It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is building his case for war in Iran: Images of "insurgents" firing Iranian missles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
And hits coming soon

Closer and closer to what the govt's real goal is next. we got Iraq, we got Afghan and guess whose in the middle? Can you say squeeze play?

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Absolutely true. Its a textbook case, they even put it on Fox news. Iran is a major threat to the Administration.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Who wants to bet that those pictures are faked? ;-P

It wouldn't matter anyway. The US will be in a war in Iran before the next US presidential election and whoever gets in power will have to finish the job that George W Bush started whether they want to or not. Skull and Bones plan my man. Skull and Bones plan.

Is it just me or do those guys lok like americans anyway? ;-P I'd say they work for the US government anyhows...

[edit on 9-8-2007 by DaRAGE]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

It wouldn't matter anyway. The US will be in a war in Iran before the next US presidential election and whoever gets in power will have to finish the job that George W Bush started whether they want to or not. Skull and Bones plan my man. Skull and Bones plan.

Is it just me or do those guys lok like americans anyway? ;-P I'd say they work for the US government anyhows...

Its funny how people always demand evidence for a claim like the one that accuses Iran of arming insurgents.
Some will say, well show me a picture of an insurgent using an Iranian made or supplied weapon but when one is shown, the first words from those same people are, "that pic is fake" or the people in that image are actually CIA front men dressed up like insurgents.
Anyway, whatever.
Do I know if this image is the real thing? No I dont and didnt claim to in my post either.
All I was doing when I posted that image was sharing with other people something that I found in case they missed it.
If you read between the lines of my post youll see that I was basically saying that this is the direction the Govt is heading, trying to justify an invasion of Iran by any means necessary. I believe this was their goal all along. Theyre playing it like a chess match, setting up their pieces, surrounding Iran from two sides, Iraq and Afghanistan, then Checkmate.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
A few things strike me as odd about these pictures

1. No one shows their faces..
If we had video of insurgents using munitions, we'd be showing face's, because when you hide peoples identities, even when NO ONE will know them, it makes it appear suspicous without need, unless there is.

2. If Iran are arming insurgents, I can pretty much gaurantee they wouldnt be allowing the insurgents to happily portray an act of war in video tapes.

3. Irans assistance with IED's and the new ones.. formed projectiles or what ever, are reaping massive coalition deaths... why revert to missiles when you can be caught and identified easily from the remains/launchers?

4. Why would Iran allow such damning evidence to be fully portrayed when they have a very big presence amongst the Iraqi population?

Im not saying Iran arent in Iraq, cause its pretty obvious they are.. but they wouldnt be allowing a video to be made of them activley assisting, and again they wouldnt be letting insurgents FILM their munitions being used.

My guess?
This pretext for war is picking up, wether its CIA utilised Iraqi's being used to portray insurgents who knows..

But im fairly certain, this isnt just some rag tag militia, filming themselves using Iranian munitions. iran arent that dumb.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I agree kronos, Iran probably was the point all along.
But we never expected Iraq to bog us down this much, thus I believe they expected us to of dealt with Iran long ago, and be home in time for supper before bush is out of office.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
How effective would these kind of weapons be for the insurgents anyway? If Iran is supporting them dont you think there are way better possibilities than these weapons that would need to be deployed in a rather large number to be effective.
What makes these weapons Iranian anyway? Someone ID these? Are these something that insurgency wouldn't be able to build by themselves?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for the neat little photograph of "Product of the Islamic Republic of Iran" written in Farsi on the side of a bomb. Because apparently people are that stupid.

When the US and UK leave the Iranians are going to sweep in and pick up the pieces, dealing with insurgents rather brutally, SAVAK didn't change much when it turned into VEVAK. Then they can turn their attentions to Afghanistan once the allies run away from there. I don't think it's unlikely that Afghanistan will be annexed or turned into some kind of protectorate, partly to attempt to deal with the heroin problem, which will probably fail. Anyway, Iran will be able to enlarge it's landmass and population, along with it's friendly relations with Russia and China I don't think it'll be long until Iran is THE major player in the Middle East.

The US can then look forward to more Iranian investment and support to South American and African states not enamoured to the US. You will also have to confront another eastern nation that it can't bully.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
All I was doing when I posted that image was sharing with other people something that I found in case they missed it.

Man i wasn't having a dig at your post. IT was actually very informative and it did show the direction the the US government is heading and has been heading in for quite some time.

However what i was saying about" these pictures are probably fakes" or planted by the US as the real deal but were probably staged by the US, is this: Have a look at the "evidence" supplied by the US for jsutification for war on Iraq. Weapons of mass destruction. They had documents to prove it. A couple years later it came out those documents were a farce and were made by the US (i think it was cheney) and the evidence planted, bits and pieces of reports cut to bits and put together in misleading ways to support the upcoming war. That document was thrown around the news like a media circus as justification, and off the war went.....
And years later we have word from our own Prime Minister John Howard, that there was no real justification for th war, but we are there in iraq to protect our oil supply...

I just find it a farce. It may not be. But i just dont trust the rubbish that the US governemnt releases anymore. I dont trust the eveidence. The documents. The news reports. You CANT trust it alll. Trust is gained. My trust has been lost.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I lost track of this thread and then forgot about it lol.
Believe me, I know the possibility definitely exists that these images can be and could be fake.
What I meant when I said hes "building his case" is that he is capable of using or creating anything to get what he wants, including using doctored photos and lies from the CIA. After all his dad was the "head CIA guy" a few years ago, im sure hes still got his connections.
Now, according to a new story, theyve actually given the Iranian Revolutionary Guard the label of "terrorist organization" which, in my opinion, is yet another thing he will use to strengthen his case for justification of at least limited attacks on Iran.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

My guess is they are 100% real. But it wouldnt suprise me to learn that the CIA is supplying the missiles and money.

And the elite PR machine is already at work. They've labelled this group a terrorist organization.

www.infowars.com...

Personally I'll be shocked if the Bush administration goes to war against Iran. Its obvious even to know blind masses that Iraq was nothing more than a grab for oil. If Bush gets greedy and goes for Iran, I'd expect a revolt (if impeachment didnt happen)

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

1. No one shows their faces..
If we had video of insurgents using munitions, we'd be showing face's, because when you hide peoples identities, even when NO ONE will know them, it makes it appear suspicous without need, unless there is

Right. One guy is actually staring at the camera.

Aside from that, they are apparently working..
and in the full video you see everyones face..

2. If Iran are arming insurgents, I can pretty much gaurantee they wouldnt be allowing the insurgents to happily portray an act of war in video tapes.

Actually the IRG often films activities such as this for use in recruitment videos and so forth. And yes, Iran is and has been arming SOME of the insurgency, there are some that Iran would like to see stay down like say Sunnis and Kurds .. Iran would love a Shia neighbor. Can we blame them for trying? It is their region.

3. Irans assistance with IED's and the new ones.. formed projectiles or what ever, are reaping massive coalition deaths... why revert to missiles when you can be caught and identified easily from the remains/launchers?

I believe the administration had photos of "made in Iran" on the back of an IED afew months back .. at least we know the administration is creative lol.

IED production for the most part is done in the garages, the rockets are simply fancy mortars which are used regularly.. they where most likely testing them to see if they could cause more damage.

4. Why would Iran allow such damning evidence to be fully portrayed when they have a very big presence amongst the Iraqi population?

Well.. first off I would hazard a guess the tape was not supposed to be found lol..

Secondly, I believe Iran knows we cannot honestly go to war with them at the moment.. and I believe that they may be making or trying to make Iraq hell because when we finish there .. where do we send all our boys who now have alot of free time? Send em to Iran.

Aside from that, Iraq was the regional super power, we tore them down and now Iran is the new regional power and I think they are very interested in seeing the Sunnis get what they deserve, the old government of Iraq wronged Iran a few times, and the treatment of sunnis was less then what Iran would have liked, being mostly Sunni..

Or the video could be a fake. you never really know huh.. wouldn't put it past the gov to do such a thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I guess my thoughts on it are fairly general in nature. Regardless of whether the image or video evidence against Iran are fake, they (US Govt) will still use them to their advantage whether they created them or not. My guess is that, if they're faked, then they're faked by whoever would benefit most by us attacking Iran.
In my opinion, the ones that fall into that category are the Israelis but since it is also what the Bush Admin/Pentagon wants anyway, they wouldnt question the authenticity of any evidence thats introduced anyway.
They are slowly "hand feeding" us (the world) this type of information so that our attitudes will start shifting, even more than it already is, against Iran. Then sometime in the near future, we will turn on the news or pull it up on the Internet and there will be this huge "undeniable" and damning evidence that will be brought up against Iran that will totally change most Americans minds, in favor of an attack against Iran.
My fear is, to what extent will they actually go in creating this terrorist act that will push us into an attack against Iran or all out war?
Since some claim that 911 was an orchestrated attack to bring us into the so called war on terrorism, then there is no telling how far they will go to bring us into a war with Iran.
I'm not saying that it is Israel thats doing this but in my opinion the odds are heavily in favor of that being the case.
All ive got to say is that if we are going to do it, then we damn well better do it right and I hope to hell that we are learning some lessons in Iraq because Iran will not go down without a fight.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Absolutely true. Its a textbook case, they even put it on Fox news. Iran is a major threat to the Administration.

Well i wish all the non collegites good luck in the draft picks.

top topics

join