It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steam pipe blast victims sue utility provider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Steam pipe blast victims sue utility provider

www.usatoday.com

NEW YORK (AP) — A tow-truck driver and his passenger burned when a massive steam-pipe explosion blew a crater in a Manhattan street last month have sued the city's utility provider, accusing it of misconduct.

Passenger Judith Bailey and a guardian for driver Gregory McCullough seek unspecified damages from Consolidated Edison in the lawsuits filed Tuesday in State Supreme Court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Poor guy did get quite a beating from that steam pipe. Good thing he got someone to figure out how to take advantage of the situation

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OLD NEWS. the last person who was hurt by it got out of the hospital today.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by noobmonster
OLD NEWS. the last person who was hurt by it got out of the hospital today.

12 hours old, if you're talking about the news of the steam pipe exploding. Well then, yes, that's old news.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
In the good old days you were happy to just be alive. Now you cant have a company that builds or sells anything without having to worry about being sued. This should be thrown out instantly. Only if there is evidence of misconduct on behalf of the company there should be trial, and then the state should do the prosecuting. Everything is fragile in this world and things will always break and cause injuries, no company can ever stop that.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
In the good old days you were happy to just be alive. Now you cant have a company that builds or sells anything without having to worry about being sued. This should be thrown out instantly. Only if there is evidence of misconduct on behalf of the company there should be trial, and then the state should do the prosecuting. Everything is fragile in this world and things will always break and cause injuries, no company can ever stop that.

You raise a good point but, I'd be glad to see most corporations sued. Like Mcdonalds, and other big corporations.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Let them be sued for all their crimes and such, but not by private citizens. They should just report these crimes and then the state should go after them.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

If I was burned so badly that I had to be put into a medically induced coma, I think I'd want compensation, too.

I'd also think about revenge.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yeah sure, if someone did it on purpose. We live in a decaying world so if you were in an accident and you think revenge remember that the tables might be turned some day.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure the CEO of that company is going to be burned over 80% his body and put into a coma because the pain is impossible to bear because some stupid utility company doesn't want to take proper care of it's steam lines.

Unless this was caused by something natural, like an earthquake, I don't see how this isn't negligence. We'll see in the court case, I guess.

new topics

top topics

join