It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LINEAGE 2!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I tried to play, but once I created a character, I couldn't "choose" it, so of course I couldn't lauch a game.

WTF???

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I don't know if this breaks my N.D.A. but....

The game kinda sucks...well, not kinda...it does suck.

It's boring. I played for 2 1/2 hours and got to level 6 killing Elder Longtails and Scavengers. The interaction between players was not very interesting. Lot's of people chattin' and not keeping it RPG oriented.

[[color=00FF33]geek]The Dark Elf thing really irks me. I've been playing pencil & paper RPG's for 18 years and the Dark Elf/Drow/Night Elf thing is wearing thin. They are the flavor of the moment. It's wrong to give them the advantage over other character races. Dungeons & Dragons keeps the races pretty much even. The strengths are balanced with the weakness'. I know I can't compare the two games, so I'll stop. [[color=00FF33]/geek]

I chose a dwarf. I could only choose fighter as a beginning profession. What a limited view. Kind of locks you into a combat centralized game.

The first quest I took was boring. I had to get the items on some miner's shopping list. Wtf? How is this exciting roleplaying?

The only exciting thing that happened in the few hours of play was some Dark Elf sorceress kept appearing in the middle of town and charging at one of the city guards with some sort of spell starting to fly from her fingertips. She was never successful with her attack. The city guard would knock the crap out of her before the spell ever finished. Since PvP was diabled on the server, the fact that "she" was doing this meant either a hack or the game admins were testing the city guards (who were in-game bots I think).

The only saving grace was the graphics, which are beautifully rendered.

I cannot see paying any amount of money for monthly play of this game.

Save your money.
Game over.

Darklanser.

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by darklanser]

lol, told you meng, Lineage2 aint got # on WoW.
The quest system blows L2 away, L2 is too much about equip imo...

atm lvl 10 orc warrior is kicking butt, I've just been soloing doing the quest man I gained 2 lvls cause I returned to town and have 8 quests all finished... mmm xp!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Btw in WoW I'm hanging out with theShadowclan been playing with them off and on for a few years. They do evil roleplay as orcs, it's hilarious and makes the game more fun. The fact that it pisses off 11-20something yr old kewl d00dz is a plus!

Lat gib tribut or lat am git bashed!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join