It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does finding dimes mean?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MuseAndChimera

A close freind told me that it meens something for the year on the dimes you find

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It means that people go around losing small change... and the dime is the smallest (in size) coin that we have. More likely to get dropped than larger coins.

Also I think someone is less likely to be bothered picking up a penny they dropped on the floor, than a dime.

I see pennies all the time and I don't bother picking them up even if I'm broke, which is often lol...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
my kid goes down on his knees at the counter of every 7-11 or gas station we go to and searches for lost change.
He has been saving this apart from other monies for about 8 years now and I think the total in found change is close to 250 dollars. He calls it his LOST CHANGE piggy bank......he says he gets an averedge of 35 cents on each looky-lo....sometimes nothing, sometimes way more.

He tells me that he will pay for his college this way.

It can be VERY EMBARRASSING to have my teenager groping around on dirty floors...he is OCD however and will wash hands for a long time after this....and maybe the OCD adds the his 'MUST DO THIS" aspect.....of groping around looking for lost change.
Just to make his day I will scatter change out in our carport & driveway cuz I know how excited he will get in finding it.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I have been finding dimes everywhere. Like you i didn't think much about it until it was so obvious that this was more than just a coincidence. It's weird. For about 2 months pennies were everywhere and then suddenly it changed to dimes. Only dimes. I read the comment about change was coming when finding dimes and this is what happened to me. I had a drastic change in my life recently...for the better. Since that change I haven't found another dime and that was last Thursday. Just like that when I had a change in my life.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Over the past year I have been finding dimes all over the place, at first I thought I was finding the same dime, but I started to keep the dimes I have found in one place. It seems I find them when I am thinking about certain people, I don't know if it means they are thinking about me as well or just random times and places. I am going to start a journal of times and places and see I can find a connection.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My wife says it means a dime from heaven. It is supposed to be sent from a loved one. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If you find dimes at cross roads or in corners of places.
Such as houses, offices, places of worship.

They are apart of a spell that secures the person doing the spell from loosing all that is dear to him.

Kind of a security spell i believe the spell comes from vanga russian witch.

(18th century) Siberia)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

When finding dimes, it basically means somebody is trying to contact you. My aunt finds them and she thinks it is from her grandmother because she had been getting them before but the day her grandfather died, a dime fell through the air and hit two cans she was holding. Then she got a call that said her grandfather had died. I've witnessed it and it is true. Glad I could help!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
wow this is weird for years now ive been finding 5p's (english) everywhere even in stupid places i would be bothered but its never any other coins just 5p's ive often wondered what it meant.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

as odd as that is, I have also been finding tonnes of dimes all over the place.. I was also wondering what was going on.. just figured the dime was the new penny (in the sense that everyone throws them away) or I just figured my neighbors/roommate was tossing them on the ground with the same intention.. weird.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Oh my god I been finding dimes too. Ok strange things have been happening to me with dimes. I been finding them every where and almost everyday. Examples I wash the laundry take out all the clothes from the washer and find a lonely dime in the machine. I fold my pants and a dime drops from the pockets. I get carry out and the guy gives me back only dimes as change. My friends window is broke and when I look out of the window a dime is stuck in the cracks. Sometimes a dime with be like on the floor of my house like next to a sofa or something. It has been happening for months. The thing is I find only dimes nothing else with. No pennies, quarters, or nickels. No oneelse in my house finds them and now I am finding them in my friends house too. WHAT is this strange thing happening to me? Is someone trying to connect to me? If so how do I find out who it is? I need an honest person to work with not some fake psychic. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN OR KNOW!!!!
-Vinaya

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
How weird. I googled "finding dimes" because I have been finding dimes all over the place at home and work for the past week.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is crazy, wowwie I thought dimes only followed me!!

I can always count on finding a dime, they seem to follow me.

For instance, I parked in my office parking lot, random space. I come out to go for lunch and there was a dime beside my truck. I picked it up and laughed to myself thinking eh, it found me. Coming back to work from lunch I park in a totally different space far side of the other side of the building. I get out and there was another dime at my feet. Blew me away.

Is there like a Dime Finders Club or something, wow so cool it not just me.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is so weird, to find other people that find dimes everywhere. My google search lead me to this site as well as others. It seems that a "Dime Piece" is a good looking person. Gay men refer to good looking men as "dime pieces". A "Dime Piece" can also be a good looking women as well. There is a "club" of individuals that single out a particular person and invade that persons life. Their calling card is leaving a dime behind in a spot that it is likely to be found, either by you or by another person entering your premises. They are dangerous and ill and are typically pagans. If you are "finding dimes" you might want to look at your security a little more carefully. It does not have spiritual significance. It simply means that a group of individuals with too much time on their hands are playing mind games.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I've never been bothered by a plague of dimes, but I thought I'd share a little more info about dimes from an occult/magical perspective.

Dimes are often used in American hoodoo spell work. Someone previously mentioned a Russian tradition in which dimes were used at the corners of rooms or crossroads for protection spell work. Dimes are also used this way in American hoodoo. They are also occasionally used as payment for entering a cemetery or burial ground (the dimes will be left at the gate or entrance way). Sometimes, they are left at grave sites for spell or ritual purposes.

While dimes are popular in hoodoo, the most popular type of dime to use is the Silver Mercury/Winged Liberty dime. Since that specific dime contains actual sliver, it is often used as protective amulet.

Thought I'd share my two cents...

Jane

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
How odd that I am not alone....I have been finding dimes for about 2 years now. Have thought it was a message from my deceased relatives...a way to tell me all is well. I find them typically when I need a boost or a positive affirmation. It's interesting to see others find the same. I, too, googled finding dimes to see if there was a phenomena, and it appears that indeed, there is!!

Kate

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cardsharp

I'm shy.

I find a lot of dimes all the time.

Tail side up.

Might be something to that.....I wonder what the ratio of heads up versus tails up might be amoungst us shy dime finders.

Maybe someones trying to tell us something.

Does anyone know the significance of the imagery on the tail side of the United States ten cent?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
finding dimes means that someone close to you is going to die within 10 months.

10 = Death of someone close in N'farti numerology.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
reply to post by cardsharp

Does anyone know the significance of the imagery on the tail side of the United States ten cent?

I hit up Google and found the following on the US Mint's Page :

Mr. Sinnock also designed the reverse of this coin: a torch signifying Liberty, with an olive branch on the left signifying Peace, and an oak branch on the right, signifying Strength and Independence.

Of course, there's a lot of other symbolism that can be attached to a torch, an olive branch, and and oak branch.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SalvationJane

Thanks a million.
I hit up google and got nothing but confusion!

The olive branch (peace), the oak branch (strength and independance)and a tourch of illumination.

Interesting. I think I'll stick with that meditation.

Maybe someone has been "dropping hints".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join