It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

spiritual potentials in humans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This thread will discuss the potential of human bodies to acclimate to a sort of a spiritual matebolism. Topics could include kundalini, Qigong, and other associated topics and thier impact on society past and future.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I will start this off by posing the question? has anyone tried to activate these and realized how hard it is to keep them "Running" in present day society and then realized almost everything in our society is either unintentionaly or intentionaly geared to make it impossible to nourish such potentials i.e. processed food in overabundance, alchohal, tabocco, constant stimulation and not to mention pollution, fear, disinformation, stressfull jobs and addicting "games." It would be interesting to hear personal stories or anything else to help start discussion.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by priloco
I will start this off by posing the question? has anyone tried to activate these and realized how hard it is to keep them "Running" in present day society and then realized almost everything in our society is either unintentionaly or intentionaly geared to make it impossible to nourish such potentials i.e. processed food in overabundance, alchohal, tabocco, constant stimulation and not to mention pollution, fear, disinformation, stressfull jobs and addicting "games." It would be interesting to hear personal stories or anything else to help start discussion.

yes, i have realized that. absolutely true!! I tried doing this several months ago and was blown away. then i realized about fear and all the processed #, violence, and hatred that is fed to us shuts it right now. i think its changing though. people are staring to "wakeup" and realize that a fundamental change needs to be made in our world if we are to be able to become truly spiritual and empowered.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks jamjerry if you dont mind me asking what mode or way did you use to activate these potentials and did you have any success or like me one feels the energy working (which by the way is very addictive in its own) and then kinda freaks out as one realizes this is giong to change everything about how one interfaces with the world. it is kinda freaky and to much when you first start out and it helps to go slow and not push it and definitely find a sopportive group of like minded individuals.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have noticed that there isn't so much a discreet spectrum of spiritual activation or non-activation associated with diet and environment. You are always tuned into something.

What I have noticed is that diet and environment does have a huge impact on what you are tuned in to and what you can notice.

There is a certain arrogance associated with the thought that you are either turned on or turned off. You are always turned on to something, and always turned off to something else. Its merely a question of focus.

Personally I enjoy spending time tuned in to each of the different aspects I have found. For example, if you play a video game long enough, your dreams will be interpreted through the residual images and within the context of that game. This is true even if it is not a video game, take Chess or Go or Backgammon, they each provide a mental model that allows the mind to express itself.

Other times, it's the emptiness of mind that I really enjoy and am able to learn from. Sometimes its about abstaining from foods or drugs, other times its about binging on foods or drugs. Other times its about moderation. Sometimes its about stimulation, others its about monotony.

Ultimately it really all depends on what you are looking for. But there is not up or down, just omnidirectional methods, each which take you different places.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Quazga]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Thanks jamjerry if you dont mind me asking what mode or way did you use to activate these potentials and did you have any success or like me one feels the energy working (which by the way is very addictive in its own) and then kinda freaks out as one realizes this is giong to change everything about how one interfaces with the world. it is kinda freaky and to much when you first start out and it helps to go slow and not push it and definitely find a sopportive group of like minded individuals.

well, at the risk of sounding like some freak cult member, which I'm not, i really found this web helpful www.michaelsharp.org.... I use this meditation

www.michaelsharp.org...

or a shorter version. it took me about two weeks to start feeling the energy flow and then, just like this guy said, all off a sudden I was confronting all sorts of fears and issues that I had thought I had dealt with years ago. it was totally freaked out because frankly, before this, I was atheist and didn't believe in god/spirit at all. scary and ya, you make a decision about whether or not you want to go forward because it changes everything. You stick with it though and sooner rather than later your ideas about everything change. I still have the same opinions about the NWO, elite control, politics, and all that, but now I actually think I can do something about it. I feel empowered in a spiritual sense. Some people might laugh at this but you know, you've felt it right. its like RAW POWER and it amazing once you get past the fear and stuff.

so what's your experience?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
very interesting take. I dont know if we should or could define these "potentials as i have no better word for them and as you have pointed out they are highly subjective. I am very interested in how far one can go and the emergent phenomonea such as "biqu" (eating chi) and other such phenome like remote viewing and healing. personaly i have felt less hungry for long stretches of time and feel like i dont "need" to eat but thier is always food around and everyone seems to force it on you in my opinion. as for the other facets i have had very weird experiences with healing others that i cannot explian rationally at least with western science. as for remote viewing I cannot say for sure as i have vivid imagery with the more energized my body gets but i cant tell for sure if it is just imagination or some facet of reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
jim jam, I got really sick with west nile and lymes disease and stumbled upon Springforestqigong and i could not believe how much energy you can get in 30 minutes. after that i attended a few healing conferences (healed my mom of food poisoning in 1 day) and got hooked i am still diong it but like you say sometimes empowerment is scary and one just wants to crawl back into ones old patterns and one realizes people dont want to hear this. They love thier reality view even if it sucks.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i am leaving for a days but will get back to this as soon as possible very interesting stuff. keep posting new opinions.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

They love thier reality view even if it sucks.

i think its fear. i dealt with a lot of fears when doing this energy work, activating chakras. I realize after a while that I was manifesting those fears but they are scarry. i was raised catholic and had terrible fears of god and damnation and i literally face damnation and walk through that fear before I could "stay activated" I think our whole society, wait, i think the elites of this world, the priests and politicians and even scientists participate in a system designed to opress and suppress our spiritual powers and energies. they make us spiritually impotent and nice docile little slave people by feeding us all sorts of nonesense about who we are and where we come from and our purpose--all designed to make us accept the world.

its an amazing power we have and I just hope we can wake up enough of the slaves to it before its too late.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Let them sleep. They'll wake up when they need to.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a whole lot of us are unwittingly 'addicted' to stress, noise, social peers,

processed food stuffs crammed with sugar compounds to give us the instant rush. etc etc

meditation, solitude, communion with nature, Zen & Tao & eastern philosophy/ideology in general, Yoga, etc...

balanced with;
some chess games of strategies, pragmatic engineering & problem solving, even jig-saw puzzles ... all for grounding/contrast
=(left brain+right brain stuff)

~a rather general overview~
so you can see there are 'some' results oriented life exercises
but not All life endeavors or practices are "results oriented"

[edit on 9-8-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Also has anyone read about '___' or subtle bodies. The spirit Molecule and Terrance Mckenna material are very interesting and goes into some very far out areas of this. Thier seems to be cultures in the amazon that at least the shamons know of the subtle body and they can chemically alter what it tunes into. I am no expert but very interesting ideas I will try to post some links when I get back in a few days. also wondering if anyone has experienced bigu.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Also has anyone read about '___' or subtle bodies. The spirit Molecule and Terrance Mckenna material are very interesting and goes into some very far out areas of this. Thier seems to be cultures in the amazon that at least the shamons know of the subtle body and they can chemically alter what it tunes into. I am no expert but very interesting ideas I will try to post some links when I get back in a few days. also wondering if anyone has experienced bigu.

yup. i've read it. very cool stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
st. udio, yes the social peer pressure seems to be another huge obstacle especially with males at least where i am from around these parts our idea of a good time is beer, more beer, some steak or fastfood, football and then more beer and mabey driving around the country for a while. also suger seems to be everywhere and in everything and high fructose corn syrup. Biqu interests me alote because if it is possible to feed off of chi which as far as i can tell is inexaustable then it would save alote of time and effort not to mention money in the whole not starving or becoming an addict from your food.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Another facet of this that i would like to explore are complications as these endevours seem to have complications with some people and as jimjamjerry has siad alote of fear and such comes up. Has anyone read Gopi Krishna's biographys of his ordeal he almost died and it was hard for him to keep his job and family when the energy spontaniously erupted due to prolonged concentration on a symbol of a lotus in his minds eye and also U.G. Krishnumarti (might have spelled it wrong) the anti guru i think they call him. He had a similiar episode in which he wasnt trying to do anything he just realized how screwed up humanity is and simply gave up. he explains it as when the "self" or illusion of self gives up a whole chemical and physiolgical metamorphisis happens and it is completely natural and explosive and the body just takes over with its inherent intelligence. its very in depth and i urge people to read it as it can be shocking to say the least. he is not spiritual at all and he thinks all the phenomone are physical but he does admit that some parts of the body are less physical sort of fields or something.

www.ugkrishnamurti.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
just thought i would post this page as it shows testimonials to what qigong and spiritual practice can do

www.springforestqigong.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

... Biqu interests me alote because if it is possible to feed off of chi which as far as i can tell is inexaustable

that's where the 'balance' comes in,
balancing the 'physical+spiritual' = "physical ~ metaphysical"

one cannot depend solely on feeding from Chi energy,
one must also take sustenance for the physical body
~as i understand it~

one must determine just how far one is willing to stretch the limit,
if one is desirious to have one foot in each world (as it were)

for many, they have elected to mute their inner voice and be earth 'grazers'
for others, they 'aspire' to something different, which is only partially explainable

thanks,

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
yes the biqu thing freaks me out a little i have read alot eabout it and have met one person who only eats one meal a week of tofu. they say you should do it for about 12 to 14 days to detoxify and some people just keep giong. I agree with you that you need to be balanced and the key is to eat and drink when you are hungry and thirsty never push it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
here is a link to a certian form of energized fasting.

www.qinway.org...

new topics

top topics

join