what really causes colorblindness?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
this is just a thought, with no evidence to support it, but assuming that what we know as our environment and our senses is a program(metophorically) or just what our brain makes us think it is, because of the way it senses the "fourth dimension"(or whatever you want to call the higher level of existance that many believe(myself included) we will become aware of in the near future) if you will what if colorblind people have something different in their brain that causes them to interpret the what our environment really is.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Speaking from the colorblind person's perspective, I honestly don't know what causes colorblindness. I would consider myself more "aware" than the average bear, but never have associated awareness with colorblindness.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I always thought it was the inability of the eye cones to translate the spectrum of light.

And I have always found it more interesting that certain people can see color more clearly. For example, reading every number correctly in those color chart tests.

Something I found while trying to confirm what I believed.

"At one time the U.S. Army found that color blind persons can spot "camouflage" colors where those with normal color vision are fooled by it."

[Edited on 14-1-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the link ADVISOR, now I'm looking to see what the medical term is that explains what colors I don't see well or at all.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
remember, this is assuming that what we percieve to be real may not exist, so any explanation based on accepted physical sciences would be out of the question.

but assuming that what we know as our environment and our senses is a program(metophorically) or just what our brain makes us think it is, because of the way it senses the "fourth dimension"(or whatever you want to call the higher level of existance that many believe(myself included) we will become aware of in the near future)

[Edited on 1-14-2004 by dunkleskates]

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ive always wonderd if we all have differnt perseptions of the world arround us. I mean colors are an interpretation of your brain, and differnt brains differnt colors. Please correct me on this if I'm saying something stupid and it is just a thougth.

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i'm not colourblind but both my eyes are different to each other - one eye see's things with a more bluey hue to it (colder) and the other eye see's things with a more yellow (warmer) hue to it.

new topics
top topics

join