It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sleeper John Lear?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry I don't know what else to think, but there is just way too much coincidence and John Lear mentions his name so many times. Is John Lear really this "Sleeper" character? He acts like everything Sleeper says is just law and the bible.

Moderators-Apologies if this is in the wrong place, there really isn't a place for it but feel free to move it. I hope this isn't against the rules.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i'm sorry but while i am some what familiar with john lear and his claims i'm not sure what the 'sleeper' is? please explain

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
i'm sorry but while i am some what familiar with john lear and his claims i'm not sure what the 'sleeper' is? please explain

Sleeper as in "Im coming clean on extraterrestrials" topic fame.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Why would he need to be under disguise for that? Isnt John Lear fairly vocal regarding such things anyway? and that 2nd poster, assuming thats the poster in the pic, is
ps *is not an internet pedophile*

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Correct, in this same forum, there is a huge thread from Sleeper, and John Lear mentions his name at every single turn.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Sleeper as in "Im coming clean on extraterrestrials" topic fame.

Why can't he just come clean himself? I personally don't believe he has had any contact, but some of his thoughts sure is intelligent.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't know if they're one and the same, but they both have some pretty outrageous and frankly unbelievable claims.

The sun being pregnant was the thread that made me decide I couldn't take Sleeper seriously.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I believe they are the same person, and the second alias was created to back up John Lear's crazy claims or post the ones that John is too embarrassed tp post.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
The sun being pregnant was the thread that made me decide I couldn't take Sleeper seriously.

I have to concur I felt the same way.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by braddman
post the ones that John is too embarrassed to post.

John? I didn't think there was any such topic

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What about the books that Sleeper has written? Do you think Mr. Lear wrote these under a different name because he didn't want to be ridiculed for having "outrageous" ideas?

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by eaglewingz

Originally posted by braddman
post the ones that John is too embarrassed to post.

John? I didn't think there was any such topic

Best post of the day! You had me ROTFLMAO with that one!

As far as me being Sleeper, he is not buying into the BSMOTM (Big Soul Machine On The Moon). Does that mean I am not buying into my own theory?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
Does that mean I am not buying into my own theory?

Well, you did mention recently on an ATSmix interview that your faith in that theory has been dwindling in the presence of someone else's theory. I forget exactly what you said, but it was something like that. Who has a transcript? lol

I'd still say it's a stretch to link John to Sleeper. But of course, anything is possible. I might even be the tooth fairy. Can you disprove it?

[edit on 8/9/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Originally posted by damajikninja

Well, you did mention recently on an ATSmix interview that your faith in that theory has been dwindling in the presence of someone else's theory. I forget exactly what you said, but it was something like that. Who has a transcript? lol

Your memory is correct. I did say that. Due to the huge audience that the ATS Mix has I didn't want to embarrass my good friend Sleeper who does not buy into the BSMOTM theory. But the fact is that I still think it is a valid theory. I mean, after all, where else would your soul go when you pass away?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
To the abyss, where their souls would be sucked in by Sluagh's, and Raziel.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have enormous respect for both Sleeper and John, and as someone who reads a lot of their stuff -- I can confidently say, they are completely different people.

I find it amusing how some will jump to crazy presumptions just because a well known and credited name believes and will promote something different than that of the beliefs of the populace. There are thousands more who believe in what Sleeper says, and I'm sure if given the opportunity -- would let that fact be known to the mass... Does that make all them suspects too?

But I'm sure if you(s) would actually have bothered to read both their threads and learn a bit about them (and their differences), before immediately steering away soon as you've realized your unbreakable beliefs have been contradicted... perhaps we wouldn't be here?

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Whoa...whoa...hold on just a damn second here, lol. There's a "big soul machine on the moon"?!? Why wasn't I notified?

I have never really followed any of John's claims, so admit I am completely ignorant of his views, provable facts, and such. But after hearing that I'll pretty much have to not bother. Soul machine on the moon.....that's a good one. Don't even know what it means, but just hearing that in this thread alone makes me automatically discount anything else he have to say.

There was a recent thread where someone asked the current state of "ufology". It was pretty much agreed that for anybody outside this community to take "ufology" even remotely seriously, people and ideas like this need to be weeded out and not given attention.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The sun is pregnant chased y'all from sleeper's thread? seriously? it wasn't the wild drunken sex with hot alien chicks on pool tables that made you think he was making the story up?

um, wow.

as to the pregnant sun, as nuts as it sounds, here's a recent ATS thread that might be of interest to those of you in the "can't catch me, the rabbit done died" boat:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

***DISCLAIMER TIME*** John, there's no malevolent intent in the next few comments. If anything comes across as ill will, you're misreading it. I am not commenting on your thoughts or beliefs other than their possible connection to Sleeper's postings.
***END DISCLAIMER***

Are Lear and Sleeper the same? I don't think so. Perhaps Sleeper brings some of Lear's theories into his screenplay (he says he writing a screenplay so let's call it what it is) as it makes his future film more interesting. It then seems as if he's corroborating Lear's theories.

Much like our other active story teller thread (time travel guy), many of the more "out there" theories are incorporated into the story. Why? My theory is to try and garner as much attention from every theorist possible here. The more you add to the story, the more people you can get interested in your tale. I stopped reading sleeper's postings when he mentioned the alien sex so I don't know what he's brought into play with regards to Lear or any other theories that are prevalent on the site but I would imagine there are quite a few.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I mean, after all, where else would your soul go when you pass away?

Are being serious?

Guys, I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Lear must be having quite a laugh at all of the people on the web who will believe ANYTHING!

Way to go John, but a SOUL CATCHER? on the MOON?

Come on, man, you can't be serious!

BTW, my reaction is from the standpoint of a biochemist, and I mean you no disrespect. If these are in fact your sincere beliefs, then I apologize. It just seems to me like some sort of a joke or prank.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't know much (don't all jump in at once to agree), but one thing I'm sure of is that John and sleeper are two distinctly different individuals.

One of the things that I always found interesting about sleeper is that he's not all that familiar with UFO history (from a popular cultural mythos perspective), and the familiar players in that particular field.

I don't think sleeper had a clue about who John was until after he posted in sleeper's original big "clear as the nose on your face" thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join