It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gingrich another Nixon ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
First of all lets take a look at two aspects of Gingrich character.

-- Potential presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on Tuesday blasted the modern-day road to the White House as too long, too expensive and verging on "insane."
Ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich says the presidential campaign structure is "stunningly dangerous."
The former House speaker from Georgia said he will decide whether to enter the GOP presidential field in October. But in a wide-ranging speech at the National Press Club in Washington, he ridiculed campaign consultants and spin doctors who he said are extending the 2008 campaign. He said presidential debates have become "almost unendurable."
"These aren't debates," the former Georgia congressman said. "This is a cross between [TV shows] 'The Bachelor,' 'American Idol' and 'Who's Smarter than a Fifth-Grader.'

source

Newt is spot on here enough said. Much like Nixon was pretty much on the right track with his foreign policy and No I am not comparing Nixon foreign policy with campaign issues instead I am looking at what you might call the flawed genius mind set.

Now to another part of Newt character .

In the wake of the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich laid the blame for the tragedy at the feet of liberals. Here’s what he said:

“I want to say to the elite of this country - the elite news media, the liberal academic elite, the liberal political elite: I accuse you in Littleton…of being afraid to talk about the mess you have made, and being afraid to take responsibility for things you have done, and instead foisting upon the rest of us pathetic banalities because you don’t hav

source

Now we see the darker part of Newt character this kind of thinking doesn't seem very far way from Nixon enemy list . With warrant less wire taping there is no way of knowing if this measure is or will be abused in the same manner Nixon used the CIA.

Have American voters been given warning signs to heed should Newt choose to run ?

I would welcome members input into this matter.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted by xpert11
First of all lets take a look at two aspects of Gingrich character.

Potential presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on Tuesday blasted the modern-day road to the White House as too long, too expensive and verging on "insane." Ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich says the presidential campaign structure is "stunningly dangerous."

Too long, from January 2007 to November 4, 2008, is Six Hundred Sixty-eight days. 668. In the UK, the elections must be at least 30 days long but not more than 60 days. A similar time line is used in Canada, too. It is TOO crazy to believe if I were not here, watching it!

The former House speaker from Georgia said he will decide whether to enter the GOP presidential field in October. But in a wide-ranging speech at the National Press Club in Washington, he ridiculed campaign consultants and spin doctors who he said are extending the 2008 campaign. He said presidential debates have become "almost unendurable." "These aren't debates," the former Georgia congressman said. "This is a cross between [TV shows] 'The Bachelor,' 'American Idol' and 'Who's Smarter than a Fifth-Grader.'

I could not agree more. I do like the inclusion of all the candidates as opposed to next year when only the nominees of the 2 parties will be on the platform. That will surely show up in sharp contrast, although so far only Mike Bloomberg is a possible 3rd party candidate. The other so-called 3rd parties have no chance at all this time. No Dem will vote Green again.

Now to another part of Newt character . In the wake of the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich laid the blame for the tragedy at the feet of liberals. Here’s what he said: “I want to say to the elite of this country - the elite news media, the liberal academic elite, the liberal political elite: I accuse you in Littleton…of being afraid to talk about the mess you have made, and being afraid to take responsibility for things you have done, and instead foisting upon the rest of us pathetic banalities because you don’t have . .

I assume Newt was referring to “Taking God out of the public schools” and to putting out FREE condoms in middle schools.” There are those who really believe in the First Amendment and there are many who really do not. There is nothing I could add or say that would change one person. He may also have been taking a side-shot at the anti-Gun people, too. Same reply.

Now we see the darker part of Newt character this kind of thinking doesn't seem very far way from Nixon enemy list . With warrant less wire taping there is no way of knowing if this measure is or will be abused in the same manner Nixon used the CIA. Have American voters been given warning signs to heed should Newt choose to run ? I would welcome members input into this matter.

Justin Oldham constantly expresses concern that whoever is the next president will build on and not tear down the Gonzales/Bush43 anti American civil liberties moves. I am trusting Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton to “do right” by America and not to “do wrong.”

[edit on 8/11/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well I'm not arguing against the right to free speech I am merely dealing with what Newt has said. No rational person would conclude that Condoms being available in school and taking god out of schools would lead to a school shooting.

Would you really want such ill rational thinking in the White House ?
Would you be willing to risk that a shade of good sense or such ill rational thought process could be used in decision making ?
How would you know when Newt would apply rational thought process and when he wouldn't ?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted by xpert11
Well I'm not arguing against the right to free speech I am merely dealing with what Newt has said. No rational person would conclude that Condoms being available in school and taking god out of schools would lead to a school shooting. Would you really want such ill rational thinking in the White House? Would you be willing to risk that a shade of good sense or such ill rational thought process could be used in decision making? How would you know when Newt would apply rational thought process and when he wouldn't?

Unfortunately it is the lot of politicians they have to say silly things and some things even that they do not believe themselves. So I tend to overlook the more ridiculous things we hear during campaign time. Recall the advice given by Pliny the Elder? “Play you know everyone, flatter them all, buy them food and drink. Ply them with gifts.”

Part of being a successful politician is knowing what you can do and what you can not or should not do. This is the underlying fault with Bush43. He is so poorly educated and not very industrious so that he must depend on others for all the advice that he needed to know before taking such a high office. Faced with a strong willed and “pushy” VP in Dick Cheney, he was easy prey for the sycophants around him, like Gonzales and Condo Rice.

Newt would not be such a puppet on a string as Bush43. It’s too bad for the country and the world that Laura Bush was no Nancy Reagan who faced a similar dilemma. A gregarious husband with more ambition than knowledge.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you mean as in another bone headed egotist... YES!!!

new topics

top topics

join