It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minorities Becoming Majority in Some Areas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0
One can understand the fear most Caucasians would feel on this type of change. Perhaps there is some basis for their fear, their way of life is probably changing (not a lot though IMO). If one were to put oneself in their shoes, it becomes understandable.

It is changing quite a bit actually, so much so, my wife and I are movnig immediately after our baby is born.

However, was this country not created on the basis of immigration? People from other nations calling this their new home to make a better life. So now that the white majority is being threatened that ideal does not hold?

That occurred when a newly formed nation was being populated. We already have a large population here, no increase is needed.

I can assure you most people come to the US to improve their stock in life, not to alter the demographics. Also most immigrants I have come across try their hardest to blend in to absorb the cultural values, those who cannot usually head back. I really cant see how a change in demographics will change those great ideals such as freedom of expression, opportunity for all.

If most do not come here to change the demographics, what would you make of the plan known as La Reconquista?

Maybe the immigrants around you are different than the majority of hispanic immigrants in my area (Las Vegas). The immigrants out here show a complete lack of willingness to assimilate. English is the last thing on their minds, they are perfectly content being catered to in spanish.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just what is your point Intrepid?
Are you implying we Americans should shut up and just let anyone and everyone in the USA that wants to come in and let them undo everything that has been done.
Are you trying to tell me that you do not see how this would become the downfall of our country from the inside out?

All of your points are that we do not have any said ownership to this country as Americans. How about we send them all your way to Canada and see how your country lasts after illegals start running ramped and trashing your system.

As a matter of fact do you think Canadians were the first to step foot in your country?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think that the standing argument is that humanity owns the planet collectively. To get caught up in borders and immaginary lines predetermined by illegal acts of conquest, is to support a backwards mentality that does not fit into this ever increasingly interdependant world. Isolationism will be the death of this country if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
*snip*

I just snipped the non-relavent parts.

What's your problem dude? I suggest you read the thread to see where this came from as opposed to coming and blasting away.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They are also the one thing that separates America from Mexico or Cuba or Russia or China for that matter. Different cultures live in different ways and I like my way of life and my country's.

That is an argument people use to break down social structure.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
not necesarrily, without a stimulus from out side sources, cultures become stagnant and eventually die out in favor of new more relavant ones.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
*snip*

I just snipped the non-relavent parts.

What's your problem dude? I suggest you read the thread to see where this came from as opposed to coming and blasting away.

I read it, I am allowed my opinion right? I just did not agree with the point you were making. It was pointless!

We (Americans) came, we conquered and this land is ours. Making the point that we do not have a deed with our name on it from the Indians does not prove that we have no right to defend our country from being invaded.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
is it being invaded or is this a sign of mass global migration to the sources of world wealth. This country is everyday more dependant on other economies, why should territory be an issue when the benefit is for the world. We like being a super power I immagine, that has a price. look to rome, had they not incorperated the worlds citizens they would have been over run before they got the first road down. interdependance is part of empire. It is instinct to produce non zero sumness, a win win situation. That is our future, more complex and intertwined existances

[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
is it being invaded or is this a sign of mass global migration to the sources of world wealth.

There is another organism that acts very much like that.

It is called a parasite.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
so humans are parasites......I dont think so. We are survivalists though. You can think what you like but the model for the future is one of a complex and intertwined world. Isolationism is a fad not of this time.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

However, was this country not created on the basis of immigration? People from other nations calling this their new home to make a better life. So now that the white majority is being threatened that ideal does not hold?

That occurred when a newly formed nation was being populated. We already have a large population here, no increase is needed.

Hmmm how large should the population be, and who decides and how is it decided when the increase is "needed"? Anyhow the questions is about changing demographics not population control.

If most do not come here to change the demographics, what would you make of the plan known as La Reconquista?

Maybe the immigrants around you are different than the majority of hispanic immigrants in my area (Las Vegas). The immigrants out here show a complete lack of willingness to assimilate. English is the last thing on their minds, they are perfectly content being catered to in spanish.

Do they instruct their children to only speak Spanish as well? Do you never see them holding the American flag on the 4th of July?

I guess every latin american is in on this plan you mention, and they work nights and days at restaurants and other types of manual labor jobs, just waiting for the day when they will take over! AS you say bro

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
that is retarded. they want to take over this country......are you on crack or just a disinfo guy, get real man this is backwards thinking.

I have seen plenty celebrate the 4th of july with the best of em. ...so not based on fact...PROPAGANDA......

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2believeor0

Hmmm how large should the population be, and who decides and how is it decided when the increase is "needed"? Anyhow the questions is about changing demographics not population control.

Considering our infrastructure, healthcare, social services, etc etc. are just about at critical mass already, no further population increases are needed.

Do they instruct their children to only speak Spanish as well? Do you never see them holding the American flag on the 4th of July?

Hispanics lead in terms of high school dropouts, evidently they aren't supporting the notion that education is important. I don't pay attention to what they wave on the 4th of July, I pay attention to what they hang on their car or wave during their little rallies.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
having pride for ones culture hardly ever effects one's pride for one's country. If you think it is at critical mass how is it the same argument has been presented time and time again yet a "crash" never happens with an increasing immigration as you say. Dont be so harsh man, I fly two flags too , doesnt meen I dont fly the stars ad stripes with the same pride...that says nothing of a persons intent to assimilate a culture, it speaks of integrity towards ones roots.

So drop out rates make us what........ I think minority drop out rates speak more of an environment unsupportive to them than a example of hispanics acheivements in academia. of which there are many. what does that have to do with anything. People are dropping out and jopining the army more than ever before, I dont get it. You are saying they are dumb, or less capable, or maybe they dont want to be educated what....prove it buddy. And show the rate of drop outs for everyone, then tell me it is evidence of something. You seem to have an agenda though.....sniff sniff

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

that is retarded. they want to take over this country......are you on crack or just a disinfo guy, get real man this is backwards thinking.

I have seen plenty celebrate the 4th of july with the best of em. ...so not based on fact...PROPAGANDA......

Yea, I guess you're right, these people aren't looking to take over the country....

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

having pride for ones culture hardly ever effects one's pride for one's country. If you think it is at critical mass how is it the same argument has been presented time and time again yet a "crash" never happens with an increasing immigration as you say. Dont be so harsh man, I fly two flags too , doesnt meen I dont fly the stars ad stripes with the same pride...that says nothing of a persons intent to assimilate a culture, it speaks of integrity towards ones roots.

So drop out rates make us what........ I think minority drop out rates speak more of an environment unsupportive to them than a example of hispanics acheivements in academia. of which there are many.

Why do hispanics need a special "supporting" (whatever that is) environment? Are they unable to graduate without being catered to?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
you implied it is indicitive of something.....not I. you seem to want to get me on the defensive. You defend what you say, I will defend what I say. That has nothing to do with the argument at hand. You just want me to engage you on why they need special treatment, something I never said, I just extrapulated from what you said, an argument I wanted clarification on. Dont play these games with me buddy, I have been saying nothing more than what is our current path we are on and our ability to adapt and survive, or become a backwards people.

a handful of pictures says nothing about the event or the protest they pretain to. While colorful and attention getting they serve no real purpose of clarification other than a visual to something you have yet to inteligently explain. Are they even from the same event? or did you just find the most retareded pics you could so as to paint the hispanic community as vile hippie protesters. Ignoring the fact that a active and reactionist population is probably the best defence against government abuses

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

you implied it is indicitive of something.....not I. you seem to want to get me on the defensive. You defend what you say, I will defend what I say. That has nothing to do with the argument at hand. You just want me to engage you on why they need special treatment, something I never said, I just extrapulated from what you said, an argument I wanted clarification on. Dont play these games with me buddy, I have been saying nothing more than what is our current path we are on and our ability to adapt and survive, or become a backwards people.

Our current path could be directed back towards the right path by simply securing the borders and enforcing the laws.

Hispanics do not need special treatment, they just don't embrace the idea that education is important to succeeding in the future.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I never said they did, you implied they are all drop outs...a mute point since we are not debating that. You argue then that the current state of global economics is wrong and we need to resort to an isolationst policy, I wonder how long our Big coorperations would stay here in a country unsupportive of international trade and exchange of ideas, persons, and industries......BACKWARDS thinking..

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is the fact that you think they are unsupportive of education an oppinion or what because the growing number of latino bussiness men and profesionals in allmost every gambit of our society IS indicitive of their ability to learn and grow.....but again what does that have to do with this....just wanted to rag on us......

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join