It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are obsolete, this is why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Looks like military weapons used for border patrol are getting really advanced quick. This thing is amazing, it makes people really sick with vomiting and disorientation as a result of contact. This high powered LED is compared to a Star Wars lightsaber! New World Order is proving to be going as planned.

Click here: News - Feds Consider 'Light Saber' Weapon - AOL News

[edit on 8/9/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 8/9/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit: fixed link]

[edit on 9-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Your underlined sentence that looks like a link, is not a link.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Here´s the proper link. And its not a "light saber", rather a flashlight on steroids. I however do not see how this in any way would replace guns, as simple polarized glasses should stop or marginalize the effect.

Also, I don´t know what connection the thread author sees between a George Lucas fairy tale an the NWO, but thats maybe just me

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Have you watched the films? I found it quite interesting how it went down

It definitely isn't light sabers as I would like ... get back to the art of swordsmanship.

I think people are far away from getting in touch with the force within us to even fathom such a thing ... though some seem to grasp the fringe of it with mild telekinesis and other 'para'normal things

High and low pitched sounds and intense light will be psychological warfare used upon the dissidents ... give up or feel bad until you do. Looks like people better stock up on ear plugs and some quality shades!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You use this advanced weapon and let me have my rifle. Hell, I'll even let you take the first shot at 100 yards. Do you really think this will replace a gun.

Or is it just another toy to use on people so lethal force is not used.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sorry about the link, it was late and I went to sleep after posting.

This weapon is purposely designed to affect a large group of people at once. It can neutralize and disable as much as a dozen people at once. Try doing that with a rifle.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
This weapon is purposely designed to affect a large group of people at once. It can neutralize and disable as much as a dozen people at once. Try doing that with a rifle.

Yeah, but a bullet is still going to hit you if you close your eyes. This however, will not. All people have to do is run in the opposite direction or block the light with your hand.

I think it's safe to say conventional guns are going to be the preferred choice for a few more years.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Try doing that with a rifle.

AK, select fully auto - spray and pray, nuff said

Seriously though it is good that more and more 'non-lethal' devices are coming out, the only option is not a gun any more - but they only complement firearms in most situations, they can't seriously expect to replace them.

Could see this been taken up by the prison service in the UK - we don't use nearly as many firearms as our buddies on t'other side of the pond

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Firearms are not, nor is there any danger of them becoming obsolete in the future. As was previously stated, they may incapacitate a large number of people with their little "puke ray gun" but all it takes is a single bullet to put a stop using that weapon.

For those with a little knowledge, something like this could also be used pretty easily to incapacitate the puke ray gun operator.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Or of course to stun, incapacitate or make a lot of people run away FAST you could use this

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Foffle]

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Foffle]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
You use this advanced weapon and let me have my rifle. Hell, I'll even let you take the first shot at 100 yards. Do you really think this will replace a gun.

Or is it just another toy to use on people so lethal force is not used.

Absolutely agreed. Guns and light arms are the #1 cause of death in conflict and have been for a long time. Smart bombs, Laser guided missiles, tanks, even nukes have never taken as many lives as light arms have.. not by a long shot. Guns will be around for a LONG LONG time.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hmmm... I remember this type of warfare... My friends always used it on me when we played flashlight tag in the woods near my house. I'd be running away, then BAM! on would turn the "weapon", I'd be blinded temporarily, which was usually long enough to make me run straight into a tree.

But seriously, the thought of this thing replacing guns is laughable. I also don't know why the article references Star Wars so much, when the thing they described isn't anywhere close to being a lightsaber, as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

a cell phone is the ultimate weapon LoL

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

personally my self i beleive that the paintball gun w/ pepper balls is more dangerous than the dissorienting ray the paint ball gun has taken a couple of lives one for sure in boston

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
While this thing could make stun guns obsolete, this is in no way similar to an actual gun. I don't see why the topic was named so considering that this isn't even remotely like a gun. It's basically a high powered LED flashlight.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
while that advanced light weapon would be a good choice, i'm tempted to say that this one is far better.

gizmodo.com...

it is part of the metal storm technology that is being equipped on many vehicles etc. for instance they are the makers of a million round per minute gun, and they make rocket launchers too.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet

it is part of the metal storm technology that is being equipped on many vehicles etc. ...

No Metalstorm product is regularly used on any military vehicle worldwide. They haven´t even begun producing anything in quantity. All they have are some development contracts with various US institutions. That doesnt mean anything will come of it.

[edit on 23/8/2007 by Lonestar24]

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
projectile weapons are obsolete! Can you honestly say that humans will be using these primitive weapons well into the digital space age? I never recalled any 357 magnums in any Sci Fi shows.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Try doing that with a rifle.

AK, select fully auto - spray and pray, nuff said

Seriously though it is good that more and more 'non-lethal' devices are coming out, the only option is not a gun any more - but they only complement firearms in most situations, they can't seriously expect to replace them.

Could see this been taken up by the prison service in the UK - we don't use nearly as many firearms as our buddies on t'other side of the pond

I think non-lethal means of deterrence are not any better than firearms. For one, they have proven to be lethal on occasion (tasers). Also, you can dodge bullets and hide behind walls from them, their trajectory is predictable. How in the heck are you going to escape some kind of coma inducing light weapon, sound weapons, microwaves, etc. I'd rather deal with basic guns.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Forget ducking for cover. Forget bullet proof vests. Forget AIM ! Enough said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join