It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creeped Out Big Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yesterday, my wife called me, and said "Lombozo, you should see the speed trap they have set up on our street! There must be 10 police cruisers on the street."
Frankly, I didn't really think that much of it.
So I get home a couple hours later, and there were no police cars. I had completely forgotten about our earlier conversation.
Anyway, I cook up some burgers and dogs for Supper. We sit down to eat, and my neighbor comes over. He and I often will sit and BS about nothing in particular over a couple of cold ones. So he comes in, and says "Can you believe it?"
We had no clue what he was talking about.
Long story short, A husband smothered his wife with a pillow yesterday. All 3 of the kids were home at the time. The thing that's so creepy, aside from the obvious, is it happened 6 houses down from me. Same side of the street and everything. Literally 6 houses down from where my family lives. I haven't been in the house for very long, and never got to know them at all. I take some solice in that it wasn't a random murder, but it still creeps me out.
I just don't get it. How could you murder you're spouse. If you're that unhappy, then just leave. I've been madder at my wife than I've been at anybody at times, but I can HONESTLY say that the thought of getting physical with her never even crosses my mind. Strange world.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I can't see how anyone can murder their spouse. I mean if it was that bad just pack your bags and leave!

There are 2 types of people in this world, good and evil. I don't think there is any inbetween. Killing someone wouldnt even pass our minds, but for some people it "isn't a big deal". I think its something that the good people could never even comprehend.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Lombozo, I have never understood actions such as this.. This is an occurrence that has happened several times in my hometown. We had a friend who, well, he was never convicted, but I am fairly certain that he did, killed his girlfriend. Our family never really knew how to treat him after this.

He always claimed it was an accident. But, how do you "accidentally" run over someone who is sitting in the middle of the road? It just never made sense to us.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yes, I do not understand either. It does make sense if you are that unhappy they should just leave. Even if they hate their spouse or find them horrible, there is really no excuse. They are cowards and are evil. I also would be creeped out. Sorry to hear it happened so close to home.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by paigcal]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
That is seriously creepy.

You know my history with my ex. Men that do things like this are controlling and not quite normal in the head. I'd bet the wife was either psychologically or physically battered for some time before this happened. She may even have been getting ready to leave him -- if a woman's been badly abused and tries to leave, it's the most dangerous time for her.

makes me glad I got out. Even if the court bull is still going strong.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thats tragic, and when children are involved it can often end up being worse in those sorts of situations, they will often take the childrens lives and their own as well.
How are those poor kids going to deal with that for the rest of their lives. :sad:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I agree completely, Lombozo.

I had a similarly disturbing event take place when i was in college. I lived on a row of houses, just like on any other campus. All of the neighbors were acquaintedand enjoyed each others company. One night, one of the kids that lived 3 doors down had an arguement with his girlfriend. The next morning, his roomates went into his room to see if he was awake, and lo and behold, when they were out partying the night before, he blew his head off with a shotgun. Swarms of police and ambulances put a lasting stigma on the house, everyone that lived around or knew him, and moreover, he took his own life for something as trivial as a break up.

What a shame.

I know this is a scenario in reverse of the one you told of, but I just cant understand how if things are so bad that you just dont get up and leave. To murder your wife, and the mother of your childern is selfish, heartless and just downright absurd. It shows that you care about no one but yourself

Earth and its inhabitants are really hard to figure out sometimes.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
I agree completely, Lombozo.

I had a similarly disturbing event take place when i was in college. I lived on a row of houses, just like on any other campus. All of the neighbors were acquaintedand enjoyed each others company. One night, one of the kids that lived 3 doors down had an arguement with his girlfriend. The next morning, his roomates went into his room to see if he was awake, and lo and behold, when they were out partying the night before, he blew his head off with a shotgun. Swarms of police and ambulances put a lasting stigma on the house, everyone that lived around or knew him, and moreover, he took his own life for something as trivial as a break up.

Well, in my hometown, there was a kid that killed himself in a nearby school because him and a girlfriend had broke up. The girl that he broke up with has never been the same since. She tried to make it to the classroom where he was before he killed himself, but just as she reached the room, he pulled the trigger.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My dad was a salesman for this one company, and the boss's secretary asked him to watch her dog for a weekend with her husband as she was going on a trip.
Sunday night, she picked up the dog. They chitchatted, said she had a good trip yadda yadda.
Two hours later the cops show up. She and her boyfriend had killed her husband.Shot him in his truck. Of course she is in jail now.
This was years ago and she is up for parole next year.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Lombozo, what a shocker and so close to home. Are you ok? Group hug from your ATS pals.

new topics

top topics

join