It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One billion Muslims to turn into suicide bombers if Makkah, Madina are attacked: NA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

One billion Muslims to turn into suicide bombers if Makkah, Madina are attacked: NA

paktribune.com

ISLAMABAD: The treasury and opposition members in National Assembly (NA) Wednesday have made it clear on US that one billion Muslims will turn into suicide bombers if the holiest places of Makkah and Madina are attacked and warned Vetican City will not remain secure if any such threat is materialized.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just found this article a few minutes ago...I am pretty sure the Pakistan Tribune is a reliable source...

Note: It looks like this article was translated into English so there are some grammatical errors...

paktribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
One billion?

Isn't that a tad dramatic? The world contains 6.5 billion (and counting) people. I'm actually not sure what the exact number of Muslims in the world is -- but I'm almost certain that there aren't one billion fanatics willing to turn into suicide bombers, no matter the circumstances.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Jackdaw
One billion?

Isn't that a tad dramatic? The world contains 6.5 billion (and counting) people. I'm actually not sure what the exact number of Muslims in the world is -- but I'm almost certain that there aren't one billion fanatics willing to turn into suicide bombers, no matter the circumstances.

Here is a website I just pulled the Muslim statistical info below from:

Link-islam.about.com...

Distribution of Muslims
Africa 308,660,000 27.4%
Asia 778,362,000 69.1%
Europe 32,032,000 2.8%
Latin America 1,356,000 0.1%
North America 5,530,000 0.5%
Oceania 385,000 0.0%
World 1,126,325,000 100%

So there are well over 1 billion Muslims worldwide.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by wrangell76]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My post wasn't a direct reference to you - and I apologize for not clarifying. I did look at your link before I wrote anything - but I still think it is a bit dramatic.

To illustrate, I found a couple of (dated) articles concerning the population of Muslims in the world. Most estimates put the total (world) population of Muslims at slightly over one billion.

Link 1
www.adherents.com...
islam.about.com...
www.religioustolerance.org...

It's been at least 6 years since the publication of some of these articles. Nonetheless, it makes for interesting thinking; if we assume that the World's Muslim population doubled in the last six years, a reasonable estimate would still place them at slightly over two billion, including those that may have since stopped going to the mosque or even completely dropped their religion. And half of these are to turn into suicide bombers?

It wouldn't just be a suicide of individuals: It could very well serve as the death of an entire religion.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Mr Jackdaw] It has been incredibly difficult to get that first link re-posted here.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Subtract children and women and it will be less than 1 billion suicide bombers.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And I doubt every Muslim would go along with that...

I guess those kind of threats are all they can do though. They're not exactly going to threaten to kick the USA's ass in a war are they?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This is the most stupidest thing Ive read, Ill leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i am sitting here scartching my head

if someone declared war on all us muslims
why would i blow my self up? granted i would be pissed off big time
i would just go oh fudge bloody cowboys, if any of my family were harmed it would be diffrent but suicide bombing, that wouldnt suit me, since i doubt the belts would match my jeans or shoes.

and i doubt i would be able to do anything. if the US should Nuke mecca
the only thing it should be worried about is small nukes going off in the US
since there are hundreds of nukes still unacounted for from the soviot days,

and if its easy to smuggle ones self into a country the size of the US a few nukes would be easy.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Subtract children and women and it will be less than 1 billion suicide bombers.

Why would you subtract women and children? These are the type of people that would be proud to blow up their children.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Why would you subtract women and children? These are the type of people that would be proud to blow up their children.

and why would that be?
oh forgot your one of the chaps on here who puts all people together

as you were

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i am sitting here scartching my head

if someone declared war on all us muslims
why would i blow my self up? granted i would be pissed off big time
i would just go oh fudge bloody cowboys, if any of my family were harmed it would be diffrent but suicide bombing, that wouldnt suit me, since i doubt the belts would match my jeans or shoes.

and i doubt i would be able to do anything. if the US should Nuke mecca
the only thing it should be worried about is small nukes going off in the US
since there are hundreds of nukes still unacounted for from the soviot days,

and if its easy to smuggle ones self into a country the size of the US a few nukes would be easy.

Yeah, I swear sucide is against Islam!? What that article said in my opinion is very offensive to us muslims. Ive always found the whole sucide thing VERY dumb. These terrorists arent muslims, they are CRAZY people brainwashed by leaders who use religion for their political gains.

1 Billion muslims? more like ZERO, because anyone who blows themself up, and kills innocent people are NOT muslims in my opinion.

And if such a attack happened, proper muslims would do it like anyone else, attack the bad guys, not civillians.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

That is a dangerous and unfair assessment to make, my friend. Muslims are not barbarians. Fanatics may certainly act in barbarous ways, but fanatics are not limited to the Muslim religion alone. Tomas de Torquemada was not Muslim

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anyone know cost of suppling one billion suicide bombers? Yeah, its very unlikely that a mass uprising of that scale will ever happen, even if mecca was nuked. The person who made that threat is he Pakistanian, because I can see where hes coming from.

But I do sense a massive religious conflict in the near future. Muslim's anger seems to grow every year.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
yea i also disagree with the figures.
ok so saying that there are one billion muslims in the world, doesn't necessarily mean that they are 'practice-ing'. not to mention some people just aren't into committing suicide no matter what allah promised.
also, there are muslims with no means to actually conjure up a bomb needed.
not to mention just because they are muslim doesnt mean everyone one of them worships this medina place(which many have probably never even beeen to).

yea i just can't see it happening, at least not a billion.
i mean could you imagine the planning that would be needed for such an event.

not to mention who's going to be the one counting them all?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BostonOrange

But I do sense a massive religious conflict in the near future. Muslim's anger seems to grow every year.

Im not getting angrier? nobody I know is? I do see many people getting angry and annoyed with these terrorist BS all the time, its affecting muslims daily lives. Thats all the anger I see.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Is this guy the Islamic Pat Robertson? I also read this article and found that yes, if there was a call to arms about an attack that there would be a large number. I think if we turned Mecca into glass after a major terror attack, we would be asking for it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Yeah, I swear sucide is against Islam!? What that article said in my opinion is very offensive to us muslims. Ive always found the whole sucide thing VERY dumb. These terrorists arent muslims, they are CRAZY people brainwashed by leaders who use religion for their political gains.

1 Billion muslims? more like ZERO, because anyone who blows themself up, and kills innocent people are NOT muslims in my opinion.

And if such a attack happened, proper muslims would do it like anyone else, attack the bad guys, not civillians.

yes it is
Suicide is forbidden and higher off all is harming anyone that hasnt done anything

and also attacking bystanders

"Who so ever kills a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and who so ever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind," (Chapter 5: Verse 32).

The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) said, "The greatest sins are to associate something with God and to kill human beings."

Even in times of war, Muslims are not allowed to kill anybody save the one who is indulged in face-to-face confrontation with them. They are not allowed to kill women, old people, children, or even a monk in his religious seclusion. The Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) instructed the Muslims to not harm any tree or destroy any crop. He also instructed them to not kill any enemy soldier who is not carrying a weapon

www.iscponline.net...

granted there are muslims out there that will use this an excuse for sucide bombings but thats just their deranged way of reacting

and the 1 billion is a JOKE

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet

not to mention some people just aren't into committing suicide no matter what allah promised.

Here is where a lot of people get confused. Allah hasnt promised anything good for comitting suicide, actually its agaisnt islam. Its also very very dumb, haha.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
DELETE POST

[edit on 8/9/2007 by damajikninja]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join