japanese were kamikazee, they felt that if they are going to die why not now and why not take down as many A holes with them as they can. Death is inevetable, so why not make it worth while?

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Subtract children and women and it will be less than 1 billion suicide bombers.

Children are easily manipulated. If the people they love and care about and look up to ex: mom, dad, brothers, persuade them that it is the right thing to do, then you must include the women and children also.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
first off i have to say that is the most retarded thing i have heard in awhile.
like some other person said on here that would basicaly mean the destruction of a entire religion. if somebody really wanted to harm the us all they have to do is use there imagination with some science and hell you could destroy the us without losing a billion muslims, hell not even a thousand muslims,lol. but yeah that is retarded what they said

reply to post by wrangell76

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I recommend anyone who reads this forum pick up a book called America Alone by a guy named Mark Steyn. Read that and you'll realize that suicide bombers, 1 billion or not, are the least of your worries.

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Zenagain]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nemesiswes

Welcome to ATS nemesiswes!!

Just a friendly heads up bud; we would all appreciate it if, when you address people on here, that you please do so with some respect. Just calling someone retarded for having an opinion isn't exactly fair. They have their right to say what they think here, so long as they do so in a positive, non-offending way. To call them retarded is detrimental to them, as well as the site in general.

I just humbly request that you please refrain from calling someone names here. It reflects poorly on all of us when someone does this.

Once again, welcome!! I hope your future tenure here is productive. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me or any mod.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join