It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. withdrawal needed for security, Iran tells Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

U.S. withdrawal needed for security, Iran tells Iraq

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - An end to violence in Iraq depends on the United States withdrawing its troops, Iran told Iraq's prime minister on Thursday, seeking to deflect the blame for bloodshed that Washington directs at Tehran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
While Washington stays the course of blaming Iran for training new militias that move into Iraq, Iran defends it's position that the American troops are to blame for the violence.

This is what Iran's vice president Parviz Davoudi had to say:

"Establishment of stability and calm in Iraq depends on ... the withdrawal of the occupying forces and an end to their interferences in Iraq and also on the authority of the government of Mr Maliki,"

IMO I would like to see a troop withdrawal, it's been too long. What do you all think, is it time to bring them home, or would it cause more problems?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes it will cause problems.
But thats a consequence we are going to have to accept for entering this mindless war in the first place.

If we stay, or leave it will be bloody.

Bottom line, its not our land, its not our nation. We have no right to be there, we have no reason to be there.

The only positive coming from Iraq, is that the western corporations involved are reaping billions.
They are so inter-connected to the Bush administration, it does not matter MAJORITY of public want troops home, it does not matter what anyone thinks.
Because they are making money, and Iraqi's are reaping the bad effects.
Remember, Bush never left America before he became president, so in his mind... all these problems bringing in all this money.. are ' way, way over there '

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ripping a bandaid off a wound will cause great pain, but it still must be done. The pain will not last forever.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Bring them home. Leaving Iraq won't be easy.

Yes, it is true that if we stay long enough we can leave Iraq much more peaceful than it is now. But now one knows how long that may take, how much it will cost and if they even want us there.

We didn't wait for an invitation to come, why are we waiting on an invitation to leave.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What if the wound gets infected due to being exposed to the world around it.

Basically the same idea here is being pushed aside.e

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Ripping a bandaid off a wound will cause great pain, but it still must be done. The pain will not last forever.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Of course its a no win situation for the U.S. but i say pull them out of this hair brained operation.I find it hard to belive our intellegence services didnt foresee this before we invaded.If they did foresee the consequences then damn them.I want to leave iraq and hope the american public acts courageously to put all the proponents of this fiasco on trial!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If we stay, or leave it will be bloody.

Bottom line, its not our land, its not our nation. We have no right to be there, we have no reason to be there.

I agree, I'm tired of my country being the police of the world. I would like to see less foreign intervention from our government, and more securing our borders before we even think of securing other countries.

The only positive coming from Iraq, is that the western corporations involved are reaping billions.
They are so inter-connected to the Bush administration, it does not matter MAJORITY of public want troops home, it does not matter what anyone thinks.

Agreed. Didn't we put the democrats in congress to pull our troops out? Lot of good that did.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Be patient Aces...unless they have a two-thirds majority in both houses or the Presidency, there's little the Demos can do to stop this war.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think if we leave the Russians may come in to steal their oil with the help of Iran. The Saudis would have no choice but to try to stop it and what you would have is a huge war. YES lets pull out now and let them kill each other on a bigger scale. I want the troops home to secure our borders now. We have plenty of oil in our own gulf.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The US and UK should leave and UN and Iranian forces have to fill the vacuum. To completely withdraw troops without replacing them with peacekeepers would create a bloodbath, and also be a disgusting and cowardly act after causing so much suffering.

What the US and UK has done to the people of that country is a tragedy and will be a stain on our nations (yep, another one) histories.

At least when they're shooting and blowing up soldiers fewer innocent's are being killed. Sounds callous, but at least those bullets and bombs aren't flying around market places.

Soldiers are used to kill people, they're not peacekeepers, no matter how much they dress it up in the ads....... learn to use technology, it's good for your future, but in the meantime you've gotta use it to kill people. What we have in Iraq is the result of leaving it in the incapable hands of the modern military.

Police the world indeed.....Pah!
I always assumed that Policing was generally intended to increase safety, not make death by random acts of shocking violence more likely.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Russia is a strong Iranian ally. Not to just throw a conspiracy out there but has anyone other than myself noticed the name of the Iraqi Prime Minister.... Jawad al Maliki; anyone like to venture a guess of what the last name means in Russian... you just can't make this up.

This is how he is being treated...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

What an ignorant view. Tell that to the Iraqis, they are going to suffer for a long time with or without occupying troops.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Russia is a strong Iranian ally. Not to just throw a conspiracy out there but has anyone other than myself noticed the name of the Iraqi Prime Minister.... Jawad al Maliki; anyone like to venture a guess of what the last name means in Russian... you just can't make this up.

yeah, what does it mean? doesn't come up in any russian to english dictionary.

new topics

top topics

join