It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Photography Censorship Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How much information does NASA withhold from the public?

Do they also withhold pictures?

I have heard several times that they "doctor" or "clean up" pictures before public launch.. is this true?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
IMO, there is an entire cadre of NASA employed & contracted staff whose sole mission is to "vet" and, to any extent necessary, sanitize everything that is, was, or will ever potentially be, made public.

Further, there is likely another group that does the same for everything that is simply shared internally and never intended for public consumption.

For other than the obvious reasons (hide the truths, if any), this procedure ensures that anything that might even in the slightest way be mistakenly construed as an anomaly is removed. Why? So NASA then won't have to deal with it, extend precious resources on it, or be drawn into any controversy that distracts them from their "scientific" pursuits.

How much info do they withhold? I don't think it's possible to guess - that's like asking, "...how much does the CIA know about "x"?"

Do they withhold pictures? My guess is that photography, both stills and video, because it is clearly the most visible of the remotely sensed media they obtain, is the strongest recipient of the in-depth and quite thorough sanitizing operation.

The most laughable thing of all is that when they are queried by the media or the public they spit out a stock form letter stating that they have no policy and no interest in anything having to do with ufo's. How ludicrous is that? The largest, most experienced, highest funded "aeronautics and space" organization on our planet has "no interest" in what could be the most profound revelations having to do with space and aeronautical phenomenon known to humanity. How reassuring...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Have you seen this video yet? It's really long, but excellent. It answers your question.

UFO-The Greatest Story Ever Denied

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have actually but haven't in a while thanks for the post!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
See, this is my problem with the entire idea. Peopel claim they censor or doctor lots of images. But then those same people will find images with what they declare are "obvious" aliens or UFOs or fossile or whatever. So apparently, NASA only doctors *some* of it's photos, and really doesn't seem to have much logic behid what they do and don't change. I mean, go into John Lear's playground, they're finding old factories and spaceports and monkeys in nearly every picture possible. Which means that if there is some overall policy of doctoring photos to get rid of "the truth", it is almost randomly applied. "We'll hide this flying saucer, but we'll elt that old antimatter factory stay in."

Now, I wouldn't be suprised if NASA "doctored" photos to give a sort of "best guess" at what an out-of-focus area looks like or to clean up a bad alignment job on those awesome panoramas they give us.

new topics

top topics

join