It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Saga Continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

by Dana Gabriel Page 1 of 2 page(s)

www.opednews.com...

Tell A Friend

With fund raising efforts exceeding expectations and seemingly unstoppable momentum, Ron Paul continues to be a candidate on the rise. While other presidential campaigns have sputtered, peaked, and are on the decline, he has positioned himself to become a serious contender. He still has a lot of room for growth, but in this process he is being elevated from second tier status to one of the top five Republican presidential candidates.

The success of his campaign has caught many by surprise, including himself. Some of his rivals are now trying to duplicate his formula, but true spontaneous grassroots movements cannot be generated or manufactured. His support is diverse, and what is becoming increasingly clear is that before all is said and done, Ron Paul will have made a huge impact, win or lose.
Saga

I still am not convinced that this guy is as strong as they are claiming. I do believe that he may sneak into the primaries and win a few states... However, I don't know that he will win enough to win the nomination.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here is a comment that I completely agree with from the article..

What we have is both parties double teaming us with fake squabbles and theater politics, when essentially their goals are the same.

This is something that I have believed for quite some time, and is the reason why I vote independent or third party in most elections.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ronpaul2008.typepad.com...

Results of the straw pole, Ron got 5th place, almost 10% thats impresive, my buddy tancredo also got about 15%!!! Thats alot of votes on "fringe" canidates

also, McCain is a non-factor, Guliani is a joke in my book, and Fred Thompson is the new softy to reclace the now defunct McCain

Ron Paul has come out of nowhere and making mommentem, thankfuly this political season is starting a year n advance, so ROn can get tons of coverage.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
ronpaul2008.typepad.com...

Results of the straw pole, Ron got 5th place, almost 10% thats impresive, my buddy tancredo also got about 15%!!! Thats alot of votes on "fringe" canidates

Yeah, I like both Ron Paul and Tancredo... I also think that Duncan Hunter would be a good choice. I just don't know if any of these guys have a chance. The Demopukes and Republipukes have the money so tied up, that these alternative candidates don't fair too well. That's just the way that the Demopukes and Republipukes want it. They don't want any competition because they know they can't stand the test.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Some great points being made here - nice job all.
I have to agree that a 3rd party candidate has virtually no shot at winning SOT hit it on the head that the Dems and Repubs just won't let it happen.
Sad really.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
Some great points being made here - nice job all.
I have to agree that a 3rd party candidate has virtually no shot at winning SOT hit it on the head that the Dems and Repubs just won't let it happen.
Sad really.

It's very sad,Lombozo. It is especially sad when one takes into account that it is generally the Third Party candidate who makes sense. Back in 1992, when Ross Perot campaigned, Perot tried to tell America about NAFTA and what it would mean for America. What happened?

The Republicans decided to sabotage his daughter's wedding to get him out of the race.
It's pathetic really. By the way, all of the damage that Perot said NAFTA would cause, it has.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Pathetic is a good word. The entire voting system is flawed in my opinion. Lincoln made a wonderful statement:

and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

These brilliant words are all but forgotten by those in power. The people have virtually no power in the electorate process. The government fat cats seem to just put into power whomever they want.

Bush is a perfect Example - in BOTH elections.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Bush is a perfect Example - in BOTH elections.

Well, now, in the second election Bush was elected based on "moral" standing... However, I don't necessarily think he won the election of 2000. By the time they sorted all that crap out, I was like, "Holy jumping Jesus, just put someone in there already!!" By the way, I voted for Ralph Nader in 2000.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am not sure of Ron Paul, and i am even less sure after what i heard on the radio last night, over the course of 2 bours Ron Paul supporters were calling in the radio station.

The host tryed to ask yes/no questions and the people REFUSED to answer, mabye thats too harsh of a word, FAILED to answer. When faced with a yes/no question, not one person was able to answer, each started to go into a tirade on how they felt, when all that was asked was a yes/no question.

I think its time for a revolution in US polotics, i just don't think Ron Paul is it, it seems this guy is built on mystery, mabye second only to Obama in policy mystery.

People that came out and said they were big supporters couldn't even answer simple questions... how can i take him seriously...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am not sure of Ron Paul, and i am even less sure after what i heard on the radio last night, over the course of 2 bours Ron Paul supporters were calling in the radio station.

The host tryed to ask yes/no questions and the people REFUSED to answer, mabye thats too harsh of a word, FAILED to answer. When faced with a yes/no question, not one person was able to answer, each started to go into a tirade on how they felt, when all that was asked was a yes/no question.

I think its time for a revolution in US polotics, i just don't think Ron Paul is it, it seems this guy is built on mystery, mabye second only to Obama in policy mystery.

People that came out and said they were big supporters couldn't even answer simple questions... how can i take him seriously...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Very few issues that are going on in this country right now can simply be answered with yes or no responses.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If a previous election has been stolen you can bet the rest of them will be.

Ron Paul won't even be on the ballot.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Very few issues that are going on in this country right now can simply be answered with yes or no responses.

Heres what they were asking to be fair.

"Would Ron Paul be in favor (with Libertairan Views) to lower the amount of funding on national defense"

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

"Would Ron Paul be in favor (with Libertairan Views) to lower the amount of funding on national defense"

That is a very NON yes or no question. That question could be looked at any number of ways.

For one, a good many in this country view us being in Iraq as a matter of "national defense".

In that case, I would think that, Yes, Ron Paul would be in favor of lowering the amount of funding on national "defense".

However, since Ron Paul is all for securing our borders...which is "true" National Defense, I was have to say that in that respect he would be for increasing funding to aid in that aspect of national defense.

However, as SOT said, very few questions are simple yes or no question when it comes to politics these days. When it comes to defining a stance on political matters....there are so many different opinions on issues and what certain phrases mean that it would be, at best, a pathetic answer to just answer yes or no.

Just about every political factor these days must be broken into many parts to actually address the whole issue.

Take "national security" for instance. What does that mean? They use national security to justify almost every thing they do now. Can you actually sit through a speech made by a politician anymore without hearing these words at least 3 or 4 times?

"Are you hungry?" That is a yes or no question.

"Would you be in favor of lowering the National Defense budget?" Is NOT a yes or no question because you can not answer that question just yes or no without explaining WHY you answered yes or no.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Let me ask you a question. How in the world, given the fact that it is as it is currently, is this a "yes or no" question?

join