It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a way of rehabilitating Prisoners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

1,500 plus CPDRC inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center, Cebu, Philippines at practice! This is not the final routine, and definitely not a punishment!

here is the link if I can't upload the Youtube thing:
www.youtube.com...

I thought it was exceptional to watch and did feel it is a good thing for rehabilitation.

The music is good too.

sorry, have no clue how to YouTube so have to click on link...

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
That doesn't look like punishment, it looks like they are having fun.

And I didn't think prison was supposed to be fun for them..

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just know someone's going to say that that's ironic.

Anyways, I think that's a very progressive and good way of rehabilitation for a prison system,
we should adopt such systems in the U.S., than prisons could put on Broadway
shows and get money from selling tickets.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So people can dream about being on Broadway some day while others get to go there just because they are in prison? How is that right?

It's prison, not dance school...

[edit on 9/8/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't mean actually bringing them to Broadway, by Broadway show I meant just the
kind of plays and musicals you see there.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ah, I get you...

But I still think they shouldn't be able to do that....do some hard work or something, not dancing...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
But I still think they shouldn't be able to do that....do some hard work or something, not dancing...

Why not, they're doing something progressive rather than forming gangs and attacking
each other, besides that they may be doing it in there free time, since even if you
have a prison that forces prisoners to work, they can't make them work all the time,
it would be immoral.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I agree they can't work 24/7. So when they are not working they would be inside of there cells. Working and sitting, thats all they should do in prison.

And if they have to get out for exercise give them a small room or area to walk around, push-ups, sit-ups whatever.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That would basically be a form of cruel & unusual punishment, which is barred by the
Constitution, besides that prison is meant to rehabilitate people.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Whats cruel about working and sitting?

And where is the rehabilitation part of dancing to Thriller?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Whats cruel about working and sitting?

And where is the rehabilitation part of dancing to Thriller?

Not allowing them social time is cruel.

And the dancing thing teaches unity, fraternity and an appreciation for art.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Working together = social time, unity and fraternity.

If they want to get together and dance they can wait until they are released.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think most prisons these days have some sorts of activities to keep the prisoners entertained in some way.

This is pretty elaborate, but if it releases tension in the inmate population and helps keep the peace, then who's it hurting.

For me, it would definitely be punishment.

We discussed this recently.

Angola Rodeo

[edit on 2007/8/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I will check out the rodeo info later, I have 10 minutes before going to work but just quickly, I think it is important to remember that a lot of people in prison are there waiting for their court hearing. They haven't been granted bail. A lot of people maybe in for summary offences, minor issues so I feel it is a good thing.

I did feel concerned though for the man who got to play the lead part of the woman in that dance. lol

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You might look into the word ladyboy.

That might provide some insight into the activity.

[edit on 2007/8/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
At first I thought you were stating the obvious... homosexuality...and it did cross my mind when I watched all the hands on at the end.. lol

but then I did a search and found it also meant trans sexual.

soooo now I am a bit unsure cos I honestly thought the t shirt was padded, like a dress up. If this person acting out the female role is a trans sexual, then what is she/he doing in an all male prison? For he/she safety, wouldn't it be wise to put he/she in a women's facility? OMG I am going to check this out and see if I can find some cases regarding this issue.

ok maybe I am green and was born yesterday. I understand the legalities of it but it honestly didn't cross my mind that trannies would be allowed in a all male prison!

and lmao no wonder he/she got the lead role. I reckon every male in there for real would like to get their hands on some of what he/she has. OMG that is quite a generalisation and very stereotypical...but perhaps I am just stating what everyone else would think?

lol

Na, I reckon there are two types of crims, the hard ones and then the sickos. The hard ones don't generally go for the unique set ups...but then, you never know really, what goes on behind closed doors? In the privacy of where they can get away with stuff like that.

I am a female and I couldn't push around the bedroom a guy that used to be a chick. OMG... this isn't politically correct either

lol

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Taking a trip down history lane...

Originally, women were not allowed to be in theater (plays). From Asia to Europe, men played ALL the roles -- including women's roles.

So, I doubt that the man playing the lead woman's part has anything to do with his sexuality.

new topics

top topics

join