It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I seeing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Sorry if this is not posted in the correct forum, but as it has to do with my eyes I assumed this would be the place. However if I am wrong please move this to the correct section.

Since I was about 5 years old I have seen things that tend to 'glide' over my eyes. Little bubbles and shapes that seem as if they are floating on my eye or right in front of it. Is this just me seeing things or is there an actual explanation?
If you have any theory/ idea I would love to hear it. I don't see this as a problem, I'm just curious as to what it might be.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
"floaters", they're seen by people with vision problems such as nearsightedness...very, very, very normal. I've got 'em, my mom and dad's got 'em, my nearsighted friends have got 'em.

www.allaboutvision.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
wow thanks for the quick response.

I had never heard anyone else experience this, but I figured it would be something normal. My parents thought I was making this up. Oddly enough I just got my eyes checked and did not have any signs of nearsightedness. Thanks for the info however.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
"floaters", they're seen by people with vision problems such as nearsightedness...very, very, very normal. I've got 'em, my mom and dad's got 'em, my nearsighted friends have got 'em.

I thought floaters were black dots, not clear shapes?
I have these so-called floaters and they are just black dots that look like they may have limbs coming from them

[edit on 8-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Theirs alrady a topic on this just google ats and floaters should take you right to it. Either that or search ats for it should help you with what you want.
Se7

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I kinda see clear amoeba or hair like stuff under the right conditions. I suppose it varies from person to person.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i know i have eye problems and i have them too
little sand like thingies floating around,most when u look near directly the sun...but u also see like a reflection of ur eye and the microbs on it or something liek that like a giant telescope...

the other things is when i look at the sky or whatever and when i concentrate i see like everything is made of power,,,a little sand that moves...but thats some kind of optical illusion or something....cant explained

look if u see glowing colors around objects or people that are calld "auras" then it gets interesting

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
i know i have eye problems and i have them too
little sand like thingies floating around,most when u look near directly the sun...but u also see like a reflection of ur eye and the microbs on it or something liek that like a giant telescope...

I see them almost anytime I look at a light colored surface, usually outside.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

www.allaboutvision.com...

ding ding ding.......... we have a winner.

They are usualy benign but annoying. They can be clar as well. Mine are by and large at anyrate. However, an increase in thier number (esp if sudden) may be a sign of a problem and should be looked into.

Mine tend to be round or geometric with defined boarders and hazy centers

[edit on 8/8/07 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
concentrate ur vision on some object with clear background
now after some time dont u see an color around the object?
now thats when it gets cool^^

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
ok so i've come up with some possible things that it might be:

1: maybe its some sort of bacteria/fungus. this can be caused by all sorts of things like contact solution, swimming pools etc..

2: maybe its caused by some sort of heavy lifting/pulling. i know that when people over-exert themselves they sometimes have bloodvessels pop etc.

3:maybe it has something to do with the inside of the eye being filled with gel(like) stuff? these floaters might be small pieces of gel that seperated.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It is good to have that checked with an opthamologist first to rule out any potential problems.
Also if it persists or gets worse talk with your family Dr. and have a cat scan done to rule out anything neurological happening.
Then if all checks out well and you are healthy, relax and know that it could be esoteric and when ever you see them stop and meditate or pray for a minute or so. Those swirly types can be your higher self connecting with you for transmission of subconscious guidance.

top topics

join