It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen nothing -YET

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hello All,

I am arit_, a long time member (since 2001) of the Space.com forums (known as arit there and TheOriginalArit in YouTube). I am a 37 y/o software/mechanical engineer and also a veteran Israeli Paratrooper, currently living in Canada with wife and 3 daughters.

I found ATS during the big Drone spillover. I found other interesting sites as well, but you guys impressed me so much that I started lurking daily. Today I finally decided to register and try to add my grain of sand to this wonderful "Borg Collective".

I have read all the Isaac/Carets threads and my hat is off to the amazing investigative work you guys have invested into it. I truly believe this place is THE PLACE when it comes to "Seriousness".

Lately there have been many reports of sightings all over the world. I have never ever seen anything I cannot explain. But I believe it is arrogant to claim that because I did not see anything, this is all "imagination". Specially when we consider the tons of footage presented to us in YouTube. While each of these videos could be potentially faked, I find it hard to believe that they are ALL fakes. The same goes with witness testimonies et all.

Since I am also an "Engineer Type" (he dissapeared, no?), and I need MY PROOF, I built myself my own "Skywatching station", which consists of a good webcam (enclosed in a weatherproof case with a fan) looking at the sky, and recording movement. The station records high-def video, still pictures AND the Vancouver interational airport tower (which is very close by) in case the alarm is triggered (by image processing software). It works pretty well on aircraft.

The reason I am posting while having seen absolutely nothing is just to let you know that you guys are the best and if I ever actually get something this is the place where it will show up first. I just hope I will be able to pass the inquisition that you guys provide (AND RIGHTFULLY SO) to the "claimers".

I wish you all the best.

arit

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Fascinating device you have there, with the webcam. Certainly keep us posted if anything comes up. I'm sure it will come as a relief to countless disheartened sky watchers everywhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hi,

Thanks. If you are interested in more details about "the station", it's evolution alongside pictures can be found in the Space.com "Phenomena" forum (link below) the pictures start in page 3/5 and evolve. You will also see that it was a team effort (brainwise).

uplink.space.com...

Regards,

arit

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I certainly admire your dedication: not many people take the trouble to put something like that together

If anything good comes into frame, I'd love to see a few shots.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by arit_
I truly believe this place is THE PLACE when it comes to "Seriousness".

I wouldn't go that far, lol. Lots of cool stuff here, but everything here is still peppered with the cooks and nuts that make the average person discount "ufology".

I mean, did you hear?....theres a big soul machine on the moon, lol. Totally serious stuff there. And if you browse enough of the threads you will find out the complete "alien hierarchy" how they reproduce, whether they see in color, how they eat, crap, and breath, who is good and bad......you get the idea. Don't get too comfortable in the presence of woo. We all want to believe, that's why we are here. Some just go off the deep end a little.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
IgnoreTheFacts, I hardly call wondering if ET's see in color or what they eat questions that indicate, as you call it, "going off the deep end a little". And I suggest you take note of the title of this sub-forum. Are you reading the word 'Alien' in it there somewhere? If not, then let me give you a hint; it comes after the word 'and'.

It's not for you announce that people are "going off the deep end" by asking questions that are pertinent to the topic of this forum and should I remind you that if you even believe that UFOs exist, then contingent with that belief is the possibility that ET's are somehow connected to this phenomenon. Now if you find that statement "going a little off the deep end" then I suggest to find a good skeptics forum somewhere where I'm sure you will find a nice group to bond with who love making fun of people who honestly are sincere in their questions about UFOs and Aliens.

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
And I suggest you take note of the title of this sub-forum. Are you reading the word 'Alien' in it there somewhere? If not, then let me give you a hint; it comes after the word 'and'.

Isn't 'Alien' before the symbol ampersand, as in 'Aliens & UFOs'. The discussion ranges from serious research to plain BS at times. Just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was going to say ampersand but I tried to make things easier for him as it's my guess he doesn't know what that is.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Welcome Arit, sounds like you've got a good level headed start to your personal quest for more info about this phenomena. I'm going to check out your Cam setup, sounds interesting.

Nevermind the ardent naysayers on either side of the aisle here, if the truth is to be found here its always usually nestled somewhere in the middle anyway, not all of the time but most of the time.

I'm somewhat like you I would guess, havent ever really seen anything that I could definitively say, "Yep. Can't explain that one. Did it for me - time to write a book/start a new religion, etc....." I've seen a few things that I still do question but more than likely can be associated with very mundane terrestrial origins. At the very least my "events" were so unspectacular that I hardly consider them worth mentioning at times. LOL. I still keep looking up tho, I'll never stop that.

Have fun here tho, theres plenty to be had....

[edit on 9-8-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
One thing a person discovers here is that one must do quite of bit of sifting through the information. It can be easy to confuse someone stating their opinion versus stating a fact. Every so often my mind gets to see a bit of a wider picture of the subject. People can sure come up with some interesting ideas.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
One thing a person discovers here is that one must do quite of bit of sifting through the information.

Agreed, I forget sometimes how vast the archives are here. The little "Search" applet at the upper right of the forum pages is invaluable and will most likely keep some of the more intolerant and somewhat anal types here from raking you over the coals for not using it when looking for info...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
IgnoreTheFacts, I hardly call wondering if ET's see in color or what they eat questions that indicate, as you call it, "going off the deep end a little".

I agree with IgnoreTheFacts post. While speculating about the existence of ET & UFOs and discussing the cases is fine, claiming on this forum that ET's don't have sex or ET's like chili flavored tortillas if bull****.

If a person that has never heard of UFOs is approached by a believer that tells him ET's are shapeshifting reptilians that have infiltrated the royal family and eat humans, and then another believer tells him about roswell and how it might be an alien crash, which believer will taken more seriously?

[edit on 9-8-2007 by DarkSide]

top topics

join