It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does finding dimes mean?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Glad to be of help!

It's interesting that such heady thoughts are represented on a common old dime...images we see all the time but never consciously register.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I find coins all the time and decided to look up the Meaning Of Numbers on the internet. Here is the number 10 (dime) defined.

Ten
The meaning of number ten deals with returning to our center, coming full circle. Ten holds a vibration of unity, as well as fresh starts.
If the number One symbolizes the beginning (& it does), then we can say that the number Ten represents the outcome, result, or achievement of that first step or beginning.
The most profound message number Ten hails is “whatever we sew, we shall now reap.” In other words, “what comes around goes around. ”
Ten also represents fulfillment, attainment, and completion. These attributes are obtained by observing the Ten containing all the elementary numbers from 1 to 9. As such, Ten is a vessel holding all the jumbled up potential found in the language of numbers.
Ten is also a bit slippery because reduced - it turns back to number One - hence, again - a full circle, coming to the beginning - finding unity (all is one, one is all).
That you are picking up a great deal of dimes is quite a good sign. Specifically, dimes may be symbolic of shiny opportunities coming your way that you once thought were lost to you.
Remember Tens are strong representation of recycling events (full circle) - a dime is a superior symbolic symbol of such phenomenon. Consider how many times a dime (or any money for that matter) is recycled through our society.
Symbolic dimes provide messages of lost opportunities regained. Things we thought we should not or could not do are beginning to resurface. Our energies are being recycled. Our intellectual currency is on the brink of change.
Shiny, bright and round…these dimes on your path are beacons of promise. They hold the meaning of number Ten firmly in their vibration and that is: “Events are coming full circle. Cast off the old, and don the new. Step into the beginning that is for your greatest good.”

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interestingly enough my boyfriend and I practice a form of "fun" by leaving small change hidden in places where kids would most likely look hee hee.

Remember the glee and joy when you were little and found some spare change???

Just the other day I left four quarters at the bus stop wedged into the arms of a iron/wood bus bench. Seriously only a child-like mind would notice them as they blended in with the bench really well.

My fun comes in going back to the bench and seeing if they're gone

I don't really care if it was a kiddo that found them or someone down on their luck or even just a curious minded person who takes in their total surroundings.

My point is, rather than focus on "why" focus on the kid in you that reacts to the find with simple glee and a smile

If it is a paranormal "sign" I'd gather that this would be the intention...just enjoy.

I also leave stickers, dimes and other items in places where most likely a kiddo would find them (or as I said, a child-like mind).

Stay young in heart and mind...why not try it yourself with all your found dimes??

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

I wish there were more people in the world like you. That is wonderful.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Wow thank you for leaving these posts!! What an interesting phenomenon! I'm also finding dimes all over the place. Just today I opened the washer door at the laundromat and a dime came out of no where and dropped on the floor in front of me. It didn't even come from the washer.. just out of no where!! The dimes started almost a year ago now and I have collected about a dozen so far. Does anyone know the meaning behind this? I'm thinking its my guardian angel.. not sure. Gonna do some searches on the internet.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

You are a beautiful person. What an absolutly wonderful thing to do.

I'm going to join you in leaving coins in odd places. It's conceptual art of the highest order; bringing joy just for the sake of bringing joy.

Art saves Lives!!

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thanks
But credit isn't mine. My BF found a web article a few years ago...something about staying young and it listed some really wonderful ways to keep the mind youthful while having fun (surprisingly sex was not on the list LOL)...I liked the idea so dang much I started doing it too.

I'll see if he can show me the page again and I'll post the link...otherwise it's likely out on the net there if yah google it. On my way out for a bit maybe I'll google it when I get back

It really is a wonderful thing to do...it really does make me remember the absolute glee of being kid and finding a treasure! (even if it was just a dime or a candy in my pocket long forgotten about)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have been finding dimes everywhere too. I am really a big believer on meanings of things. I know everything I have every truly wished for has come true. Good and Bad things.

The first thing I thought of is this could be a "Sign of the dimes"

It probably means a new beginning like one person said. I have had this feeling for a long time that something really good is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuseAndChimera
Can I get some help trying to find out what it means if anything when you keep finding dimes?

It means you need to build a bridge of communication with those around you. Maybe a single person or maybe many people. However the idea of "dropping a dime" means to call someone, so it seems clear that the universe is telling you to be more open to communication with someone or others.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

this has been happening to me for sometime..i wish i knew what it meant. in my mind i feel like someone in heaven is doing it..but just not sure who it is

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MuseAndChimera

It's called "Synchronicity". Like seeing repeating numbers over and over again (i.e. 11:11, 3:33, 12:34, or the like). The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot, explains that these "synchronicities" are a sort of wake-up call by your mind. It's your subconsious telling you to start paying more attention to the world (and it's signs) around you. I would be looking for the one with the "heads up"...pun intended!

[edit on 17-12-2008 by starsyren]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks for all of your thoughts on dimes. My father died 5 years ago, at the age of 71. He was the most fascinating person I have ever met, and life is not the same without him. He was always interested in how the universe worked. I think that if there existed a way to communicate with those left behind, he would find it.Since his death I find dimes all over the place. Others can pass the same dime and not notice it. I wonder if I am more in tune with finding them, or are they specifically for me? I am never with a friend who spots a dime. It is always me who sees it. I started saving them about two years ago (Those that I am sure that I found, and not one from my own change, and I don't count dimes that I find at work, home or in my car for that reason) I have about 40. Isn't that a lot? The other odd thing is, they are always tails side up. (Which was mentioned by someone else) For most of his life, a phone call cost a dime. Maybe it's his way of calling? I don't know what it is, but I'm glad I'm not the only person out there that this is happening to.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Girl I know what you mean me and my sisters have been finding dimes everywhere!! But onle since our grandmother passed away. A bunch of people have told us that its one of the ways that a spirit of someone who has passed to contact you.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
1) it means inflation....2 decades ago you would be finding pennies isntead.
2) mostly"tails" defies probability (.50) but your sample is not statistically significant. let's hope that it is not prophetic ("head's you win; tails you...")
3) "a (dime) for your thoughts." (refers back to #1)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuseAndChimera
Can I get some help trying to find out what it means if anything when you keep finding dimes? .

I've been noticing the same thing myself, and there are a few factors that come into play. First is the tendency to drop a dime...based on size, weight and thickness. Second is the 'permeability' of the surface it is dropped on. Third is the brightness of the coin, so you're going to see it more so than a bronze or copper penny. Forth is the value of the coin which will increase the likelihood that you will notice/register its presence and consider picking it up. I'm sure you can figure out more...

There is a lot more science at play here than hoodoo.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I too find dimes. My mother started finding dimes several years ago and used to tell me about it. I too thought of the random aspect of this as the most rational explanation. I think anyone on here discussing this knows or at least feels strongly that the findings are not random in nature. They are placed in your path for you and only you to find as if it was just placed there a few seconds before the finding.

The reasons for this are harder to explain. There have been some good ones here! Me and my mother feel that it is her deceased mother that leaves them for us to find. Lately I've been going through a stressful period and have just been finding them absolutely everywhere. I feel simply that my deceased grandmother is just telling me that she's watching over me and everythings going to work out.

I know this sounds ludicrous to share with someone that doesn't find them as we all have but that's what me and my mom think--or at least like to?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

So, just happened upon this site. let me tell you all a story. About 3 years ago I began to find dimes. Never other change, just dimes. I found 6-8 a week. In the store, in a gravel parking lot, in a field with my dog. I told my friends and not sure they believed me. It so freaked me out that I stopped picking them up. My Moms birthday was 10-25 so I thought perhaps a sign from her. I started pointing to them for my friends and they would pick them up. They even began to think it odd. Then this August I met the woman of my dreams. I met her and after a few times out for brief stolen moments we scheduled a great day together. Our first full day. We drove the beach and made love for the first time. The next day I realized the date we had been together was our 10th day of actually seeing each other. The date? 10-10-2008 (add those last two together) her birthday? the 10th. You can't make this stuff up! We have been blessed to be togthere since. The only other I found after that was my last "couples" therapy with my ex who walked over it inside my therapist office. Now they have begun to reappear. 3 thi sweek alone. Outside my car door when I come out but not there when I go in. I will keep you updated! Don't not believe! I wish I had known she was coming!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, I have been experiencing the same thing. I have to argue with the scientific part of the explainations that you have recieved. In my case I find them in the oddest places.

Our bed is pushed up against the wall in our bedroom bc our 2 year old still sleeps with us. I woke up one morning to find a dime stuck to the wall at my eye level. It WAS NOT there when i went to sleep. I took it off of the wall, examined it and attempted to place it on the wall in the same place with no luck! I have found one underneath my daughters sheets on her bed while cleaning and also in the refridgerator. OtherwiseI find about 3 a day on average this has been going on for the last 5 weeks or so. Sometimes I even get a litle annoyed.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have to reply to this thread,
Quick backstory, my grandfather used to own a bar. Many nights he would give his last patrons a ride home. They would offer to pay him for the ride. To which he would reply, "just leave a dime on the front seat for the driver"

When he passed on,my parents went to the wake(of course). Upon arriving at the funeral home, before exiting the car, my fathers change fell out of his pocket onto the front seat. My mother and father spent a few minutes cleaning up all the change(my mom was ocd, so I know it was thoroughly cleaned and rechecked). After the wake, upon getting in the car, there was a dime in the middle of the front seat! My mother said she looked at my father and said " its the dime for the driver"! To this day(40yrs later) I find dimes in the oddest of places on a regular basis. My mother said its my grandfather letting me know he's watching.

And all this time I always thought i was the only one finding dimes like this...HOLY SH*T. This thread gave me the chills

Ps. I am not religious at all, but perhaps I may look at certain things differently now.
wow, just wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join