It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens could not be that 'far out' as it seems..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now just to say.. Im not sure where to post this but it seems like the right place..

I remember being told by my science teacher that if you compare our whole Galaxy to the entire universe, it would be about the size of a spec of dust here on Earth.. Now imagine if this is true..

How many planets that might be inhabitable could fit into, say.. a card board box.. yeh, alot.

I know that it depends on the type of solar system the planets our in, our how close the sun is to these planets, but I bet there would be a hell of alot of planets that fit a description similar to here on Earth.

This makes me think alot of the chances of other life forms out there in Space.. Theres just so much out there. Yeh, some of it might be empty space, but alot of it will be filled with solar systems and galaxies and worlds..

Just my opinion..

Opulisum

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Opulisum]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Mate, thats the first thing you think of when you think about aliens. Ill be surprised if there arent millions upon millions of species - not all intelligent, but a lot of them could be. Some people tend to think that "space" is whats in our solar system....but like you said, a speck of dust on Copacabana beach

There are videos which show just how small we are, any everytime I see them, I get chills, and I just feel so pathetic at the same time...mind blowing stuff

[edit on 9-8-2007 by 3_Libras]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yeh exactly my point..

But this is just to make people think

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opulisum
Yeh exactly my point..

But this is just to make people think

Yeah I know
What you described is probably the easiest way to try and get someone to think like that.

Also, if you want to add the bit - if God is real, why did he put every single lifeform on one tiny planet

Anyway, good thread, and go the Geordies (now that you have Dukes!)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Life elsewhere in the universe is almost a certainty, i.e. the probability that there is life in places other than earth is almost 1.

The only problem is (according to contemporary science), the chance that they can contact each other or visit each other is almost 0.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I typically consider the size of space as my primary argument for the existence of extraterrestrial life. But, as has been mentioned, I'm currently reluctant to state that they currently exist in (or around) our sphere.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
that is the biggest "Bible Thumper" short coming.....

As far as I can tell there is no such passage as "and HE commanded that life shall only exist on THIS planet, under this yellow sun, that mankind shall refer to as Earth"

"Out of the countless creations HE made into the heaven he choose this one planet to populate in his image...."

Nope, never even if it truly was HIS very thoughts from the very tip of HIS own inspiration it does not say that GOD only made this 1 world for which beings shall exist.

As I and many other people have said GOD is omni-potent and omni-present. Everything that could possibly exist only does so because of GOD. Therefore there is not a single text, book, or volume of books that could ever completely describe "GODS CREATIONS". For they are limitless and infinite.

No human can judge what is and what is not of GOD, only a human can observe and say;

"I am not GOD, therefore I can not know what GOD knows, I can not see all that GOD sees, I can not judge what else GOD has created"

So do not let any man tell you that something "can not exist" for no man can know such a thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
we're not a drop in the ocean, we're a hydrogen molecule in the ocean

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yes, I appreciate the sentiment; it is a common one. In a thread that went nowhere a few days ago I suggested common UFO statements can be summarized by using numbers. Indeed,

1. It’s a big universe out there and it’s foolish to think we are the only life in it.

has earned top honors.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
we're not a drop in the ocean, we're a hydrogen molecule in the ocean

I simply must bow to you. Brilliant.

top topics

join