It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather Making History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Extreme Weather Making History

dsc.discovery.com

Many parts of the world have experienced record extreme weather conditions, including unusual floods, heat waves, storms and cold snaps since the beginning of the year, the United Nation's weather agency said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
More evidence for changing worldwide weather patterns.
I wonder how extreme it could get ?

dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Whats the real deal with the sun, and whats going on, thats what we should be asking ourselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When you look at how long we have kept records, these weather extremes really mean nothing.

It's kind of like the tornado in the Bronx yesterday. Big news across all the media, global warming is happening right now, this is proof of it. Did you know that the last tornado in the Bronx was 118 years ago? Does that mean global warming started then? OR do these weather extremes mean the weather changes from day to day and extreme weather can happen anywhere without a reason other than it's weather.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well the heat wave we are experiencing here in southern GA is one that many long living citizens of this parts are finding hard to related to any other time before.

No only that but here in my neck of the woods we are in the purple meaning that no only is hot but is not rain compensating for the heat.

Everytime I step out of my air conditioned home I feel like I am waking into a sauna.

We need rain and we need it now!!!!!!

How bad is the dry hot season will depend on how many crops are lost and how many people will die from the heat.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As a contrast to what some in here are saying, here is a thread in the "Fragile Earth forum" that might show things a bit differently.

Unseasonably cool summer? Anyone

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Is weather always "extreme" somewhere in the world on any given year? I mean Floods happen, Heatwaves, cold snaps, torrential rains, Droughts happen, Hurricanes happen, Long and short seasons happen. I tend to think that more "reporting" of extreme weather is occurring rather than an increase in extreme weather.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Is weather always "extreme" somewhere in the world on any given year? I mean Floods happen, Heatwaves, cold snaps, torrential rains, Droughts happen, Hurricanes happen, Long and short seasons happen. I tend to think that more "reporting" of extreme weather is occurring rather than an increase in extreme weather.

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your comment, but the clue is in the title "Extreme Weather Making History."

Weather patterns are usually compared to a meterlogical record going back hundreds of years.

Regards

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The problem you have there is that records are being set by this weather at the mo. Many places are having extremes all over the world when usually only one or two places have extremes every year.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I tend to think that more "reporting" of extreme weather is occurring rather than an increase in extreme weather.

you hit the nail-on-the-head...

extremes are already here,
any place could suddenly change into a
Mojave Desert landscape, or a
Everglades landscape...in no time at all.

the noticable 'extremes' are the dramatic change in the areas 'average' weather...so the declaratation of an 'extreme' weather phenomena is
not the 'true' measure when we look at the big-picture.

floods, blizzards, sand-storms, heat-waves, all should be prepared for
in places as diverse as NYC or Pocatello, Idaho...
only the sheeple buy the 'dependency paradigm' which tell us that the PTB will carry us thru 'Extreme' weather events.

bottom line; the 'Extreme Weather' meme is a social control device

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Thanks for your comment, but the clue is in the title "Extreme Weather Making History."

Weather patterns are usually compared to a meterlogical record going back hundreds of years.

Regards

Nah, not buying that argument. How many people in 1907 knew if there was a drought in India and China or Floods in Austria? Modern information gathering is allowing for more accurate reporting of such events to a much greater percentage of the population..

For Example, there has been two marked increases in the reporting of hurricanes and Tropical storms; once when we started to use tracking planes in the late 40's I believe and once again in the 70's when we started using satellite photos to track storms.

Were there actually more storms or just more storms discovered and reported?

In fact the severity of said storms increased mainly due to more reporting of storms and a change in the methods of classification of storms.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi Pavil,

My perspective was based on the UK Met Office which goes back to the 18th century, so clearly not global.
Thanks for your comment.

Regards.

top topics

join