It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Iron mass discovered buried in Italy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystr

Originally posted by malakiem
Does anyone on here speak italian? I tried googling it and couldn't find anything

It's me.

Do you know anything else about this mystr? I would love to know more about this, it would be cool if the ancients really did use electomagnets in the past. I would like to know if there's any more tidbits, hope i'm not asking to much........

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
Do you know anything else about this mystr? I would love to know more about this, it would be cool if the ancients really did use electomagnets in the past. I would like to know if there's any more tidbits, hope i'm not asking to much........

Actually this is all. I'm waiting for news too.

Let's see...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm having a friend who reads and understands italian translate it on msn messenger for me. Will post when he is done
Just in case google translator didn't catch some things as usual.

They uncovered
"A mysterious mass", three meters undergound, on a hill to 2 KM from Roccatederighi...

An extraordinary finding, of whom in country speaks quietly and on which come made complex hypothesis, some really evocative. Now on the event they investigate the military policemen of the local station, c' is a' informative to the Attorney's office of the Republic of Grosseto and from last night officially some case was invested also the first citizen of the Commune...

Of Roccastrada, Leonardo Marras...

Surprised. The milanese tourist does lever on the relations of good neighborhoods and asks to be able "to trespass", with his inquiries, in the ground of a neighbor. And here it emerges (it is done to say) something of inconceivable. Certainly not, dell' water not c' is track. Underground, between the three and the five meters of depth, it is individualized instead a mass ferrosa (has been long beyond twenty meters, wide four). In section it has a weird shape. It remembers a large means, a platform, perhaps an armored. "Ever seen nothing of fellow - confessed immediately the geologist to the commitente - is a material to high electric conducibilità, from the moderate shape. Ditemi you does I should do".

A mystery. The searches stop. Better a pause of reflection. In the meanwhile the two proprietors consult themselves, show the cards to another geologist, ask the delivery of the silence and to the end choose to delay. But the curiosity, it is known, is a difficult engine to put out. They speak of it, with the you connect and with the University, the geologists involved. It speaks of it, in country, the proprietor of the ground. The news is of those that light the fantasy, that awaken old stories, ever definitive filed. The elderly perhaps can offer an explanation. No, unfortunately the elderly have not idea of thing is buried under that hill.

Reactions. They are the geologists, in this event, to have a central role. Not only possiedono the cards where it is picked this anomaly, but also the tools to deepen, to give answered clearer, without to dig, without to do too toil. But to the geologists was asked for not to speak, of to put us a stone above. When, to the telephone, we contact the discoverer of the mysterious mass before minimizes, then is suspicious us from the to cite places and names. Finally it is appealed to the privacy and threat the recourse to the legal roads. It says that a lawyer it will be revolted: "It not the publicity on the newspapers interests me. I am arranged to speak alone with the military policemen". And so it will do.

The confirmations. The second geologist involved knows the territory, but saw only some cards. is cautious, and yet confirmation, without shadow of doubt, that "underground, in that property, is something that would not have to be us". It confirms also the nature of the material: a metal, a driver. It excludes, for the dimensions, that it a carroarmato is about. It advises, wise, of not to do hypothesis risked and of to invest some discovery the competent authority. The before aimed, updated to last night, it ends here. (01 August 2007)

Don't know if it helps but, I hope so.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Eliza è Angelo]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Cool, what kind of equipment can be used to detect weak Tesla fields?
Is a simple electronic compass usable?

Are there detailed location maps available?

Since I have holidays, and the spot "Roccatederighi" in Italy is just about 12 hours drive from my place, I might start a small expedition, if I have a chance to find it, and if I can take some measurements.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
43° 01' 49.67" N
11° 04' 55.97" E

This seems to be the location. But i don't think if it's the exact position of the hill were the object is buried.

Anyway it seems sure that on august 21 there will be other studies on the object.

If you go to www.flashearth.com... , selecting "microsoft ve" and putting the coordinates in the search box in this form: 43° 01' 49.67" N 11° 04' 55.97" E you'll get the location.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by mystr]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I find it strange that noone else have suggested the two most normal finds all over europe.

1. a bunker from WW2 (this was mentioned) altogh I don't know if having a bunker there would be of any use...

2. a burial mound. Being 3 meters under dirth this is probably it. All over europe one can find hills of earth/rock and often they are/were the graves of a long forgotten chieftan or other. Maybe the real grave of Romulus and Remus (the first settlers/funders of Rome) is finnaly found?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by osaitax
Cool, what kind of equipment can be used to detect weak Tesla fields?

Um, it isn't a "Tesla field", "Tesla" is the name of the SI unit for magnetic flux density. Sort of like "Volt" being used as the SI unit for electric potential.

A 7.5uT field difference might cause a small deflection of a compass. While it sounds from the article as if they were using nothing more than a metal detector, they might have used a portable fluxgate magnetometer, or more likely, a gradiometer assembly.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"underground, in that property, is something that would not have to be us".

Seems like they've already decided that it is apparently "not of us"

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It all still seems eerie, even my friend saw it was "strange" when I had him translate it... Since he said it was just...Recently when I had him translate it, told me to keep him informed on other things that would pop up. So if anything new comes about just send it my way and I'll have him translate it.

No more Google translation

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
img167.imageshack.us...

it seems that Y scale values are meters, regarding above sea level altitude of the location.

The X scale is meters too.

So it seems the objext is 25 meters long and more than 10 meters high.

It's HUGE.... whatever it is. Largeness is unknown.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by mystr]

[Mod Edit: ATTN: Image Size Guidelines - Jak]

[edit on 16/8/07 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Piero Pecoraro, the scientist that actually is managing the operations around the object said, on august 7th, it should be a meteorite (a meteor crater has been found at dozen of meters (1 meter = 3.280 feet).

In this case, the object isn't less than 50.000 years old.
This scientist said too it will be better to get a sample of the object before bring it to light.
When asked if he finds strange that a meteorite is so regularly shaped, he answered "In fact, the majority of the meteorites which crashes are irregularly shaped".

Is really strange , beyond the shape and the size (strange by himselfs), the high level of magnetism that have been detected.

When told:
"Some rumors says that down there could be an UFO"
he answered:

"In fact the science is always skeptikal when someone thalks of such things. But the science knows too that there is an unexplainable part of the phenomenas."

Access is strictly forbidden 24/24, officially because "someone tried to dig there..."
It seems this scientist won't say much about.
Is confirmed that on august 21 we'll know something more.
On august 20th the journal will be updated with the results of the analisys, on 21th the firefighters will investigate the area with a geiger counter.

[edit on 17/8/2007 by internos]

[edit on 17/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hello guys,
I've found some possible explanation of that strange discovery,
i'm from Italy and the site where is Roccatederighi is near from
"Colline Metallifere" in english "Metalliferous hills" . The Metalliferous Hills are the wilder part of the Province of Grosseto. Notes since the time of the Etruschi (anciet population of this area) for the mineral presence of iron, branch, lead and zinc and talc, these heights on the border with the territories of Livorno and Siena conserve a lot of open mines or in abandonment.
Roccatederighi is also known for the lager camp established during WW2,
and for the presence of "Partigiani" Italian rebels against fascism.

Here tha website in Italian that describe the "Colline Metallifere"
www.vivigrosseto.it...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jollyz
Hello guys,
I've found some possible explanation ...

One of us should contact the journalist who has written the article
because much things are still not clear,
even in italian version of the article.
Some articles says its 25 meters long, some others max 20,
etcetera and many other informations are missing.
I edited the original image but IMO still it isn't clear

Someone even claims it could be a piling block!
There are just the useless interview i quoted
(better than nothing, i hope) and other unhelpful interviews to the
people living there, who knows nothing about the object.

I've already read three articles and now i know LESS
than before reading them.

"When they arrived to the place, the magnetometer
hasn't detected significant anomalies:
After almost half an hour, the values
suddenly has changed:
far away from the object it detected values
higher than 20/25 microtesla:
in the vertical of the object the magnetometer
has detected a value of 39 microtesla.
After some seconds, suddenly, the values returned
to 0,1 microtesla."

I hope it
could be useful to someone else here.
As said, on monday the firefighters will
perform a verification with a geiger counter.
The website i'm quoting is the same in which someone
else has found the pic of the object:
CUN Lazio

[edit on 18/8/2007 by internos]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, it's Thursday; is there any further news on this object? It seems to have fallen quiet here.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Jackdaw

I got some news about Roccatederighi.
The "Iron mass" has been found to be an "argillite mass".
It has been reported by a local TV, TV9 Italia
www.tv9italia.it...

Argillite" may also refer to Argillite, Kentucky.
An argillite is a fine-grained sedimentary rock composed predominantly of indurated clay particles. Argillites are basically lithified muds and oozes. They contain variable amounts of silt-sized particles. The argillites grade into shale when the fissile layering typical of shale is developed. Another name for poorly lithified argillites is mudstone. These rocks, although variable in composition, are typically high in aluminium and silica with variable alkali and alkaline earth cations. The term pelitic or pelite is often applied to these sediments and rocks. Metamorphism of argillites produces slate, phyllite, and pelitic schist.
The Haida carvings of Queen Charlotte Islands along the coast of British Columbia are notable aboriginal art treasures created from variably colored argillites.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...
A video of the place where the mass has been found:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, I wasn't too far off saying it might be a black sand deposit.

Black sand is conductive, magnetic, and accumulates around metallic ores, only it's igneous in origin instead of sedimentary like argillite.

I've never run into argillite that I know of, but black sand does similar things: it produces a magnetic field, it trips off metal detectors, it looks larger than it is to a magnetometer and it's worthless. Although at least black sand tells you some good metal ores may be nearby.

There's many a way to fool a magnetometer or metal detector.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In mean time there is some more info about this?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join