It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Emergency Message *TEST*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just saw this.

www.crh.noaa.gov...

First time on this website I have seen this posted.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have used this site to check on weather for almost 6 years now and have never seen a meesage like this posted before. I know it is a Test but we all know what can happen when they run "tests"! Any thoughts or anyone know of this?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Certainly it is a test.

But...is it a test of the messaging system, or is it a test to see what the reaction to the message will be?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That is the NATIONAL waether sercive??? I can not ever recall a national test of anything realy, certainly odd, but nothing nefarious as of yet

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
that's some spooky stuff right there, any kind of drill or test like that is FREAKY after 9/11 and 7/7

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Now I wish I would have taken a screen shot as they have altered the link now. The "test" must no longer be underway.

For those that din't catch the link in time it was a Civil Emergency Broadcast Test for a hypothetical explosion in montana and had something to deal with hazardous atmosphere or something similar.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by iggster]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is a link to the test on the site they archived
www.wrh.noaa.gov...

I hope this isn't a prelude to anything.....

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I find it interesting that such a hypothetical test would be in Montana which is home to many "survivalists" rather than in some densely populated urban area where people are less self-reliant and more dependent on the infrastructure. Get rid of the potential protesters first?

top topics

join