It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 ATS points for best story.2 days To Go.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Today is the 14th of January.
For one month exactly entries will be excepted for a new short story competition.
All entries must be connected to the Green forum subjects on the main index page under the heading Mysterious Subjects.
All entries must be your stories.You can write a new story or enter one you've already posted on the Members Short Stories Forum.
To designate your story as an entry prefix the story title with (MSSS) standing for Mysterious Subjects Short Story.
If you wish to enter a story you have already written and posted please edit the title and add (MSSS) as a prefix.
Febuary 14th (valentines day) is the final day entries will be excepted.
The best short story will win 10,000 ATS points for it's author.

Anyone can enter.You do not need to be a writer to post a story on that forum.

The last short story competion we had drew some excellent entries.I'm hoping we can get a similar response.

Good luck to all who enter and remember the story must have a connection with one of the topics on the green forums.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Are there particular word length and subject limits?

DE

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm a poor instruction follower, I'm just asking to make sure I'm clear.

Do we have to post them in the Short Stories area?

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
John

Just to add another query please:

Is this an "all or nothing" competition ie 10 000 points to the eventual winner, and nothing to anyone else??

I realise the answer to this could depend on the number of entries but thought it worth raising in the "early" days.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Deus Ex,

I don't really want to set a word limit.If we can keep it within the confines of what is expected of a Short Story that should be enough.Something the length of War and Peace isn't going to get read and won't win.

Viendin,

Yes,please post up your entries in this forum.

Genya.

My initial thoughts on this is one winner takes the 10,000 ATS points prize.
There will only be 10,000 points available.If members wish it then I could change it so that say 1st gets 6,000 points,2nd gets 3,000 points and 3rd gets 1,000 points.I'm happy to go with the flow on this one.

One other point.Members can enter as many times as they wish and remember you can enter stories that you've already posted by editing the title with the prefix (MSSS).You can even edit and change your story right up until the 14th of Febuary.

Any more questions please feel free to ask them.

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I like the prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place idea. just my two cents though.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can go along with that.

I only get 10,000 ATS points for my pocket money.How the spoils are divided is open.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
How are the stories judged, and by who?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Last time I did but to be honest I found it very hard.This time I'll pick some judges from members that do not enter.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
OK,I'm getting a few questions about what the green forums are.

These are the Green forums.

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

Cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts

Medical Issues & Conspiracies

Conspiracies in Religion & Spiritualism

Paranormal Studies

Predictions

a lot of entries so far.It's shaping up nicely.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Can we exchange ATS points for prizes or something? I'm not really sure on the meaning of these points. Thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killuminati
Can we exchange ATS points for prizes or something? I'm not really sure on the meaning of these points. Thanks

Hi Killuminati!

Go to "MemberCentre" at the top of your screen and click on it - you'll see a tag "Store". Here you can exchange your "points" for various goodies - increased U2U's, backgrounds, membership of RATS, etc...

Hope that helps?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is just a reminder.There is still plenty of time to enter a short story for this competition.Don't be backward in coming forward.If you have a story,even if you've never written stories that others can read,now is a good time to try it and ATS is a good place to do it.

I'm really pleased with the entries so far.The competition is hotting up nicely.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've got an idea. I think you'll be seeing it soon

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OK,

Two weeks to go before entries have to be in.

Plenty of time.

Don't forget to post your story.There are a lot of points at stake.This is the quick way into RATS.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You'll get an MA story Jb1, and good on you for your timely reminders.

My motives are not RATS membership, they are a desire to entertain coupled with pure avarice.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
My motives are not RATS membership, they are a desire to entertain coupled with pure avarice.

Yes, your eyes isn't obivously on the RATS, because you have got 16 times more than my points.

How in the world, did you manage to get all these points?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just a reminder to everyone that there is only one week to go before entries must be in.

Don't put it off and leave it until the last minute.

Oh 1 week until Valentines day also.For those with wives and partners don't put that off until the last minute either.

[Edited on 7-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
3 days before entries have to be in.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
sorry where do we post them? on this thread here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join