It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minorities Becoming Majority in Some Areas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
TruthSeeka-

Inhabitation does not equal ownership. When you claim these lands were "stolen" that implies that the indians owned this land. Unless you can prove otherwise, you are merely assigning wrongful ownership.

OK, so who "owned" the land before white man came along?

Secondly, who "owns" it now? And why?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That is how Nations gain power, that is how it has been done for thousands of years. The meet new people, with new lands and they conquer them, taking their land.

So then, if say Mexico & China take over the US, kill everyone here, and repopulate it with their own people, you have no problem with it, because "That is how Nations gain power".

Good to know.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You know, I have seen alot of immigration threads. This is a conspiracy site right? I wonder how all these "not in my backyard" types would feel if aliens came down and started to move in on our land. Would you tell them that they have to be naturalized citizens first and sick the border patrol on them. I change my mind about disclosure. WE ARE NOT READY!!! We cant even get over the whole "mine" philosophy, I see we are 2-3 years old world wide.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

That is how Nations gain power, that is how it has been done for thousands of years. The meet new people, with new lands and they conquer them, taking their land.

So then, if say Mexico & China take over the US, kill everyone here, and repopulate it with their own people, you have no problem with it, because "That is how Nations gain power".

Good to know.

Never said i had no problem with it, i just spoke the truth. The only thing keeping them from doing what you say is because they know they would lose.
I swear, the ignorance on this board is intolerable sometimes, go back to school already

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

OK, so who "owned" the land before white man came along?

Secondly, who "owns" it now? And why?

Considering a large number of tribes did not believe in the idea of land ownership, no one owned it at that point.

To give an example of my previous statement, if you purchased an empty piece of land as an investment, would ownership therefore transfer to me if I pitched a tent on said land? No. Inhabitation does not equal ownership.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Never said i had no problem with it, i just spoke the truth. The only thing keeping them from doing what you say is because they know they would lose.
I swear, the ignorance on this board is intolerable sometimes, go back to school already

You are mistaken if you think China, Russia, Mexico, or any other large nation would have no success. It may be a long battled fight (like Iraq) ... but with the apathy of the u.s.american public ... it may not be no where near the battle you believe it to be. The masses won't even vote or stand up to their own government ... why would they fight jets, tanks, and automatic weapons?

you are right, ignorance on the board is nearly intolerable ... especially the racism and discrimination.

We are all people of flesh and blood. Borders are not real, they are made up by people, so is land ownership. We don't own the land ... if fact ... you don't own YOUR land. If you fail to pay taxes, guess what? The government has a permanent lease on your property. If you owned it, it would cost you nothing once it was paid. Land belongs to all life on the planet, not us silly humans who tend to be a bit to cocky/arrogant of our own value.

We did STEAL the land and in corrupt fashion. So, we can do nothing but EXPECT it to happen to us. It seems you usually receive what you dish out ... there seems to be a lot of hate and violence being dished out. Look at the SICK comment of the casual mention and use of nuclear weapons. How can you hate people you never met? So, people living their daily lives in Mexico, in peace and not breaking laws deserve to die because you think it would be a hoot?

Stop the hate, violence, wars, anger ... start seeing us as all one group. Humans. That is it. We are all earthlings. Of course, that may be beyond some people's abilities of reason, comprehension, and moral fiber.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

you are right, ignorance on the board is nearly intolerable ... especially the racism and discrimination.

Do you think any criticism of illegal immigration at all equates to racism?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
No, you are the one thats mistaken. IF one of those countries you mentioned were fortunate enough to get past our military then they would have to deal with the USA's 50 Million + gun owners with ouver 100 Million guns total.
If you think that US citizens would just sit back and allow another countries military occupy us then you apparently dont know us very well.
Think Ruby Ridge but on a massive scale.
Everyone i know owns at least one weapon and some of the guns arent exactly the kind you can get down at the local gun store or gun show.
Back to those countries though. China couldnt do it because they dont have the logistics to move, house and feed the amount of troops necessary to invade us.
Russia, well at this time they just dont have the manpower. The US would flick them away like they were a flea. Now Mexico
between my fits of laughing ill try and get a sentence out regarding Mexico. I do know Mexico and Mexicans ver y well, I live 2 hours from the border and have been to that dump more times than I want to remember.
The only reason that an invasion by them would last more than a few days is because it would take us that long to stop laughing and realize they were serious. And between getting lost and their frequent siestas in those few days, they would have only advanced a few miles if any at all.
Yea, I feel pretty safe from a foreign invasion. My concerns are problems that will come from within, thats what we have to worry about.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How would you react to contact with extraterestrials? would you consider them a threat if they decide they like it here and wanted to "move in" ? would you consider wars with them, and who could do what? Maybe you think that problems actually get "solved" by the big stick philosophy? intertesting..........Would you intoduce your self to a species in hopes of sharing the universe with them if they cant even share a small insignificant peice of it? get my drift. we are not ready. just look at this mess, read back, this is evidence of our strength and unity as a species? Our greatest acheivements in our minds are those acheived by the sword, It always goes back to that with us. Freecking death. Why do we even want civilized life if we could just kill our way to pleasure and power without all these rules. All this CON-SID-ER-ATION...blah blah blah. Who care about the needs of fellow human beings, what do we owe anyone , blahblah blah, we're the best. Forget the world, lets take it iover already. YOU ARE INSANE! whats a real threat? -people willing to work and produce for your country, or bad government that kills its own citizens in useless wars. Wars which some people actually like and think are in some way good.That and perpetuate the situation causing these people to come here. Having a policy of destabilization towards third world countries does have a negative effect on the employment rate of those countries. That is something the worlds elite are guilty of rather than just the U.S. government. Most agree that more could have been done to stop this immigration problem, maybe they want us distracted by this so we dont take issue with other things going on. Some will say "stay on topic", I argue it is all related. One plan many effects.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Actually, I think, all ILLEGAL immigrants need to be deported back, and work off the cost they made the the legal residents in community services in their country of origin.

The title of the topic is stating current minorities becoming the majority. Your racism turns that into a white pride discussion ... instead of just reading the words for their meaning. Americans of mexican background are equal citizens as americans as those of any other country, since, unless you are native american, inuit, or native hawaiian ... you are either one or a mix of irish-polish-russian-african-german-italian-austrian-australian-puerto rican-cuban-brazillian-chinese-japanese-etc. do I really need to list all the countries of the world? To ignore that fact and push an agenda is, well, ignorant to say the least ... evil to put it more accurately.

That has nothing to do with illegal aliens. It has everything to do with color of skin. This is the problem. You make it seem like minorities are illegal. What a load of it.

Whites will be the minority. So what. Who cares? Why do those people care and make an issue of ethnicity in these times? Legal immigrants, have a right to be here. What you are forgetting, there are a lot of NATURAL born citizens that are not 'white'. They have lived here for many generations and are more american than a lot of the people in this thread, since they don't seem to hate white people just because of their skin, but accept them as fellow americans REGARDLESS of the color of skin.

And as far as countries invading ... I said it would be a fight. I guess you read what you want and then yell at people. I said it would be like Iraq ... there are NO winners, just lots of dead people for no reason. If you think we can take on Russia and China together ... well, let's hope so if they wish to take away our liberties. If they come to help us restore our constitution (I doubt that would happen though), then I support them helping the people help themselves. I wish to live under NO dictator. I wish to always have my liberty. Let's not confuse the issues.

I have a lot of pride in the TRUE meaning of the U.S.A. Freedom and Justice for All. Not this watered down b.s. of well if you are like me, you are in, if you are different I cannot tolerate you.

Intolerance is ignorance.

Being a true American is seeing all people, regardless of their religion, nationality, beliefs, wants, desires, age, anything ... as equals. Illegal immigrants are not u.s.americans ... they are lawbreakers ... if they want to live here and have the american dream, they need to do so legally. This however is not the issue, but the thread has been turned into it.

I am a TRUE AMERICAN. I just wish there was more of us here.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm a TRUE American and I see that Mexicans are just the scapegoat in all this mess. Whatever goes bad in America, blame it on the Mexican. You can't find a job? Blame the Mexican. Can't find Osama? Blame the Mexican. Insurance too high? Blame the Mexican. Schools aren't teaching our kids? Blame the Mexican.
Didn't Nazi Germany do the same with Jews? Lets build some camps and ship the Mexicans into them. They can work hard on building bombs for our new venture against Iran. If they won't work, throw them into an oven.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Yes it does because the vast majority of illegals are of one ethnicity - Latino/Hispanic and because illegal immigration is a major reason behind changing demographics.

The Hispanic population in my county of 1,400,000 went from a few hundred and less then 1% to about 17% of the population in less then a decade.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Imigration comes in waves ,depending on crisis in the world. When Ireland suffered famine they came here. When china saw the development of drug societies, and economic depression, they came here. etc. South american peoples are the new wave but as with all flow of people, it will subside when their countries back home are stabilized and self sufficient. I would say that our imigration policies are going to be ineffective in actually solving the situation, ever. The real problem is that globally we are a war marketing bussiness, I could argue that our current foreign relations policy is exasterbating the situation of global hostilities, but I will refrain from such a long winded "agenda" really it is your choice. The truth is if they could be home and make it they would. We want to find a trunk when there is an elephant. Why are they comming here, its that great here they abandon their homes, families, culture in many cases, for what?.......I think to survive, not materialism, or lust of our "Stuff"? . Simple survival, and our leaders saw it comming when they started this mess. What would you do if you were drowning? take your last breath and suck it in because the guy on dry land says ......."No thank you pablo", we have enough. If we like being a world influence worth note, then we must face the duties and responsibilities to the world we in effect create. We should know our purpose and realize this planet needs a good example. Remember Rome was not great by the sword alone. In her, the world saw light , as one. Every one shed blood and sweat together for a common purpose. Thats why America will miss out on the opportunity offered now. To make a golden age once more. We could usher in a new era of human development, but instead we long for isolationism. What a great deal of everything we waste, a whole continent for all our generations to thrive, but instead this will probably end in more war and resentment. More anti- unity. The fight against good being fought and won. I chose something different.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Considering a large number of tribes did not believe in the idea of land ownership, no one owned it at that point.

Funny how they fought over it so much if they didn't have ownership in it.
But I'm open to hearing more about this if you can find some info on it.

To give an example of my previous statement, if you purchased an empty piece of land as an investment, would ownership therefore transfer to me if I pitched a tent on said land? No. Inhabitation does not equal ownership.

That makes no sense at all. They didn't purchase anything, they cultivated the land.

And to my last question please, who owns the land now?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As far as our courts are concerned our government owns the land, the "responsible" men who own the country. We rent space to park our cars on public streets. We pay taxes for anything we own. We in effect dont own a single crumb of soil. Our government "owns" the land now intrepid, Uncle sam.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
As far as our courts are concerned our government owns the land, the "responsible" men who own the country. We rent space to park our cars on public streets. We pay taxes for anything we own. We in effect dont own a single crumb of soil. Our government "owns" the land now intrepid, Uncle sam.

Not according to slackerwire:

"Inhabitation does not equal ownership." That was my point. If the natives didn't own the land, how can todays Americans claim the same? If todays Americans own the land then so did the natives and it was taken from them.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
(Currently Putting hammer away) as it is that you hit it on the head

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Funny how they fought over it so much if they didn't have ownership in it.
But I'm open to hearing more about this if you can find some info on it.

The idea of individual ownership didn't exist in the indian tribes. The tribe may own a piece of land and went to war over another chunk of real estate for many reasons: strategic importance, soil fertility, etc etc.

That makes no sense at all. They didn't purchase anything, they cultivated the land.

The how do you propose they "owned it"

And to my last question please, who owns the land now?

If it isn't under private ownership, unfortunately it is unconstitutionally owned by the federal government.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
One can understand the fear most Caucasians would feel on this type of change. Perhaps there is some basis for their fear, their way of life is probably changing (not a lot though IMO). If one were to put oneself in their shoes, it becomes understandable.

However, was this country not created on the basis of immigration? People from other nations calling this their new home to make a better life. So now that the white majority is being threatened that ideal does not hold?

I can assure you most people come to the US to improve their stock in life, not to alter the demographics. Also most immigrants I have come across try their hardest to blend in to absorb the cultural values, those who cannot usually head back. I really cant see how a change in demographics will change those great ideals such as freedom of expression, opportunity for all.

Personally I dont mind if the US stays mostly white or mix of races, I dont think this, well established society can change for the worse because no one will accept such a change. Americans have a good thing going here!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just had to address one post from the previous pages, regarding 48% of prison population being black. Is it not possible that their history of being exploited, not being treated at par could have something to do with it.

Once a juggernaut like that starts it becomes a culture, hard to change, especially when not much is done to alter it. I am not blaming anyone, the black people must realize this themselves and make their own change. Hats off to those successful individuals who go back to their communities and help bring a positive change, better than pointing out statistics and blaming a race for everyones troubles.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join